Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge ***Official 2014 NFL Season***

01-12-2015, 08:26 AM   #595
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I guess I'm not watching the SB this year if both NE and Seattle make it. GB I will root for.
I think I'm out of the rest of the playoffs\SB. I don't really care about anyone in it now. Any of these upcoming games would just be nap time for me at this point. I think missing Katy Perry's HT show will be one of the best decisions I make all year. Maybe I'll flip it on Feb. 1 for the commercials...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #596
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
I was hoping it wasn't true but it once again, something was telling me Manning might go one and done again...
There were signs the last few weeks that something was wrong with Manning even though no one would admit it. Sadly, this is just more fodder for the critics to heap on Manning's legacy.

Now I'm hoping for a Packers-Colts Super Bowl... It'll be Cal (Rodgers) vs. Stanford (Luck).
      01-12-2015, 11:52 AM   #597
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Wooo weee!!!!

I knew extra Dallas haters would come scurrying out like annoying insects when the light is turned on. But dayumn!

Anywho...

Without question, that was one heckuva game. I'll get to that infamous call momentarily.

Two Heavyweights on BOTH sides of the ball and on the sidelines went at it, and the world was entertained. I can't and won't take nothing from Green Bay. They were very balanced and their O-Line held u surprisingly well. I felt it would come down to: Turnovers and Missed Opportunity. The turnovers weren't nearly as large of a factor as the latter. But by far, Coaching cost Dallas this game! Dallas made 2 crucial calls on 3rd and short: The first coming with Garrett calling a super ill advised Time Out. This without a doubt cost us a scoring drive! Instead of continuing the potent drive Dallas was making, he calls a time out which definitely caused that spot for the first down to be reviewed. That very call wiped out 3pts and possibly 7pts. Stupid plain and simple. Squarely on the coach.
Then the call to go deep to the "most potent receiver in the game": Dez Bryant. Who made an absolute BANANAS catch... YES a CATCH! No matter how the officials or haters try and spin it, this was indeed a catch. Ball secured in mid-air. Came down with both feet. 3 Steps. Came down on his elbow. That is DOWN in ANY circumstance in the game of Football! Now Dez being Dez, THEN attempted to stretch for the touchdown. THIS is where his body rolls, the ball comes up ever so slightly, and he recovers inside of the end zone.
I get the rules totally on maintaining possession, but Dez was DOWN prior to rolling and trying to extend for the score. No ifs, ands' or buts about it. And if ANY opposing team had made that exact same catch in that amazing fashion, with steps and elbow landing, I would regretfully say the same. Which leads me to that very call. Although gutsy, it was again, ill advised. Dallas has arguably the best O-Line in football with the leagues Best Running Back (and 2 other very capable) and the call should've been to run.
The ironic thing about this is that Dallas matches up FAR better against Seattle. Who I believe will defeat GB by at least 10. Sports is all about Match Ups.
GB has a solid receiving core and Dallas struggles in the secondary with only Scandrick as a solid corner. Carr is lame as fuk. Dallas coaching also did NOT capitalize on a very key thing in the first half: Rogers mobility. Or lack thereof. No practice for the guy so you Blitz his ass early on to force him to scramble and or get hit and banged up. At the least it gets in his head and forces him to use that calf. So coaching was front and center the reason for the loss. But I expected it to go down to the wire with the Best road team in football being Dallas and the best home team being GB. Rogers came out the second half looking like a different QB. And proceeded to hit his targets with too much ease.
But last night the greatest cornerback of all time: Deion Sanders on NFL Network put it best, "As former players and fans of the game, we hate to see any game decided by the referees. Maybe this will have to be revisited in the off season by the league. To me, that was a catch. I respect the rules and officiating of the league. But that was a catch.

But hey... For a team pegged to go 8-8 again or less with a purported even worse defense. Dallas deserves their huge props. And if you can't or refuse to give them their due, well... You already know.
      01-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #598
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Here's a pic after the catch and three steps and then when he goes to the ground but before he tries to extend and rolls into the end-zone:

01-12-2015, 12:00 PM   #599
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

