Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge The Warriors will never lose again ;)

06-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #507
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
This is really somewhat the NBA's fault because they don't really regulate team rosters outside of salary and luxury caps... I would set a rule where you cannot have more than 1 allstar on a team etc., etc... maybe no one would like that but hell it would once again be a competitive league... I mean Golden State I could at least see but who tf would even remotely care about Cleveland outside of people in Cleveland... Lebron should really be the only relevant guy on that team, he is a Cleveland native. The NBA should have never allowed the Durant trade... plain and simple.

Also, as a Miami guy... we need one key role player with playoff experience to change things around... PG13 is imho a solid option but we'd gladly take Lebron back as well lol.

Should the NBA not have allowed LeBron James to go the Heat?
Yep, and I am a Heat Guy
      06-13-2017, 10:47 AM   #508
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Even if the Sonics are resurrected- KD won't go to Seattle. His "home" is Washington (D.C., not state)- and he didn't even give the wizards a chance.

I'd rather take Westbrook, if I'm being 100% honest. He's got that killer instinct.

I'm not trying talk you out of your feelings. That's for sure. I simply don't understand the hate.

The object is winning. The ultimate goal is getting the ring. KD gave 9 years of his career to Seattle/Oklahoma. He was a free agent. The Warriors had a spot for him and the money to spend. He saw an opportunity to get a ring and he took it. As a player, who wouldn't do that if they could? It's not his job to create parity. His job is to win games and get rings if he can. Why in the world would he want to spend the rest of his life like Charles Barkley who certainly wished he could have positioned himself to have a ring.

You say he should have given DC a chance because he's from there. I don't understand at all what that has to do with it. I'll bet if you look at all the great athletes in any sport, a very small percentage achieved their greatness in their home town. It's nice when it happens, but it certainly not standard.

I read posts saying NBA should have blocked KD's move. With what? He was a free agent. The Warriors had money to spend. Why? Because they didn't buy their team, they built it. So, the Warriors get sh*t because they are good, and smart, and play as a team, and have great coaching, and have great management and people are pissed that they win. KD gets sh*t because he is a winner in a job where winning is the objective.

The NBA needs parity. They need to figure out how to modify the rules to achieve that. KD moved under the existing rules. Why in the heck is that move his fault?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 10:52 AM   #509
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Even if the Sonics are resurrected- KD won't go to Seattle. His "home" is Washington (D.C., not state)- and he didn't even give the wizards a chance.

I'd rather take Westbrook, if I'm being 100% honest. He's got that killer instinct.

I'm not trying talk you out of your feelings. That's for sure. I simply don't understand the hate.

The object is winning. The ultimate goal is getting the ring. KD gave 9 years of his career to Seattle/Oklahoma. He was a free agent. The Warriors had a spot for him and the money to spend. He saw an opportunity to get a ring and he took it. As a player, who wouldn't do that if they could? It's not his job to create parity. His job is to win games and get rings if he can. Why in the world would he want to spend the rest of his life like Charles Barkley who certainly wished he could have positioned himself to have a ring.

You say he should have given DC a chance because he's from there. I don't understand at all what that has to do with it. I'll bet if you look at all the great athletes in any sport, a very small percentage achieved their greatness in their home town. It's nice when it happens, but it certainly not standard.

I read posts saying NBA should have blocked KD's move. With what? He was a free agent. The Warriors had money to spend. Why? Because they didn't buy their team, they built it. So, the Warriors get sh*t because they are good, and smart, and play as a team, and have great coaching, and have great management and people are pissed that they win. KD gets sh*t because he is a winner in a job where winning is the objective.

The NBA needs parity. They need to figure out how to modify the rules to achieve that. KD moved under the existing rules. Why in the heck is that move his fault?
First- self respect is worth a hell of a lot more in the real world than a ring. That's why I could respect Barkley.

Second- you mentioned Seattle as if it were KDs home, so I was correcting you that no, it's not- he was simply drafted and played his rookie year there before being stolen by those goat marrying sister fuckers in OKC- and that his real home couldn't even get a chance to sit him down, so I'd doubt he'd even consider Seattle if the team came back.

Third- as I've said before, NBA can kiss my ass. Until I have a reason to care (which I don't) ill simply chime in from time to time. I just want football season to start already. I don't actually "care" enough to really hate anyone. I just think it was a weak move.

Actually! If you have the espn app- listen to "hour 3" of yesterday's podcast of the dan lebatard show for the first 10 minutes of it. Stugotz goes on a rant that sums up exactly why i dislike KDs move.
      06-13-2017, 10:57 AM   #510
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Yep, and I am a Heat Guy
You actually said when hearing the news, "That's not fair. The Heat's got too much talent already. Adding James isn't fair to the rest of the league. The NBA should block this move. I hate James for making such a dick move." As a Heat fan you felt that way? Or, did you just sit back with a smile and watch the show.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #511
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, and I am a Heat Guy
You actually said when hearing the news, "That's not fair. The Heat's got too much talent already. Adding James isn't fair to the rest of the league. The NBA should block this move. I hate James for making such a dick move." As a Heat fan you felt that way? Or, did you just sit back with a smile and watch the show.
I obviously was not angered by it... but the point remains.
      06-13-2017, 12:34 PM   #512
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

congrats to the dubs you made me a richer man.
      06-13-2017, 07:06 PM   #513
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

I did pretty much the same thing starting about 6-7 seasons ago. Do not care about regular NBA seasons and only start watching when it is in the Conf Finals stage and the Finals.

