Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) NEW: Glossy black diamond style grille

05-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #1
Boostin335
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G82 M4CX, C8, MKIV Supra

NEW: Glossy black diamond style grille

This is now offered with the inner pieces also in black.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AutoTecknic...53.m1438.l2649

I am in a bit of a battle with creative motoring. They said a few days ago that it will fit my 330i xdrive car. However, they confirmed in their warehouse all of their grilles have the hole in it.

I am under the impression that the ones with the hole require a G20 to have the S5DNA package - Parking Assistance Plus.

I do not have that and I just wrote them back asking what they would like to do since they told me it would fit before I researched here and they've shipped it to me...(it arrives on Saturday per the tracking #).

Update: Spoke to their Sales Manager and he is going to send me a packing slip so I can send it back to them.

I did more research and it seems OEM BMW part #: 51-13-9-448-474 will fit my car.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D

My question... is the whole grille black? I can't tell from glare if the inner part is black or another color.

Last edited by Boostin335; 05-14-2020 at 05:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 08:06 PM   #2
Peter619
peter619
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 530i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin335 View Post
This is now offered with the inner pieces also in black.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AutoTecknic...53.m1438.l2649

I am in a bit of a battle with creative motoring. They said a few days ago that it will fit my 330i xdrive car. However, they confirmed in their warehouse all of their grilles have the hole in it.

I am under the impression that the ones with the hole require a G20 to have the S5DNA package - Parking Assistance Plus.

I do not have that and I just wrote them back asking what they would like to do since they told me it would fit before I researched here and they've shipped it to me...(it arrives on Saturday per the tracking #).

Update: Spoke to their Sales Manager and he is going to send me a packing slip so I can send it back to them.

I did more research and it seems OEM BMW part #: 51-13-9-448-474 will fit my car.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D

My question... is the whole grille black? I can't tell from glare if the inner part is black or another color.
They look identical. Both have a hole at the bottom center for the parking camera.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 08:09 PM   #3
Boostin335
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G82 M4CX, C8, MKIV Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter619 View Post
They look identical. Both have a hole at the bottom center for the parking camera.
Yeah, but that is not the reality. On the BMW dealer site it says this:

Description:
G20 3 Series M340iX Gloss Black Front Kidney Grille. Not for vehicles with park assist plus option. (*image shown is the version w/ park assist plus)

The S5DNA grille ends in a 5, the non version is 4
Appreciate 1