Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 2017 Land Rover Discovery -- Thoughts?

01-23-2017, 10:09 PM   #23
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Hahah FCA products good one boys. I used to live down the street from their HQ and know a lot of Chrysler employees, they wouldn't know proper engineering and quality control if it hit them in the head. Crooked ass company like all the Big 3.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2017, 11:11 PM   #24
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

I'm waiting to trade in my 17 GC srt when I can see the new discovery in person. I like the extra towing capacity and the 7 seats. I'm sure it's going to be way better on fuel efficiency too.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2017, 07:25 AM   #25
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Hahah FCA products good one boys. I used to live down the street from their HQ and know a lot of Chrysler employees, they wouldn't know proper engineering and quality control if it hit them in the head. Crooked ass company like all the Big 3.
More crooked than VW?

All that engineering still doesn't translate to reliability. No car I've owned has ever left me stranded except my BMW (and at only 6k miles). No car I've owned has been to the dealership more than my BMW. No car I've owned has had more recalls than my BMW. Give me a break...

I used to shit all over American brands. This is the first I've ever owned and I struggle to find something negative to say about it.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 07:26 AM   #26
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
I'm waiting to trade in my 17 GC srt when I can see the new discovery in person. I like the extra towing capacity and the 7 seats. I'm sure it's going to be way better on fuel efficiency too.
Fuel efficiency is a concern yet you bought an SRT? Dude, come on...

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 12:16 PM   #27
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Fuel efficiency is a concern yet you bought an SRT? Dude, come on...
I know eh. I knew it was bad but I didn't know it was like top ten of everything bad. It'd be better if I could use some of that power once in a while but it's either my wife's grocery getter or our family hauler which never gets the chance. So as a daily, it's probably the worst decision I've ever made. I needed something to tow with and i got an awesome deal on it so yolo. At least the wife likes it.
Appreciate 0