Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Apple CarPlay forever!

12-22-2019, 10:46 PM   #1
GMatrix
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive M Sport

Apple CarPlay forever!

Just in case anyone missed their email, BMW finally did what is right. Apple Carplay will no longer be subscription based, and will be forever free!

I have double confirmed this with a BMW genius, and the description to update from email is not very fitting, but anyways, when carplay subscription "run-out", you should go to APP page, and highlight "installed app" from left menu, press "option" (physical button) and there should be an option to update all apps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 10:47 PM   #2
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Pretty sure nobody missed this news. There's like 5 threads on it already.
Appreciate 1
phillyd2218.00
      12-22-2019, 10:55 PM   #3
GMatrix
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Pretty sure nobody missed this news. There's like 5 threads on it already.
I might be blind, but I did not see any posts out there regarding this. Maybe I'm only looking in the G20 section...
Anyways, I didn't make the post just to post. Was just a heads up for others who doesn't know yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 03:48 AM   #4
Sussex_G20
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

I received an email from BMW on Friday confirming

We would like to inform you about an important change to your Apple CarPlay Subscription as part of BMW ConnectedDrive.

In response to customer feedback, we have adjusted the Apple CarPlay offering to remove subscription periods.
Here’s what this means for you:

For all customers whose vehicles are equipped with Apple CarPlay, BMW is automatically extending the service to be an unlimited runtime, with no end date.

This extension will be at no additional cost to you, and there is no action required on your side.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 07:46 AM   #5
SCardamon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex_G20 View Post
I received an email from BMW on Friday confirming

[SIZE="1"]We would like to inform you about an important change to your Apple CarPlay Subscription as part of BMW ConnectedDrive.

In response to customer feedback, we have adjusted the Apple CarPlay offering to remove subscription periods.
Here’s what this means for you:

For all customers whose vehicles are equipped with Apple CarPlay, BMW is automatically extending the service to be an unlimited runtime, with no end date.

This extension will be at no additional cost to you, and there is no action required on your side.
[/SIZE]
Yeah there is also a note in there about being there as long as it is functional or something. If you thought the tech was bad when supported and paid for, just wait until the next major iOS update....
Appreciate 0