Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Turn off speed limit info in HUD

12-26-2019, 01:55 AM   #1
emeer
Rep
Drives: 330e

Turn off speed limit info in HUD

Hi,

Im having some issues turning off the speed limit info in the Head up Display. This is shown in the bottom left part of the HUD and shows the current speed limit. I think this clutters the HUD and want to turn it off if possible.

I've tried various options via the settings -> screens - > HUD, but so far no luck in turning it off.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 04:27 AM   #2
aguycalleddb
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i XDrive

Garage List
I'm not sure it can be turned off, if it can the option will be in the driving assistance menu

G42 /// M240i Thundernight
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 07:55 AM   #3
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

But why? Does Norway not have radar speed traps? Does Norway not have police stopping speeders? Is it that annoying to have a notice in your field of vision of how much faster you are going than "allowed".

In Arizona, speeding is a civil offense but can be a criminal offense if it is more than 20 mph over the speed limit. On the other hand, with few exceptions, photo radar is set at 10 mph over the speed limit.

So it is nice to at least have a reminder of what is allowed.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 09:19 AM   #4
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

It is definitely in there somewhere. I turned mine off. The only annoying thing is that you have to choose to turn it off in both the HUD and gauge cluster. I wish they were independent so I could keep it on my gauge screen but not on the HUD.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 09:39 AM   #5
emeer
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
But why? Does Norway not have radar speed traps? Does Norway not have police stopping speeders? Is it that annoying to have a notice in your field of vision of how much faster you are going than "allowed".
Sure, but I haven't really experienced a need for it as I normally drive within limits and prefer the uncluttered look of the HUD without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
It is definitely in there somewhere. I turned mine off. The only annoying thing is that you have to choose to turn it off in both the HUD and gauge cluster. I wish they were independent so I could keep it on my gauge screen but not on the HUD.
Yeah, In my previous X2 I was able to tun it off in the HUD but kept in on in the gauge cluster, iiked this setup.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #6
aguycalleddb
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:

In Arizona, speeding is a civil offense but can be a criminal offense if it is more than 20 mph over the speed limit. On the other hand, with few exceptions, photo radar is set at 10 mph over the speed limit.

Shame the same isn't applied in the UK, 1mph over and your done

G42 /// M240i Thundernight
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 01:24 PM   #7
Benjamin_Nicholas
BEAST? ... How dare you.
Rep
Drives: BMW, Porsche

Quote:

He doesn't want it there.

It's not illegal to turn it off.

What's the problem otherwise?

It clutters the small screen. Some of us don't need or want additional digital babysitters in our vehicles.
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2020, 09:53 PM   #8
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
On my M340i, speed limit warning can be turned on and off under Settings, Driver Assistance, Driving, Speed Assistant, Speed Limit Exceeded.
On and Off Options as per pic
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 08:49 AM   #9
phillyd2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive

turning off the speed limit info in the Head up Display is different than turning of the speeding warning.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 01:59 AM   #10
mv777
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Has anyone been able to figure out how to disable the speed sign limit in the HUD?
Appreciate 0