Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications [Now Available] AWE Exhaust Suite for the G2X 330i/430i

09-22-2023, 04:26 PM   #45
CanonEOS
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i

UPDATE:

I replaced the exhaust tips with these I got from Advance Auto Parts!

Although these are quite long, I was able to push them in to my liking and cleared easily.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...007/12518895-P

Very easy to install, but you will need a 10mm ratcheting wrench and tighten the bolts evenly to align it, but I no longer have any rattle and still looks good!

Last edited by CanonEOS; 09-22-2023 at 04:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 11:52 AM   #46
Sara/AWE
Vendor
Rep
Drives: E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonEOS View Post
UPDATE:

I'm getting a bit of rattling when going over bumps and accelerating.

Initially the driver side exhaust tip was a bit high and lowered it a bit and helped with idle rattle and most, but there is still a bit.

The exhaust hangers have some play and squish a little bit, if they were stiffer they would likely keep them from moving.

The exhaust tips are large, they hit the bumper carrier support (at least that's what I think it is), and there are two solutions that I can think of:

1. Smaller tips that will aid in tip travel when going over bumps

2. Stiffer exhaust hangers that will help keep the exhaust tips from bouncing up and down.

Any advice? I love the exhaust otherwise and I get TONS of compliments at work and around town.
Any rattling points to an adjustment of the system, need to be sure that the system is sitting as intended. With slip fits there are a ton of adjustment so that will work in your favor. Any play in the hangars is by design and during that small amount of movement it should not come into contact with anything or an adjustment is necessary.

Additionally if your car is equipped with an extra metal shield at the rear that will need to be removed for proper operation.

Feel free to PM me a few photos of your area of concern and I am happy to assist!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 03:11 PM   #47
Josh/AWE
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Comp

Appreciate 0