Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Driving assistant pro - missing features

04-12-2024, 10:56 AM   #1
johnbraddoe
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 330d xdrive

Driving assistant pro - missing features

Hi everyone. I read many threads, but couldn’t find answers. I’ve got a new 330d (produced in the end of 2023, Czechia). It has driving assistant pro, parking plus, etc but I can’t enable auto lange change assist - this setting is simply missing. I also can’t order drive recorder from the connected drive store (not shown). All of these are not prohibited in the country and I checked them activated during test drive in other cars and confirmed with dealer. But when I now ask dealer to help, they don’t really know, and bmw genius is also feeding none sense to me. Any suggestions please?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 11:16 AM   #2
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: G21 LCI 330d Xdrive

Not really helpful, but: I drive the same car and I also have the options you mention, and also missing drive recorder and lane change. Never dug deeper, but for me the answer is - market dependant features. Same with Digital Key. You say these should be available in CZ, so I will be monitoring this thread if you can solve this
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2024, 11:30 AM   #3
chutoy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Garage List
When you’re in driver assistant/pro mode, have you tried gently nudging (not fully up or down) the stalk to signal a turn?
Also you can check your vehicle order (Bimmer.work) with your VIN to see if it has option 6DR.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-12-2024, 04:04 PM   #4
johnbraddoe
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Not really helpful, but: I drive the same car and I also have the options you mention, and also missing drive recorder and lane change. Never dug deeper, but for me the answer is - market dependant features. Same with Digital Key. You say these should be available in CZ, so I will be monitoring this thread if you can solve this
Digital key (card, phone and watch) works without issues. In others cars I tested, all options were available, that’s why I don’t believe anymore in market restrictions. The only clear market resection is a traffic light detection and car says about it. The rest is questionable. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 04:23 PM   #5
johnbraddoe
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutoy View Post
When you’re in driver assistant/pro mode, have you tried gently nudging (not fully up or down) the stalk to signal a turn?
Also you can check your vehicle order (Bimmer.work) with your VIN to see if it has option 6DR.

Yep, tried today again, didn’t work while DAP on. Also that specific setting is not shown under assisted driving setting. Interesting fact I saw that option active in other models when tested (with DAP).

6DR is not there, but prerequisite to buy it as a subscription is there: 6AE and 5DN.
Appreciate 1
zlatko131.00
      04-12-2024, 05:13 PM   #6
chutoy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Garage List
Another route you can try is using bimmercode which is elsewhere in forums..
LCA

The 3 codes to be changed are:
HU_NBT or HU_MGU:
Spurwechselassistent - Change this to Aktiv

SAS Module:
C_SWA_Vorhanden - Change this to True
C_SWA_Land_Aktiv - You will have to edit the Werte values to "FF, FF, FF, FF" This is the item that blocks it from working in certain regions.
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2024, 09:35 PM   #7
panki_86
Private First Class
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbraddoe View Post
Hi everyone. I read many threads, but couldn’t find answers. I’ve got a new 330d (produced in the end of 2023, Czechia). It has driving assistant pro, parking plus, etc but I can’t enable auto lange change assist - this setting is simply missing. I also can’t order drive recorder from the connected drive store (not shown). All of these are not prohibited in the country and I checked them activated during test drive in other cars and confirmed with dealer. But when I now ask dealer to help, they don’t really know, and bmw genius is also feeding none sense to me. Any suggestions please?
I also didn't have some option available on my 2020 M340i. I coded with eSys lane change assist, SLA and traffic lights. Traffic lights are not fully supported in my country. On some traffic light my car stops automatically on red and start on green, on some i need to press SET, some are not recognized. In every map update more traffic lights are working correctly.
SLA and lane change assist are working good.
I changed some of speed limits for my country in Here map editor and in next BMW map update i get those changes in the car.
I don't use Slovenian Connected Drive, i am registered in Germany.
So i had option Drive recorder and i bought it 3 years ago
Also with German CD account i can use Spotify (BMW Connected Music) and Remote 3D view.

You can register on CD Germany, but with different e-mail.
Appreciate 2
      04-12-2024, 11:55 PM   #8
johnbraddoe
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by panki_86 View Post
I also didn't have some option available on my 2020 M340i. I coded with eSys lane change assist, SLA and traffic lights. Traffic lights are not fully supported in my country. On some traffic light my car stops automatically on red and start on green, on some i need to press SET, some are not recognized. In every map update more traffic lights are working correctly.
SLA and lane change assist are working good.
I changed some of speed limits for my country in Here map editor and in next BMW map update i get those changes in the car.
I don't use Slovenian Connected Drive, i am registered in Germany.
So i had option Drive recorder and i bought it 3 years ago
Also with German CD account i can use Spotify (BMW Connected Music) and Remote 3D view.

You can register on CD Germany, but with different e-mail.
Interesting, going to try German CD. Spotify actually appeared to me by default. So I can listen to it without the need to CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 12:55 AM   #9
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep

panki_86 - that is interesting idea, registering in different market. I thought features are tied to car region(e.g. which dealer ordered it). I will wait for johnbraddoe result and if positive will do it myself. I am mostly interested in DK and DR, other features are not the important.