Football is much more interesting to me (both college and NFL).

Quote:
First- self respect is worth a hell of a lot more in the real world than a ring. That's why I could respect Barkley.

Second- you mentioned Seattle as if it were KDs home, so I was correcting you that no, it's not- he was simply drafted and played his rookie year there before being stolen by those goat marrying sister fuckers in OKC- and that his real home couldn't even get a chance to sit him down, so I'd doubt he'd even consider Seattle if the team came back.

Third- as I've said before, NBA can kiss my ass. Until I have a reason to care (which I don't) ill simply chime in from time to time. I just want football season to start already. I don't actually "care" enough to really hate anyone. I just think it was a weak move.

Actually! If you have the espn app- listen to "hour 3" of yesterday's podcast of the dan lebatard show for the first 10 minutes of it. Stugotz goes on a rant that sums up exactly why i dislike KDs move.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 03:12 PM   #514
benn1985
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Nba is not interesting anymore because of these 2 teams dominating
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 09:49 PM   #515
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by benn1985 View Post
Nba is not interesting anymore because of these 2 teams dominating
How can we make the NBA great again? Get rid of the salary cap.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 10:27 PM   #516
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Who wonned
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 12:37 AM   #517
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Who wonned
Tiger Woods by two strokes.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 12:46 AM   #518
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

LeBron can't be serious. He doesn't think he was on a super team when he "Took His Talent To South Beach." Really. Draymon Green hit it on the head. LeBron, you started it.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 08:03 AM   #519
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
LeBron can't be serious. He doesn't think he was on a super team when he "Took His Talent To South Beach." Really. Draymon Green hit it on the head. LeBron, you started it.
Couldn't agree more and even though he decided to 'go back home' summer 2014, many think that Pat Riley wouldn't let LeBron make personal decisions regarding players, therefore, making it easier for LeBron to 'go back home'. LeBron in Cleveland is GM and part time coach so it would be hard for him to leave all that. Let's see what LeBron can do to take down the Warriors but they are so stacked that I can see the Warriors winning the next two championships easily.

IMHO the only teams I feel that can take out Cleveland in the East coming up:

Boston (they have the #1)
Heat (lots of cap space but they need to spend wisely)

Everybody else is just dreaming:

Toronto - doesn't have enough to overtake the Cavs.
Atlanta - Dwight Howard is on their team
Philly - so many top draft picks and they cannot put it together. If they all stay healthy and can play to their potential maybe they'll be knocking on the door.
Knicks - they need to cease to exist.
Nets - no #1 picks until 2037

Out in the West, the Spurs will meet GSW again, though I would love to see the Grizzlies and GSW meet in the playoffs. GSW IIRC had trouble against the Grizzlies at times as they have mobile bigs who can shoot. The Lakers might be trading out of the #2 to acquire another first rounder in this deep upcoming draft and could sign a good FA but they would be at least 2-3 years away from making serious noise.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 08:21 AM   #520
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

only way lb can win now is wait til hes an FA and join GS. everyone else trying to rebuild to battle GS is a joke. All you can basically do is just stay lil close and hope one of their main players goes down with an injury and rockets or spurs (if cp3 signs) can over take and thats just a maybe. Lakers should build their youth with lonzo in hopes BI/zo/dlo can become something special.

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #521
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

They won't win next year
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #522
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

LOL, bron can't deal with the monster he created. i mean the cavs are a super team out the ass. kyrie=steph interchangeable durant=lebron. but come on now you got kevin fuckin love. tristan thompson just as good as draymond. korver, shump, jr, dwilliams. fuckin joke warriors get blasted for superteam bs. cavs just cant play well enough together; the system is so well run.

ps i m a 76ers fan
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 12:27 PM   #523
jfmatthews
Rep
Drives: Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
LOL, bron can't deal with the monster he created. i mean the cavs are a super team out the ass.
Agreed.

Quote:
kyrie=steph
Wrong. Steph's real +/- was top three in the league. Kyrie didn't even make the top 40. He's not even in the top ten in point guards.

Also, notice how the Cav's tried to trap Steph in Game 5? KD's scoring was in the flow of the game (not his old iso days in OKC) because Curry's getting crazy attention. For a two-time MVP, two-time All-NBA 1st team PG, scoring title winner, and season leader in steals, Steph doesn't get the respect (or calls) he deserves.

Here's the head to head . . .

