Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics fed up not to control my car

12-18-2019, 03:06 AM   #1
Asterix
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20 Msport

fed up not to control my car

Driving assistance is driving me crazy . The other day , at a road crossing , a guy came on my right to turn on his right while I was approaching to turn on left . The guy was driving at a "good speed" and my car has identified him as a potential lateral collision issue and triggered emergency braking l!!!! I've ended "parked" in the middle of the street!
Now I'm driving with all assistance disconnected and I rely on myself.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
my1ofakindself
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

I know the feeling - sometimes after a long road trip or long driving stint I feel kind of exhausted by the nannies and those little tweaks it makes to correct lane position etc. For the most part during daily driving, I don't mind it at all but after long trips I like to deactivate everything and just drive without the aids as you said. It works great to refresh my appreciation for just pure driving and how the car handles. If you feel like your experience is best with the nannies off, do what you feel is best man!
Appreciate 0