Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions M340 Shadowline "design" vs Extended shadowline "trim"

09-23-2022, 07:42 AM   #1
Jryanl
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

M340 Shadowline "design" vs Extended shadowline "trim"

Hi all,
Tried search, but failed.

What is the difference between the $850 design option vs $300 trim option?

It looks like the design option includes the trim option, but not sure what else it includes.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 07:57 AM   #2
Norra Norra
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e

The extra money gets you the dynamic cornering headlights. Nice if you live in rural areas with lots of dark turns, otherwise skip it.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 10:25 AM   #3
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jryanl View Post
Hi all,
Tried search, but failed.

What is the difference between the $850 design option vs $300 trim option?

It looks like the design option includes the trim option, but not sure what else it includes.

TIA
The $850, at least in the US, gets you the shadowline adaptive headlights, painted brakes in Red or Blue, shadowline grille, black exhaust tips, and the rear spoiler is black instead of body color.
The $300 will get you the grille and exhaust tips.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2022, 10:30 AM   #4
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxdotjpeg View Post
The $850, at least in the US, gets you the shadowline adaptive headlights, painted brakes in Red or Blue, shadowline grille, black exhaust tips, and the rear spoiler is black instead of body color.
Oh and more about the spoiler lip. I expected mine to be gloss or jet black, but it appears to be Black Sapphire Metallic. Not what I expected but the contrast looks good.
Appreciate 1
TruthOne1081.00
      09-23-2022, 12:53 PM   #5
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxdotjpeg View Post
Follow-up question: in the config, selecting the $850 package makes the calipers red, which you can't change later on in the configurator.

You're stating that, when I go to order, I can swap the calipers back to the blue? Here I was thinking I was going to have to get the shadowline trim option to keep the blue calipers.
      09-23-2022, 01:01 PM   #6
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
Follow-up question: in the config, selecting the $850 package makes the calipers red, which you can't change later on in the configurator.

You're stating that, when I go to order, I can swap the calipers back to the blue? Here I was thinking I was going to have to get the shadowline trim option to keep the blue calipers.
I guess it depends which model you are getting, I was able to pick between the two on my 330e, but I believe the M340 makes you get the red brakes with shadowline package. It sucks because the only way to get blue brakes and black grille is extended shadowline but then you don't get the cornering headlights. For the 330e it only gives you blue brakes with dynamic handling, then lets you choose red or blue if you add shadowline package.
Appreciate 0