Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge MJ vs. Lebron/Kobe

02-19-2014, 07:54 PM   #155
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
These guys...

beat these guys... 9 times out of 10

doubt it.

Bron, Melo, Durant and Westbrook would run circles around Sir Charles, Bird (LOL), Mullin (LOL), Christian Laettner (LOL) and Magic.....

Tyson Chandler could muscle up with Ewing all day and poor ass John Stockton woule get lit by D-Will, Kobe or CP3 (pick your poison).

wouldn't even be fair....

only two people I'd take from that Dream Team would be Jordan and Robinson....and Stockton, but there's no way he's doing anything against these big motherfuckers in the league nowadays...CP3 would dominate his tits all over the floor.....
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 11:17 PM   #156
GotEM4
General
Rep
Drives: EM4

Yes, Kobe does have some MJ moves, BUT not all. MJ is still tops and will be for a very long time. Lebron would never play defense against Michael Jordan...He'll just do his famous trademark of "Lebroning" hollywood-act defense. Kobe is great, MJ is a legend!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 11:19 PM   #157
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaguigad View Post
Lebron would never play defense against Michael Jordan...He'll just do his famous trademark of "Lebroning" hollywood-act defense.
But but... according to Cheetos, Lebron is a monster. A physical specimen so big and strong he would simply plow over guys like Mutombo, and unathletic clowns like Hakeem, and David Robinson.

The Flopper King!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 11:23 PM   #158
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaguigad View Post
Yes, Kobe does have some MJ moves, BUT not all. MJ is still tops and will be for a very long time. Lebron would never play defense against Michael Jordan...He'll just do his famous trademark of "Lebroning" hollywood-act defense. Kobe is great, MJ is a legend!
Oh really? I guess he just magically become NBA defensive first team 5 times in a row.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 01:27 AM   #159
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Litos, no way man - Bird, Magic, Jordan vs. the clowns in the league today? Hahaha that's really funny
But you can't really compare - just looks at those shorts they work back then! Dwight Howard wouldn't be able to concentrate!
No, physicall everybody is different, built differently, play different styles.. you can't really compare across time eras.
But those old names are magical.. only time will tell who's that are playing now are as good, Kobe, Lebron, Durant are all guaranteed superstars but you can't match them up in the same way you can't compare Usain Bolt with Ben Johnson because everything about their eras is different. But like what would happen if you it was flipped and Bolt was competing against Carl Lewis and Ben Johnson was 19yrs old today? DOn't you think he could run 9.5s? haha I'd like to see that
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 08:44 AM   #160
GotEM4
General
Rep
Drives: EM4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Oh really? I guess he just magically become NBA defensive first team 5 times in a row.
He got them by flopping...See post by MediaArtist...You wouldn't see MJ do that all the time...Lebron is like getting away with a speeding ticket all the time!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 09:35 AM   #161
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

just because Bron flops doesn't mean he's not strong - he's a flopper, oh well.

did you see how hard Tyson Chandler hit him - he barely budged - he FLOPPED after the fact and went down, but it was a flop.

upon initial contact, Bron moved about 2" - and that's a 7'1" 250lb Tyson Chandler who is about 20-30lbs heavier than D. Robinson....
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #162
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Litos, no way man - Bird, Magic, Jordan vs. the clowns in the league today? Hahaha that's really funny
why - the players in this era are bigger, faster and stronger - even the players who get drafted in the 3rd and 4th round.

the elite players of this decade are FAR SUPERIOR ATHLETICALLY than any elite player in the 80's.....

Quote:
But those old names are magical..
they're magical because they were great players at the time where the NBA really started to come into it's own.

nobody gave 3 horse shits about the NBA in the 50's, 60's, 70's....

it wasn't until the legendary battles of Magic and Bird that put people in the seats and TV channels scrambling to get basketball on TV....

Quote:
you can't match them up in the same way you can't compare Usain Bolt with Ben Johnson because everything about their eras is different.
everything about the era is different, but there are 2 variables in sprinting: 1) how fast you are and 2) how much you train

that's it....

in basketball, the difference in the two eras is ASTOUNDING in the way teams play defense, how they run an offense, pick and rolls with some of the most gifted athletes the NBA has ever seen, etc.....

there are waaaaay more variables that have changed in the two eras in basketball, then a straight up sprint between two dudes....

Usain Bolt is the fastest human being ever. his genetics combined with his training is what made him what he is today.

in sprinting, you're racing against a clock - you're not competing against a team that is about to double team you every time you try to perform your duties.....

fast is fast - and Usain Bolt would CRUSH the bejeezuz out of Carl Lewis and Ben Johnson in a straight up race....
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #163
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
just because Bron flops doesn't mean he's not strong - he's a flopper, oh well.

did you see how hard Tyson Chandler hit him - he barely budged - he FLOPPED after the fact and went down, but it was a flop.

upon initial contact, Bron moved about 2" - and that's a 7'1" 250lb Tyson Chandler who is about 20-30lbs heavier than D. Robinson....
Did you also see 210 pound JR Smith NOT TOUCH Lebron, and yet Lebron nearly fell into the crowd? Or what about KG barely turn his waist and Lebron fall on the ground like he got kicked in the nuts?

Sorry Flopper King may be the #1 or #2 player in the league at THIS time, but he's super soft, and would have gotten destroyed by the real NBA.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #164
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But like what would happen if you it was flipped and Bolt was competing against Carl Lewis and Ben Johnson was 19yrs old today? DOn't you think he could run 9.5s? haha I'd like to see that
If they had the same knowledge of training, nutrition, building, and recovery that they have today? Hell yeah.

