Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Audiotec Fischer release an amp / harness for iDrive7

04-19-2021, 02:44 AM   #111
helmet91
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i X-Drive M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETan View Post
Hi Calamari, first of all to prevent misunderstanding. I had ordered the Match Up 7BMW, but after trying to install into my car I discovered I have the HIFI RAM, which is not compatible with the 7BMW. After contacting the distributor/reseller in the Netherlands, they changed the 7BMW with the 7DSP including the MEC-Analog. I also received the PP-BMW 1.7RAM harness.
@ETan

It looks like ACR Helmond sells everything as a package now? It mentions the MEC in the list, but nothing about the 1.7RAM.

https://www.acr-helmond.nl/shop/car-...h-up-7bmw-ram/

Quote:
The latest models BMW (from 2019) are often equipped with a combined radio and amplifier unit, the so-called "Radio Amplifier Module" (RAM). This can be recognized by several colored Fakra connections that plug into the amplifier module. This requires an additional power cable to be pulled from the amplifier to the battery, which is included in this package. This Match amplifier is designed for these models with RAM module in the back of the car.
Am I missing anything? I guess I should call/message them, but my Dutch ability is pretty much non-existent.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 07:35 PM   #112
PKells
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmet91 View Post
@ETan

It looks like ACR Helmond sells everything as a package now? It mentions the MEC in the list, but nothing about the 1.7RAM.

https://www.acr-helmond.nl/shop/car-...h-up-7bmw-ram/

Am I missing anything? I guess I should call/message them, but my Dutch ability is pretty much non-existent.
I ordered the Match Up7 system for my 2020 330i from CarTunes in the US and sice installed the DSP and all new speakers myself. Is a bit pricey but so much better quality than the HiFi system my car came with.

Here is a breakdown of what I got:

- MATCH UP 7BMW Amp/DSP
- MATCH PP-BMW 1.7RAM
- MATCH MEC ANALOG IN - UP 7BMW / UP 7DSP
- MATCH MS 42C-BMW.1
- MS 4X-BMW.2
- MATCH UP W8BMW-S
Appreciate 1
Calamari208.50
      05-26-2021, 10:30 AM   #113
makkhiato
Rep
Drives: BMW G22 M440i

Does anybody know if there's a reason the PP-BMW 1.7RAM Harness wouldn't work with a G22 2021 M440i with a HiFi system?

On the AF "upgrade finder", that particular combination has a "not compatible" indicator, which is why I've held off on getting an amp for my car.

But the more I think about it, I don't even see the Match UP 7DSP in the upgrade finder if I enter the models you all are clearly installing them on… so I'm wondering if I shouldn't treat that as my source of truth.

Apologies, I'm super new at all of this stuff so I have no idea what I'm doing.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 11:36 AM   #114
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G21 330d, 2008 E87 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkhiato View Post
Does anybody know if there's a reason the PP-BMW 1.7RAM Harness wouldn't work with a G22 2021 M440i with a HiFi system?

On the AF "upgrade finder", that particular combination has a "not compatible" indicator, which is why I've held off on getting an amp for my car.

But the more I think about it, I don't even see the Match UP 7DSP in the upgrade finder if I enter the models you all are clearly installing them on… so I'm wondering if I shouldn't treat that as my source of truth.

G22 *should* share the entire audio system with G20s. There is absolutely no reason that G20 HiFi amp setup wouldn't work on a G22 with Hifi amp.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2021, 01:35 PM   #115
makkhiato
Rep
Drives: BMW G22 M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
Quote:

G22 *should* share the entire audio system with G20s. There is absolutely no reason that G20 HiFi amp setup wouldn't work on a G22 with Hifi amp.
Thanks!

Ordered a 7DSP set with the relevant components. Will take it to an installer and update this post with how it goes.

Last question, are you able to use the PC tool once the amp has already been installed? Or does the PC need to be connected to the amp during the installation process? Wondering if it will require opening everything back up to tweak the tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 03:14 PM   #116
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20, G01

Quote:
Thanks!

