Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Ecutek Tune causing CEL Codes?

02-14-2024, 07:03 PM   #1
TypicaL_Tre
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Ecutek Tune causing CEL Codes?

My 2020 m340i just got tuned with Ecutek. This has caused a CEL and a "Check Control" message to appear on screen when driving. I've cleared the codes multiple times and brought my car back to my tuner. He cleared some of the codes that were being triggered by too much Torque to the wheels but I'm still left with other codes and the on screen "Check Control" message.

The "Check Control" message says, "Support from driver assistance restricted. You can continue driving. Driver assistance permanently restricted." Then when I click view problem on screen, it says "No faults". Again, this randomly occurs when I'm driving. There isn't a pattern to the error message popping up, sometimes when parked, nothing around me moving, sometimes when driving, slow or fast.

The error codes I'm receiving are (scanning with Foxwell):

Body Domain Controller
- 8049A0 - Switch block, seat functions driver's door (LIN): Internal fault
- D9040A - BDC-ZGM, powertrain CAN: Communications fault

Digital Motor Electronics
- CD840A - DME: Powertrain CAN: Communications fault

Rear radar sensor near range right HRSNR
- CB157E - No message (wheel torque, drive 4, 0xDC), receiver HRSNR, transmitter DME/DDE/CCU

Receiver audio module
- D6D40A - No message (torque crankshaft 1, 0x0A5), receiver RAM, transmitter DME/DDE/CCU

Camera-based driver assist system KAFAS
- 800ABF - KAFAS camera: field of vision impaired for a short time
- E0541 - No message (driv, accelerator pedal), receiver KAFAS, transmitter DME1

IHKA Air conditioning system
- 80132F - Stationary climate control: Remote engine start not possible/cancellation

I've cleared these messages and one that doesn't get cleared is the Body Domain Control - 8049A0. I've also washed the car, specifically around any of the parking sensors and the front windshield by the camera so nothing should be restricting the view. I have an EZpass transponder mounted directly below the camera unit but I've also removed that and still received the "Check Control" message.

I should also note the remote start isn't working. If I clear the codes, no CEL, it'll say remote start not possible. We couldn't get the remote start to work even with my Tuner clearing the messages. (Remote start worked perfectly before Downpipe install + tune, no CEL before Downpipe install)

Any and all help is much appreciated. This problem is super frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 08:29 PM   #2
xnick101
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Flash to the stock map and then reflash your current tune. These are body control module errors, not really from the DME. Seems like something got corrupted during flashing. You can also try emailing ecutek about these issues, they can tell you how to fix it.
Also, the remote start doesn't work on Ecutek. We have been complaining to them for a full year now and they STILL say they are working on it. You can try emailing them to let them know people really want it fixed: support@ecutek.com
Appreciate 1
jpowers36222.50
      02-15-2024, 09:20 AM   #3
TypicaL_Tre
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnick101 View Post
Flash to the stock map and then reflash your current tune. These are body control module errors, not really from the DME. Seems like something got corrupted during flashing. You can also try emailing ecutek about these issues, they can tell you how to fix it.
Also, the remote start doesn't work on Ecutek. We have been complaining to them for a full year now and they STILL say they are working on it. You can try emailing them to let them know people really want it fixed: support@ecutek.com
I reached out to Ecutek and they actually said to keep an eye out on their social media accounts because they should have a fix "Soon".

I'll ask my tuner about the reflash in the meantime.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 03:11 PM   #4
GA/\/\/\/\A_CT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘20 m340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicaL_Tre View Post
I reached out to Ecutek and they actually said to keep an eye out on their social media accounts because they should have a fix "Soon".

I'll ask my tuner about the reflash in the meantime.
I have been asking ecutek to make their flash remote start compatible for a year. They say “soon” but for a “long” time.

I’m not hopeful for “soon”.
Appreciate 0