NBA Regular Season Stats

Stats Per Game

Points Per Game
Stephen Curry 22.8
Kyrie Irving 21.6

Rebounds Per Game
Stephen Curry 4.4
Kyrie Irving 3.4

Assists Per Game
Stephen Curry 6.8
Kyrie Irving 5.6

Steals Per Game
Stephen Curry 1.8
Kyrie Irving 1.3

Blocks Per Game
Stephen Curry 0.2
Kyrie Irving 0.3

Percentages

Field Goal Percentage
Stephen Curry .476
Kyrie Irving .457

3-Point Percentage
Stephen Curry .438
Kyrie Irving .383

Free Throw Percentage
Stephen Curry .901
Kyrie Irving .873

Best Season (no game minimum)
Points Per Game
Stephen Curry 30.1 (2016)
Kyrie Irving 25.2 (2017)

Rebounds Per Game
Stephen Curry 5.4 (2016)
Kyrie Irving 3.7 (2012)

Assists Per Game
Stephen Curry 8.5 (2014)
Kyrie Irving 6.1 (2014)

Steals Per Game
Stephen Curry 2.1 (2016)
Kyrie Irving 1.5 (2014)

Blocks Per Game
Stephen Curry 0.3 (2012)
Kyrie Irving 0.4 (2012)

NBA Playoffs Stats
Stats Per Game
Points Per Game
Stephen Curry 26.2
Kyrie Irving 23.9

Rebounds Per Game
Stephen Curry 5.1
Kyrie Irving 3.1

Assists Per Game
Stephen Curry 6.6
Kyrie Irving 4.7

Steals Per Game
Stephen Curry 1.7
Kyrie Irving 1.5

Blocks Per Game
Stephen Curry 0.2
Kyrie Irving 0.6
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #524
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

curry and irving are interchangeable. Curry is a better shooter yes, but irving has that killer instinct.
      06-16-2017, 04:54 PM   #525
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Tee View Post
only way lb can win now is wait til hes an FA and join GS. everyone else trying to rebuild to battle GS is a joke. All you can basically do is just stay lil close and hope one of their main players goes down with an injury and rockets or spurs (if cp3 signs) can over take and thats just a maybe. Lakers should build their youth with lonzo in hopes BI/zo/dlo can become something special.
this comment is a joke, there's at least 6-7 starters out there in the NBA that can join LeBron and legitimately beat GS.

You're are blinded by your bias towards GSW. They won 3-1, but series easily could have been 2-2 going into game 5.

Hell, if Kahwai wasn't hurt, who's to say GSW would have beaten the Spurs?
      06-16-2017, 04:56 PM   #526
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
curry and irving are interchangeable. Curry is a better shooter yes, but irving has that killer instinct.
2 different players and styles. Curry is the most accurate 3 point shooter in NBA history. Kyrie IMO is the best finisher (in his position) on dribble drive penetrations.

I can't say who I would take today. It has been shown that if Curry is the only star or one of the two stars on the team, then he can be shut down or limited in his effect. The 3 ball is great and all...but we all know what happened last year.

Ditto on Kyrie too, you can make his drives much difficult if you clog the lanes. But if he has you 1-1, you're dead meat.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 06-16-2017 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 04:58 PM   #527
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
LOL, bron can't deal with the monster he created. i mean the cavs are a super team out the ass. kyrie=steph interchangeable durant=lebron. but come on now you got kevin fuckin love. tristan thompson just as good as draymond. korver, shump, jr, dwilliams. fuckin joke warriors get blasted for superteam bs. cavs just cant play well enough together; the system is so well run.

ps i m a 76ers fan

no way, if you think Durant = Lebron, you haven't been watching basketball all year....or the last 3 years.

No one is = to LeBron. Not even close. No body.
      06-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #528
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
How can we make the NBA great again? Get rid of the salary cap.
what?! the cap is what makes teams like OKC and Wizards in the mix.

When you have a completely uncapped league, then you get essentially European soccer or the MLB and to a certain extent college football, where $$$ buys wins. How is that interesting or competitive? And if you live in a small market, you basically will NEVER win anything, and you're a farm system for the bigger teams, constantly selling your players (via trade in MLB).

These were the top MLB payrolls last year:
•Los Angeles Dodgers: $248,321,662.
•New York Yankees: $221,574,999.
•Boston Red Sox: $198,328,678.
•Detroit Tigers: $192,307,500.
•San Francisco Giants: $166,744,443.
•Chicago Cubs: $163,805,667.
•Los Angeles Angels: $160,986,190.
•Texas Rangers: $158,680,220.

every single team with the exception of the Angels were either in the playoffs or within 1 game or 2 from being in the playoffs. So why even bother being an A's fan or a Luton Town fan, or a UAB fan? BTW Angel's payroll is highly skewed by 1 player. If you take him out, the next team up is the Nationals.

Let's put it this way. NFL has great balance because of the salary caps and the draft system. Any given year, your mix of playoff teams are different. Seriously, who guessed that Panthers or Falcons would have made the super bowl those years?

Last edited by Flying Ace; 06-16-2017 at 05:30 PM..
Appreciate 0