Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics G21 rear dashcam location (Blackvue 900s-2ch)

12-27-2019, 05:48 AM   #1
simonbt
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus (G21)

G21 rear dashcam location (Blackvue 900s-2ch)

Hi all!

Does anyone have any thoughts on where to attach the rearview camera on a 2CH Blackvue setup?

Coming from my old X3 (F25) i had it on the bottom of the tailgate window, but with this car having the separately opening window that's not viable. Even at the top there's a large gap when the window is open that may make it difficult to keep the wires tidy?

Any ideas or experience? Considering sticking to the headlining in the back or onto the plastic hinge covers but not sure how that will work out.

(For those also doing this, I used a power magic pro and connected to fuse #29 for ACC (always on) and #59 for ACC (Ingition) and seems to be working really well. Fused are located under the drivers footwell (RHD car) and there's plenty of space to stash the cables and route up to the mirror)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 09:01 AM   #2
themur
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbt View Post
Hi all!

Does anyone have any thoughts on where to attach the rearview camera on a 2CH Blackvue setup?

Coming from my old X3 (F25) i had it on the bottom of the tailgate window, but with this car having the separately opening window that's not viable. Even at the top there's a large gap when the window is open that may make it difficult to keep the wires tidy?

Any ideas or experience? Considering sticking to the headlining in the back or onto the plastic hinge covers but not sure how that will work out.

(For those also doing this, I used a power magic pro and connected to fuse #29 for ACC (always on) and #59 for ACC (Ingition) and seems to be working really well. Fused are located under the drivers footwell (RHD car) and there's plenty of space to stash the cables and route up to the mirror)
I stuck my 900s rear cam to the plastic casing and it appears to capture the rear angles just fine from the few videos I've reviewed so far. As far as the electric hookup I'll let someone else chime in as I just use the power magic ez.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 09:07 AM   #3
themur
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
This is the angle covered from that placement:

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0