EDIT: Actually there is option to change your country/region within the app itself, you just have to log out off all your vehicles.I guess this will as well change dealer communication, service points, etc.
EDIT2: As expected is not that simple - for DR 3D you have to be physically in a region where it is permitted. Also you probably have to mess with region setup via Bimmercode. You can check this thread: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1779281

Last edited by zlatko; 04-13-2024 at 01:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2024, 04:27 AM   #10
panki_86
Private First Class
Slovenia
Rep

Yes. I am registered on German CD 3 years now. Some options are region based. For exemple Remote 3D View is not available when i have may car in Slovenia and Austria, but is working fine in Italy, Serbia, Macedonia... If i use Slovenian CD i don't have that option in myBMW app.
For Spotify you don't even need to have your phone with you. Spotify uses BMW data plan from in-car integrated SIM card But you need to have Connected package option (first 3 years is free, than you need to buy Booster package).
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2024, 01:22 PM   #11
m440i804
Rep
Drives: m440i

Quote:
Yep, tried today again, didn’t work while DAP on. Also that specific setting is not shown under assisted driving setting. Interesting fact I saw that option active in other models when tested (with DAP).

6DR is not there, but prerequisite to buy it as a subscription is there: 6AE and 5DN.
Do you have seatbelt on when tryingbthe lane change?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 02:13 PM   #12
johnbraddoe
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m440i804 View Post
Of course, always have seatbelt fastened.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 05:31 AM   #13
johnbraddoe
No_Country
Rep

I tried adding German Connected Drive, but it requires contacting customer support due to country mismatch. So not an option.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
zlatko131.00
      04-18-2024, 06:14 AM   #14
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep

johnbraddoe - so that is a no go...why are the customers made to jump through so many hoops? I understand(but still don't like!) that services are subject to local laws, but why isn't that clearly stated? It took me hours of research to understand that there is no Digital key for Samsung devices in my country. It is written in a such a convoluted way on BMW website, like they are trying to hide and gloss the fact.
I also wonder if I have paid drive recorder when ordering? What then? Probably the excuse will be - "You can use it, just not in your country of residence"
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2024, 06:30 AM   #15
panki_86
Private First Class
Slovenia
Rep

Quote:
I tried adding German Connected Drive, but it requires contacting customer support due to country mismatch. So not an option.
Don't try to connect with your existing BMW ID. Make new account with other e-mail on German CD site.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 08:22 AM   #16
johnbraddoe
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by panki_86 View Post
Don't try to connect with your existing BMW ID. Make new account with other e-mail on German CD site.
I created brand new account via German bwm site, new email, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 08:24 AM   #17
johnbraddoe
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
johnbraddoe - so that is a no go...why are the customers made to jump through so many hoops? I understand(but still don't like!) that services are subject to local laws, but why isn't that clearly stated? It took me hours of research to understand that there is no Digital key for Samsung devices in my country. It is written in a such a convoluted way on BMW website, like they are trying to hide and gloss the fact.
I also wonder if I have paid drive recorder when ordering? What then? Probably the excuse will be - "You can use it, just not in your country of residence"
Exactly, if it’s clearly state what is available, no questions. By in my case I was told it should be, and in showroom cars those options available 😀. Anyway, thanks for following my thread. I’ll post if I find out anything else.
Appreciate 1
zlatko131.00
      04-18-2024, 09:16 AM   #18
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

Quote:
This is a weird question. Do you not drive with your seat belt on at all times? Lane Change is only possible at certain highway speeds.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2024, 09:17 AM   #19
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep

johnbraddoe - I clearly remember DR being an option my sales assistant asking if I want to add and there was price associated with it. I left it unchecked, but then I read that a subscription can be purchased via Connected drive services. I have the Parking assistant plus(or PRO) which gives you the 360 view which is prerequisite for DR. But MyBMW app states that I have all the services possible for my car activated and nothing to upgrade/purchase
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2024, 02:56 PM   #20
johnbraddoe
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
johnbraddoe - I clearly remember DR being an option my sales assistant asking if I want to add and there was price associated with it. I left it unchecked, but then I read that a subscription can be purchased via Connected drive services. I have the Parking assistant plus(or PRO) which gives you the 360 view which is prerequisite for DR. But MyBMW app states that I have all the services possible for my car activated and nothing to upgrade/purchase
The same story. Early in April I received traffic camera upgrade offer in the connected drive 20 Eur/year. Tried trial, not much useful given navigation/waze has it already.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 07:51 AM   #21
m440i804
Rep
Drives: m440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzau View Post
This is a weird question. Do you not drive with your seat belt on at all times? Lane Change is only possible at certain highway speeds.
I viewed another thread somewhere that someone was complaining about the feature not working, and ultimately it was discovered that the poster was not wearing seatbelt, so feature wasn’t working.

I think that people should be able to do what they want as far as seatbelts are concerned.
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2024, 08:34 AM   #22
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

Quote:
I think that people should be able to do what they want as far as seatbelts are concerned.
Of course you're absolutely free to do what you like; but the mantra around here ought to be safety first and on this forum we should — at the very least — encourage safe driving.

As to the other thread you are referring to, it won't be relevant here: OP had clearly stated that they are missing some options for this feature for their VIN and that CD purchase is required; so the question of seatbelt is a moot point.
Appreciate 2