Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Digital Keys and Driver Profiles Trouble

06-01-2022, 11:08 PM   #1
thanatosbruce000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Digital Keys and Driver Profiles Trouble

Cross-posting this for wider audience hopefully that is allowed. I am doing this on an m240i but I figure the process is the same across models.

So I have setup my digital main key via my iPhone, I also had the key sent to my Apple Watch when prompted.
After setting up the digital key, I went to my Drive Profile and added the phone key to the Driver Profile recognition.
I can now tap my iPhone on the door handle to unlock and place it on the pad to start, additionally when I do this it selects my Driver Profile. All great right?

The trouble begins if I use my Apple Watch to unlock the door and then place my iPhone on the pad to start all of which works fine. Unfortunately, this sequence does not select my Driver Profile which I must do manually.
It's a small thing sure but still, seems like it should work.

Is this somehow related to the limitation of only being able to associate one Digital Key under Driver Profile recognition with the watch and phone being separate keys? I would have thought the watch and phone keys would be virtually a single key. Besides, after unlocking with the watch I do go on to place the phone on the pad which I would expect to trigger the associated Driver Profile.

That was a bit of a ramble but does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 04:31 PM   #2
EngineCo345
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23’ M430 Coupe

I am having similar issues with my wife's car. We wound up deleting everything and starting over. We are still having issues where the seats don't always move to the proper driver setting
Appreciate 0