Ordered a 7DSP set with the relevant components. Will take it to an installer and update this post with how it goes.

Last question, are you able to use the PC tool once the amp has already been installed? Or does the PC need to be connected to the amp during the installation process? Wondering if it will require opening everything back up to tweak the tune.
1) it’s a pretty easy install if you are so inclined
2) just run the USB cable wire into the trunk. I just went through the opening in the left cubby and have my usb cable sitting there. You can then program it when it’s fully installed, or tune whenever you want.
Appreciate 2
      05-27-2021, 04:28 AM   #117
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumodoc View Post
1) it’s a pretty easy install if you are so inclined
2) just run the USB cable wire into the trunk. I just went through the opening in the left cubby and have my usb cable sitting there. You can then program it when it’s fully installed, or tune whenever you want.

The same with me. I've left the USB cable in the left cubby. Althrough I adjusted everything in 2 rounds last year when I installed the amp and haven't touched it since.

BTW, Just went on a long trip the other day after a looong period of short drives (due to Covid). I must say that I was so happy to crank it up and enjoy the music for hours. This upgrade is worth every penny. All the details, the precision, kick of the bass and drums, warmth of the guitars. It's just on a different level compared to both HiFi and Harman Kardon. P.S. My Setup is Match UP amp, all Eaton mids/tweeters and Focal under-seat woofers.

Last edited by Calamari; 05-28-2021 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 1
pneumodoc233.00
      05-27-2021, 09:24 PM   #118
AustraliaG20
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330i. 2015 F15 M50D.

Another with the hanging USB, but it is pretty set and forget once it done.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 10:40 AM   #119
RO-CK
Private
Rep
Drives: G07 / G20 / F22

Another successful install!

Hello guys,

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing all of this with the community, I was one of the early buyers of the MATCH UP 7BMW for a 2019 X5 G05 that in the time Audiotec Fischer had it listed as compatible before they identified that the RAM module could not be removed...

Long has passed since then, the family grew so we changed from X5 to X7, and it has a pretty decent audio, so I just installed Audison speakers all around, including underseat subwoofers and left it there.

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to purchase a Demo 2020 G20, so after reading this thread I tried installing my UP 7BMW in the car and.... what do you know? It's a plug and play solution!

What I'm thinking is that the G20 3 series, and the G01 X3 came before iDrive 7 and RAM module implementation, so, the year of production shouldn't be determining factor for the RAM module, I think is the presence of iDrive 6 vs iDrive 7..

If you have iDrive 6 like I do, then, in theory you shouldn't need to buy the MEC module and extra harness, and you should be fine with the UP 7BMW.

And if you have iDrive 7, then you should go with the Match UP 7DSP + MEC + Extra harness to work with RAM module.

Maybe the ones that didn't have the RAM module can confirm that they are indeed on iDrive 6, like me.

I'm really happy, I installed it yesterday and it's a day and night difference, especially after Calamari's DSP Setup file + some tweaks of my own, as I installed a trunk subwoofer as well.. I honestly think that is totally unnecessary with the right underseat subwoofer and configuration.

Cheers

Last edited by RO-CK; 06-13-2021 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 11:50 AM   #120
PKells
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmet91 View Post
Next dumb question from helmet91:

Where in the trunk does a person find the RAM? I have an access panel on the right that has the fuse box. And there's the battery under the floor. I don't see anything else that's obvious.

My build sheet says I have:
645 Radio Control US
65A CD Player Prep (where the hell is that located??)
676 Hi-fi sound system

So, judging by post #20, I should have the RAM... but where?

For what it's worth, Bimmercode lets me turn off ASD in the RAM.

Thanks again!
I have done the install and it is pretty easy if you have any experience at all with car mods.

You will only need to buy wire for the UP7 DSP/AMP to power it off the battery. The positive/negative wire is not included so don't want till everything is pulled apart to realize it....like I did!

As you've seen in this thread you'll need to download the proper "tune" from manufacturer website for the DSP.