I was only able to watch highlights of the Denver & Indy game since we were gone all evening. But what exactly happened with Peyton. I say several over shot throws. And what about Von Miller and Ware? They couldn't get to Luck?
I certainly did not expect that type of loss in Denver. I mean Dallas pummeled Indy!
But here again, it's all about Matchups.
This is why although I dislike Seattle, I respect them and their game. Rogers will have difficulty passing that many times against them. Looks like a Seattle vs Patriots SB shaping up.
      01-12-2015, 12:23 PM   #600
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I was only able to watch highlights of the Denver & Indy game since we were gone all evening. But what exactly happened with Peyton. I say several over shot throws. And what about Von Miller and Ware? They couldn't get to Luck?
I certainly did not expect that type of loss in Denver. I mean Dallas pummeled Indy!
But here again, it's all about Matchups.
This is why although I dislike Seattle, I respect them and their game. Rogers will have difficulty passing that many times against them. Looks like a Seattle vs Patriots SB shaping up.
Thomas couldn't catch a pass to save his life.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 12:29 PM   #601
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

@ TXSTYLE
GB fan through & through..... but i have to agree.
I about schit myself when that was turned over..
I had myself all set for a Rogers 2min drill.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #602
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
@ TXSTYLE
GB fan through & through..... but i have to agree.
I about schit myself when that was turned over..
I had myself all set for a Rogers 2min drill.
Good friend of mine from GB. He said the exact same. He was like, damn that was a catch for the ages. And couldn't believe it got over turned.

Dez will forever remember what could have been had he simply caught and landed instead of trying to go for it all. But that guy right there... Foking BEAST!!! Jerry needs to pay the guy his just deserves! He has earned the Top Spot as highest paid receiver in football.
      01-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #603
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Before you get all upset at me, I'm trolling on purpose. I just thought this pic was funny The loss had nothing to do with Romo, and he played much better than I expected as an Eagles fan. I was waiting for him to choke under pressure but he handled it.
Attached Images

01-12-2015, 02:43 PM   #604
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

The irony of your past and that pic is that Romo is statistically one of the best QBs and has been for a while.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 02:47 PM   #605
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
The irony of your past and that pic is that Romo is statistically one of the best QBs and has been for a while.
Ehh, nevermind. It was a joke. Maybe too soon it seems.

Last edited by Templar; 01-12-2015 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 03:54 PM   #606
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep
Drives: My girlfriends crazy!

The sad thing about the NFL is the refs and rules control the game now. Detroit got shafted last week and Dallas got shafted yesterday. I think Dez made the catch but got greedy going for the stretch to the end zone. He should have just secured the catch and first down on the two. Hand off to Murray and game over.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 04:17 PM   #607
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Rogers calf will need to be much better this week against seattle's D
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #608
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

If you hit your knee/elbow out of bounds, you are just as down, but you have to maintain the catch going to the ground. I'm a Vikings fan, so no skin in any games any more, but I called the bobble on the live view.

I hate it at least as much as how they put a freaking dress on everyone and you can't make a hit any more. The rules suck, but they are the rules. . .
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #609
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

John fox is out of Denver. Wtfffffff
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 06:45 PM   #610
killerhurtalot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Got 2 tickets to the championship game.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 07:54 PM   #611
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Huge shocker!
Why get rid of a coach who is able to go to playoff with Tebow?
We knew Manning had some kinda injury.
      01-12-2015, 11:47 PM   #612
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
It was expected. In the morning game show there were multiple reports that if Broncos lost to the Colts Fox would be out. I woke up this morning, checked NFL.com and didn't see anything. I waited and waited (pretty much expecting it) and the news broke in the afternoon.

The question now is: is Manning going to stay? If Gase leaveswould that influent his decision whether to go or stay?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 07:18 AM   #613
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Catch or no catch..... I though it should have been but .....Dallas was going to lose, Rodgers was going to go down the field and score again

The only question for New England is wheater to rest gronkowski or not... They are going to steam roll the colts, luck 2 ints
      01-13-2015, 08:51 AM   #614
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

"Hi, I'm post-season Manning, and I have cable"
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 01:51 PM   #615
SRB335
Enlisted Member
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
"Hi, I'm post-season Manning, and I have cable"
Lolol
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #616
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
It was expected. In the morning game show there were multiple reports that if Broncos lost to the Colts Fox would be out. I woke up this morning, checked NFL.com and didn't see anything. I waited and waited (pretty much expecting it) and the news broke in the afternoon.

The question now is: is Manning going to stay? If Gase leaveswould that influent his decision whether to go or stay?

i think they made an incorrect decision. denver has loads of talent, the players should play like it.

Indy is going to get rocked this weekend.

I was thinking today, imagine the story lines for the possible SB matches.

Brady Vs Wilson- "New school vs old school
Brady Vs Rogers- "A matchup everyone wants to see"
Luck vs Wilson- "Two youngins go at it
Luck vs Rogers- Actually this SB matchup sounds boring as shit.
Appreciate 0