Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 2017 Ford Escape or Subaru Outback

01-16-2017, 06:34 PM   #1
IndyRed128i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 230I(Red)

2017 Ford Escape or Subaru Outback

So I am looking at purchasing one of these vehicles as a second car to use as a daily driver. From what I can tell, I am going to get a MUCH better deal on the escape, as well as more features for the money, however, several of my friends are mechanics and they tell me the outback is a way better car, hands down as far as durability.

Biggest factors for me as:
1. Price
2. Durability
3. Ability to do well in the snow and possibly gravel roads at times.(I have a second property in the country).

Anyone have any experience with these vehicles, or know of any others I should consider?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
I've never driven the escape so can't really comment on that but I've had many Subaru's in my time and always come back to the brand because of its durability and it's awesome symetrical AWD system, which in my opinion is superior to any other AWD systems that I've owned and exoetienced. I live in the snow belt section of the province and never had problems plowing through a foot of snow and never been stuck. I've been stuck with toyota 4wd and Xdrive many times..
hope that helps...
Appreciate 0