If you'll add an aftermarket secondary amp/sub also minor tweaking of the DSP program is necessary, but again not difficult.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 11:10 AM   #121
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO-CK View Post

Maybe the ones that didn't have the RAM module can confirm that they are indeed on iDrive 6, like me.

I'm really happy, I installed it yesterday and it's a day and night difference, especially after Calamari's DSP Setup file + some tweaks of my own, as I installed a trunk subwoofer as well.. I honestly think that is totally unnecessary with the right underseat subwoofer and configuration.

Cheers
Exactly. I have iDrive 6, and my Audiotec Fischer AMP is plug and play compatible with the HiFi system as there is no RAM unit in my car. Just plain old analog amp that is found in late models of F30 and early models of G01 X3.

I'm glad to hear you found my DSP setup file useful. It's great to share with people in all corners of the globe.

Did you upgrade your speakers in the G20 or you're running factory speakers?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 07:40 PM   #122
copene
Rep
Drives: BMX 2020 X3

Hey guys I have a Match up 7 DSP with Mec analog in and I was wondering, do any of you know what the "info" LED is for? Mine is always orange. I know the status LED is orange because I have DSP file 2 loaded but I've searched everywhere and I can't find what the info LED is for. It doesn't even show up in the manual or on any pictures of the unit online. I think it's only on the Match Up 7 DSP with MEC analog in that are factory installed.

Anybody know?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 10:08 AM   #123
RO-CK
Private
Rep
Drives: G07 / G20 / F22

Quote:
Exactly. I have iDrive 6, and my Audiotec Fischer AMP is plug and play compatible with the HiFi system as there is no RAM unit in my car. Just plain old analog amp that is found in late models of F30 and early models of G01 X3.

I'm glad to hear you found my DSP setup file useful. It's great to share with people in all corners of the globe.

Did you upgrade your speakers in the G20 or you're running factory speakers?
Thanks for confirming...

I have installed Focal K2 Power in the front, and Focal Integration IFBMW-S in the back.

I also added 2 8" JL Audio subwoofers in the trunk.

I'm still tweaking the equalizer part of the Audiotec to find my sweet spot for listening.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 07:45 AM   #124
cygbmw
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d

So, basically you have the RAM module if there are other cables beside the harness, and the "normal" amp if you have only one harness?

I'm asking because I have a 2020 F40 (I know, wrong forum), and this topic is the only source of information about this amp installation.
My car hasn't the maps, and my amp has just the harness. It looks like the G20 amp that you can see in a post in this topic (https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=30), there the user claimed he had no maps. So, if that is true, there are still some 2020 F40 with iDrive 6 / no Ram where the MatchUp 7BMW can be used.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 10:54 AM   #125
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygbmw View Post
So, basically you have the RAM module if there are other cables beside the harness, and the "normal" amp if you have only one harness?

I'm asking because I have a 2020 F40 (I know, wrong forum), and this topic is the only source of information about this amp installation.
My car hasn't the maps, and my amp has just the harness. It looks like the G20 amp that you can see in a post in this topic (https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=30), there the user claimed he had no maps. So, if that is true, there are still some 2020 F40 with iDrive 6 / no Ram where the MatchUp 7BMW can be used.
You are correct. That's my amp on the picture. It's been taken out and replaced with a plug and play Match 7BMW amp. Working like a charm for a year or so now.

If you have HiFi audio (not Harman Kardon) system, just go ahead and swap the HiFi amp with MatchUp 7BMW. There is no RAM in your car.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 01:04 PM   #126
cygbmw
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d

Thumbs up

Quote:
You are correct. That's my amp on the picture. It's been taken out and replaced with a plug and play Match 7BMW amp. Working like a charm for a year or so now.

If you have HiFi audio (not Harman Kardon) system, just go ahead and swap the HiFi amp with MatchUp 7BMW. There is no RAM in your car.
Thanks! That is what I figured out as well, I just wanted some confirmation. Yes, I have the HiFi audio option. At the showroom I tried the basic one and it sounded awful, and also I tried the harman kardon but it costs too much (900 € plus iDrive 7) and it doesn't deliver that much IMHO. HiFi audio sounds decent after some basic equalization from the head unit (at neutral eq there are too many mids, I just have upped the highs 2 or 3 steps).

