Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2019: Italian GP - Monza (Sep 8)

09-09-2019, 03:20 PM   #89
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
My mind is already fast forwarding to Marina Bay circuit and who will be king of the fast curves. Hamilton called for more power at Monza but that won't be the answer there.
I reckon a RB win is very likely there. Merc will probably end up 2nd fastest with Ferrari 3rd.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2019, 04:23 PM   #90
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Singapore is going to be terrible for Ferrari. I think McLaren will be good there too. As a Ferrari and a (hit rock bottom) Vettel fan I think I'm going to sit that one out and go out have breakfast with my wife.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 04:32 PM   #91
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Prost wasn't just criticizing, he was talking shit about everyone from mechanics all the way too the Ferrari family. Alonso also was talking shit about the team and about Montezemolo. Vettel never did and will never criticize his dream team, that's why he won't be sacked.

Edit: Vettel and Elkann are actually buddies. Elkann and Vettel spend a lot of time together in Switzerland.
i dont understand what makes this certain..
world ll keep spinning if he ll be sacked or not.. only thing im sure about Ferrari that human relations go up and down pretty fast.. if you dont agree.. no one is forcing you to think differently.. take it easy..
      09-09-2019, 04:33 PM   #92
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1-fan View Post
I reckon a RB win is very likely there. Merc will probably end up 2nd fastest with Ferrari 3rd.
MAX in his latest interview and also in *La Gazzetta dello Sport*

In Dutch (sorry guys) please use Google-Translate => https://www.gptoday.net/nl/nieuws/f1...te-auto-hebben

According MAX (in short) :

*Ik zou zeggen dat ik in de snelste auto wil rijden. Als dat een rode auto is, dan zou ik daar graag in willen rijden*
"Ik wil alleen naar Ferrari als ze de beste auto hebben"

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 04:37 PM   #93
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

In Dutch (sorry guys) please use Google-Translate => https://www.gptoday.net/nl/nieuws/f1...te-auto-hebben

*Ik zou zeggen dat ik in de snelste auto wil rijden. Als dat een rode auto is, dan zou ik daar graag in willen rijden*
if the translation was right i started to feel like Max tends to leave Red Bull right on the moment he finds a better chance without hesitation.. Horner certainly d like to keep him in the team though there is not much options these days for Max for another seat.. a better seat..
      09-09-2019, 06:04 PM   #94
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
You could be right,a Max win could be on the cards if he grabs pole.
2nd? A steely Charles can outfox Lewis again with Seb mixing it with Valeri and Albion.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2019, 02:09 AM   #95
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Ha!
I understood that
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2019, 02:12 AM   #96
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
if the translation was right i started to feel like Max tends to leave Red Bull right on the moment he finds a better chance without hesitation.. Horner certainly d like to keep him in the team though there is not much options these days for Max for another seat.. a better seat..
Spot on.

Verstappen is only at RB at the moment, because there are no seats available at Merc or Ferrari. The moment his contract expire, you can bet your bottom dollar he will make the move to wherever he chooses. Every team boss would be after his signature, and somehow I think Ferarri would ultimately win.

All of these of course, depends on the competitiveness of RB at that stage.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2019, 02:13 AM   #97
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Singapore is going to be terrible for Ferrari. I think McLaren will be good there too. As a Ferrari and a (hit rock bottom) Vettel fan I think I'm going to sit that one out and go out have breakfast with my wife.
That is going to be one helluva breakfast then.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2019, 02:34 AM   #98
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I lost count of the times I said that and ended up watching GP.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2019, 09:24 AM   #99
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
Horner would 5H1T in his own pants . On the other hand , money can buy everything ...

=> https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/01...iver-salaries/

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      09-10-2019, 09:25 AM   #100
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Ha!
I understood that

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 11:20 AM   #101
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Horner would 5H1T in his own pants . On the other hand , money can buy everything ...

=> https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/01...iver-salaries/
I tell you, it's even more impressive to see what Lewis does on a race by race basis when you see the amount of money he's making. It takes a special kind of person to put in that type of dedication and commitment even when making that insane amount of money (that doesn't even include endorsements wow!). To see him still pushing and taking chances when he's set for multiple lifetimes financially is extremely impressive. The guy has done it all, has it all, and is still completely relentless and shooting for gaps that barely exist.

