Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing Thinking of switching to a Mac but scared, help!

01-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #23
wind
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
So I was at Best Buy yesterday and was just amazed at how sexy the iMacs were. 24" screen? Come on, thats just hot.

My hesitancy is that I havent used an Apple since my first computer was a IIe(for those old enough to remember).

I want to make the switch but will it be hard to learn how to use the new OS compared to the windows Ive known for the past 15 yrs? Will it be hard to have everything work on it that I have working on my PC now? Will it be a long while before Im comfortable using it properly?

Thanks in advance.
I love Mac, switched about 2 years ago. Will take you a few days before you are totally comfortable. Just don't be afraid to experiment, drag things etc.
      01-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #24
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
I picked up a 900+ page book "the missing manual" by David Pogue to learn how to use it. Its kinda tough to learn things without the computer in front of me but Im sure it will become like second nature soon enough.
Hey HyperM3 - are you enjoying the Denon 3808?

Saw you over on AVSForums, correct? If yes, I have some 3808 questions.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #25
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

You can get any size screen for your Windows PC. I'm currently running dual 19" screens, but you can buy a 30" Samsung at Dell for $1300.

With the iMac, you're really stuck with a single size monitor from the get-go. I added my second monitor after a year.
Appreciate 0