Carl Lewis was a MUCH better sprinting specimen than Tyson Gay ever was (longer stride, taller, etc), and guess what? 5'10 Tyson Gay has managed to mop the floor with Usain Bolt.

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 12:46 PM   #165
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Not here to fight...just a pic of Bron meeting Jordan when he was still in high school.
      02-20-2014, 01:01 PM   #166
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry Flopper King may be the #1 or #2 player in the league at THIS time, but he's super soft, and would have gotten destroyed by the real NBA.
he wouldn't have flopped in the 80's, because no one flopped in the 80's

he would have been the heaviest and strongest person in the NBA in the 80's....
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 01:03 PM   #167
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Not here to fight...just a pic of Bron meeting Jordan when he was still in high school.
Christ !!!!

look how much bigger he was in highschool than MJ !!!!

Bron has gained about 45lbs of muscle since then and has grown another inch or two..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #168
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
5'10 Tyson Gay has managed to mop the floor with Usain Bolt.
Usain Bolt wasn't even trying HAHAHA !!!!

he probably had just rolled out of bed about 20 minutes before that run

Tyson Gay will NEVER run a 9.5 - ever....he's never had it in him to be that fast, not even with drugs in his body....he couldn't even do it if you moved his block up two meters

and Carl Lewis, pppffffffttttttt !!!!!!!

Carl was the Jesse Owens of this era (an all around great athlete), but his fastest time was a 9.86 - Bolt could do that if you moved his block BACK 5 meters....

Usain will run a 9.49 in his career - watch.....
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 01:48 AM   #169
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

LOL Bron soft... He may flop from time to time and probably deserves an award of some sort for great acting but I wouldn't use soft to describe this man...

02-21-2014, 05:47 AM   #170
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Usain Bolt is the fastest human being ever. his genetics combined with his training is what made him what he is today.

in sprinting, you're racing against a clock - you're not competing against a team that is about to double team you every time you try to perform your duties.....

fast is fast - and Usain Bolt would CRUSH the bejeezuz out of Carl Lewis and Ben Johnson in a straight up race....
I think it would be much closer that you would expect, Ben Johnson IMO was THE sprinting specimen, who knows where he could have been in today's world?

Quote:
If they had the same knowledge of training, nutrition, building, and recovery that they have today? Hell yeah.

Carl Lewis was a MUCH better sprinting specimen than Tyson Gay ever was (longer stride, taller, etc), and guess what? 5'10 Tyson Gay has managed to mop the floor with Usain Bolt.

GAY-BOLT-JOHNSON would love to see that lineup

Gay does look like he is juiced in that video, Bolt is still sleeping
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 09:25 AM   #171
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gay does look like he is juiced in that video, Bolt is still sleeping
Bolt probably had eaten 2 bowls of Fruity Pebbles with WHOLE MILK about 10 minutes before that race HAHAHA !!!

and did ya'll see Bron last night - yeah, I know ya'll did

dude basically got punched in the face, and STILL was able to take two steps and posterize Ibaka.....

#hesamachineyall !!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #172
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Usain Bolt wasn't even trying HAHAHA !!!!

he probably had just rolled out of bed about 20 minutes before that run
Oh was Bolt not trying here either?

Or what about when old ass, 6'1 ,Justin Gaitlin beat Bolt in Rome?

I guess Bolt is sleeping or not depending on how you have to justify your ridiculous argument, rigth Cheetos?

Legendary guys like Carl Lewis, and Michael Johnson wouldn't have a chance at beating Bolt in the 100m or 200m if they were in their primes today with modern training, but guys like Gay and Gaitlin can with regularity? Ooooooook Cheetos.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #173
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

MJ would have kicked his ass more often than not in the 200, and no way Bolt could beat Ben Johnson in the 60 - ever!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #174
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Bolts fastest 200m time is only .1 of a second or about 1/4th of a stride faster than MJ's fastest 200m time. I have no doubt someone like MJ would be able to make that up in today's age.

Ben Johnson, I am not very high on, sorry. He's a cheater, and a fraud. Even in his comeback he couldn't help but dope.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #175
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh was Bolt not trying here either?

Or what about when old ass, 6'1 ,Justin Gaitlin beat Bolt in Rome?

I guess Bolt is sleeping or not depending on how you have to justify your ridiculous argument, rigth Cheetos?

Legendary guys like Carl Lewis, and Michael Johnson wouldn't have a chance at beating Bolt in the 100m or 200m if they were in their primes today with modern training, but guys like Gay and Gaitlin can with regularity? Ooooooook Cheetos.
1) nice video from 2007

2) Gatlin beat Bolt with a 9.94

I'm telling you, Bolt runs 9.7's and 9.6's even after eating pizzas and boning Jamaican hookers all week....

when it comes down to it, when it REALLY matters, Bolt is the best in the world - he is the fastest man ever recorded, period.

again, none of these idiots you've mentioned have ever come CLOSE to running the 9.56....not even close....NOT EVEN DOPED !!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #176
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Bolts fastest 200m time is only .1 of a second or about 1/4th of a stride faster than MJ's fastest 200m time. I have no doubt someone like MJ would be able to make that up in today's age.

Ben Johnson, I am not very high on, sorry. He's a cheater, and a fraud. Even in his comeback he couldn't help but dope.
There was this documentary or something, it showed Linford Christie who was caught a few yrs later, and also Carl Lewis of all people was also doping .. just the USAA didn't want to catch him.
Admitedly, Ben was the only one who looked like a rabid animal on the day. What a natural, pity he couldn't find a way to do it properly .. or not get caught, if you believe everyone dopes and its just if you're on the right side or not
Appreciate 0