If only all of our spoiled rotten sports "stars" in America with their obscene guaranteed long term contracts were the same as Lewis.
Appreciate 3
yco5722.50
minn1913970.00
      09-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #102
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I tell you, it's even more impressive to see what Lewis does on a race by race basis when you see the amount of money he's making. It takes a special kind of person to put in that type of dedication and commitment even when making that insane amount of money (that doesn't even include endorsements wow!). To see him still pushing and taking chances when he's set for multiple lifetimes financially is extremely impressive. The guy has done it all, has it all, and is still completely relentless and shooting for gaps that barely exist.

If only all of our spoiled rotten sports "stars" in America with their obscene guaranteed long term contracts were the same as Lewis.
Yep . I agree . Racing driver is a combination from man and machine in action . Both must be perfect, the whole season long to become a F1 World Champion .
Lewis has done this 5 times . Soon 6 times ...

Earlier today I was reading a new interview from MAX . He said the second place on a podium is for a loser ...

Money is not everything for these guys . But it's really nice to have it

Appreciate 2
Bartledoo2690.00
NickyC17346.00
      09-10-2019, 12:55 PM   #103
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Ferrari should dump Vettel at the end of the season, and give Alonso one final hurrah.

I can't believe how much Vettel has dropped off, what a decline.
Many people would say no to this, for many reasons.....

BUT, I'm with you 100 percent.
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo2690.00
      09-10-2019, 01:03 PM   #104
M5Rick
General
Rep

Can't deny that LH is at the top of his game and something takes over when he pushes, not even Valtteri can match that and quite keep up with him.Certainly Seb is feeling the after effects of it!
Question now is can Lewis take on new guy on the block Charles with his solid demeanour and his seemingly perfect Ferrari package.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #105
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

F1 posted an interesting video on Instagram showing that Leclerc's gain from the tow is 0.131 second on the back straight only. The difference between their lap times is 0.15 second. This should be enough to show that if Vettel got a tow he would've been on pole. The guy didn't lose it. He's under tremendous pressure. (As Matt Galagher said: I'm not a fanboy, just passionate).
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo2690.00
      09-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #106
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yep . I agree . Racing driver is a combination from man and machine in action . Both must be perfect, the whole season long to become a F1 World Champion .
Lewis has done this 5 times . Soon 6 times ...

Earlier today I was reading a new interview from MAX . He said the second place on a podium is for a loser ...

Money is not everything for these guys . But it's really nice to have it
Jenson Button, on Topgear, once said he would give all his possessions and money for one world championship title. That is when he was still driving for BAR.

Winning for them is first priority, but the money I think, is a close second.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2019, 01:39 PM   #107
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Can't deny that LH is at the top of his game and something takes over when he pushes, not even Valtteri can match that and quite keep up with him.Certainly Seb is feeling the after effects of it!
Question now is can Lewis take on new guy on the block Charles with his solid demeanour and his seemingly perfect Ferrari package.
It was only perfect at Spa and Monza.

Sadly it will battle to win any races for the remainder of the season, as all the remaining races are heavily down force dependent.

That's why I previously said, watch out for RB, and Max in particular.
Appreciate 3
minn1913970.00
EdM53854.50
      09-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #108
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
F1 posted an interesting video on Instagram showing that Leclerc's gain from the tow is 0.131 second on the back straight only. The difference between their lap times is 0.15 second. This should be enough to show that if Vettel got a tow he would've been on pole. The guy didn't lose it. He's under tremendous pressure. (As Matt Galagher said: I'm not a fanboy, just passionate).
This is what a lot of people on other F1 comment sites are not taking on board and saying VET is finished when understandably he was shortchanged from the tow fallout, hence the subsequent mistake and the unfortunate spin that led to penalty points.
Appreciate 2
      09-10-2019, 01:58 PM   #109
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
It was only perfect at Spa and Monza.

Sadly it will battle to win any races for the remainder of the season, as all the remaining races are heavily down force dependent.

That's why I previously said, watch out for RB, and Max in particular.
There's also hot shot Charles that can make the difference with what the car may lack as you suggest at Marina Bay and it's well known that faster cars stuck behind one that is not quite on pace with them will have big problems getting through.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2019, 02:07 PM   #110
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Jenson Button, on Topgear, once said he would give all his possessions and money for one world championship title. That is when he was still driving for BAR.

Winning for them is first priority, but the money I think, is a close second.
Yeah. In one word it's called *Passion*

But actually they deserve the money . As we could see in Franchorchamps it is extremely dangerous and sometimes even a death trap .

Appreciate 0