Audiotech Fisher website doesn't help with this distinction, for them every F40 model after 2019/?? has RAM, so they list the Matchup 7DSP as the only compatible. What bothers me is that in my car the battery is in the front, so installation is VERY different. I

Guess I will pull the trigger very soon
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 02:40 AM   #127
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygbmw View Post
Thanks! That is what I figured out as well, I just wanted some confirmation. Yes, I have the HiFi audio option. At the showroom I tried the basic one and it sounded awful, and also I tried the harman kardon but it costs too much (900 € plus iDrive 7) and it doesn't deliver that much IMHO. HiFi audio sounds decent after some basic equalization from the head unit (at neutral eq there are too many mids, I just have upped the highs 2 or 3 steps).

Audiotech Fisher website doesn't help with this distinction, for them every F40 model after 2019/?? has RAM, so they list the Matchup 7DSP as the only compatible. What bothers me is that in my car the battery is in the front, so installation is VERY different. I

Guess I will pull the trigger very soon
Glad to help.

MatchUp 7BMW amp gets power from the connector harness. It doesn't need power directly from the battery. So, no worries there.

When I tried all audio systems, I had exactly the same thinking. HiFi was best value for money. Basic system was unacceptable. HK was too expensive for how it sounds.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 02:40 AM   #128
aLieN911
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Sport

Greetings! I'm from Malaysia and I have a BMW 320i Sport (G20) with iDrive 6 and basic sound system (6-speaker) with no AMP or RAM modules in the trunk. I was made to understand that the headunit (NBT-EVO) drives all 6 speakers (4 mids, 2 subwoofers) directly.

Question: Which MATCH amplifier (UP 7BMW, UP 7DSP, etc.) and cable harness is compatible for my vehicle? Audiotec Fischer website listed cable harness "PP-BMW 1.7RAM" to be compatible with G20, however, description states that it's for BMW with RAM module.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 09:38 AM   #129
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLieN911 View Post
Greetings! I'm from Malaysia and I have a BMW 320i Sport (G20) with iDrive 6 and basic sound system (6-speaker) with no AMP or RAM modules in the trunk. I was made to understand that the headunit (NBT-EVO) drives all 6 speakers (4 mids, 2 subwoofers) directly.

Question: Which MATCH amplifier (UP 7BMW, UP 7DSP, etc.) and cable harness is compatible for my vehicle? Audiotec Fischer website listed cable harness "PP-BMW 1.7RAM" to be compatible with G20, however, description states that it's for BMW with RAM module.
The OEM HU in the G20 is either HU High 3, Basic with GPS2 or Basic Media2, not NBT EVO.

There is no UP-7BMW harness yet for either of those G20 OEM HU, only for the RAM.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 10:32 PM   #130
rockdahousedj
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Wrong harness?

Been following the thread for months and finally got the Match 7DSP along with the associated cable for the RAM. But my excitement died when the harness would not fit into the RAM side. Not sure what is going on except maybe my version of 2019 X5 (built in 12/18) has a different RAM unit that makes the entire solution useless. Anyone seen this before? I believe I have the HK audio version.

Appreciate the feedback and ideas.

Best.

S.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 12:17 AM   #131
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20, G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdahousedj View Post
Been following the thread for months and finally got the Match 7DSP along with the associated cable for the RAM. But my excitement died when the harness would not fit into the RAM side. Not sure what is going on except maybe my version of 2019 X5 (built in 12/18) has a different RAM unit that makes the entire solution useless. Anyone seen this before? I believe I have the HK audio version.

Appreciate the feedback and ideas.

Best.

S.
I believe that this harness is only for the non HK (I.e. HiFi 676) system. At least that is true for the G20, suspect it’s the same for other HiFi 676 systems with I drive 7.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 09:29 AM   #132
rockdahousedj
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Appreciate the response. Any ideas where that leaves me? Feed the Match 7DSP amp directly to speaker lines? Ugh...
Appreciate 0