Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Morel HiFi update (really) completed now

02-01-2024, 04:56 PM   #1
goldenrichard
Rep
Drives: BMW m340i xDrive

Morel HiFi update (really) completed now

I have a 2023 m340i xDrive and I've described some of my upgrades to the HiFi system in other thread, but it's it's finally (completely) finished. I was waiting for and finally received my sealed stealth sub enclosure and installed a 10" Morel Ultimo sub powered by a JL Audio HD 1200/1. The Ultimo soaks up 1200 watts like a sponge and sounds like a dream.

All that remains in the original system is the head unit and now the system as a whole consists of a (Bimmertech) 8DSP with the HD 1200/1 connected through the 8DSP's line out and the following speakers, all Morel:

Front: IR-BMW42
Center: IR-BMW42-CTR
Rear: IR-BMW4INT
Under seat: 2 x IP-BMWSUB82
10" Ultimo Titanium

I'm shocked at how well the BMW resists turning into a giant farting raspberry with no Dynamat, considering the bass levels that are possible. All I had to do to tame things was load silicon earplug material behind the license plate holder, which was going ballistic when the Morel was cranked up.

I'm not writing because I own stock in Morel (I do not) nor to brag about the rather serious outlay of cash that this took (worth it to me, as I spend a ton of time in my car and have high audio standards). Specifically, it's because while I have installed car audio in every car I've ever owned, this is the most outstanding system I've ever had. It sounds simply amazing and people that have heard it have drooled on the seats in disbelief. I can't recommend this equipment more highly.

--G
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2024, 12:42 PM   #2
I800C0LLECT
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

That ultimo subwoofer is pretty amazing. Wish I could listen
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 09:13 PM   #3
kevinboonebiz
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series (G20)

Any pictures of the install?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 09:10 AM   #4
deathmetal666
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Deleted
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 09:12 AM   #5
deathmetal666
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

I have the same morel components in my X3. They sound fanstastic. The underseat morel woofer ares great. I have a match10up DSP amp tuned by Nick Apicella. His tuning made a huge difference.

The only missing piece for me now the the sub. I tried an Ultimo SC in my previous car, but it didn’t have enough output. Switched to an Audiofrog GB10 with the same sub amp and the bass was awesome.

I’m curious to try the Ultimo Titanium next. How’s the output? Can you easily pressurize the cabin without sounding boomy?
I know the tune matters, but starting with a non boomy sub to begin with will make things easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenrichard View Post
I have a 2023 m340i xDrive and I've described some of my upgrades to the HiFi system in other thread, but it's it's finally (completely) finished. I was waiting for and finally received my sealed stealth sub enclosure and installed a 10" Morel Ultimo sub powered by a JL Audio HD 1200/1. The Ultimo soaks up 1200 watts like a sponge and sounds like a dream.

All that remains in the original system is the head unit and now the system as a whole consists of a (Bimmertech) 8DSP with the HD 1200/1 connected through the 8DSP's line out and the following speakers, all Morel:

Front: IR-BMW42
Center: IR-BMW42-CTR
Rear: IR-BMW4INT
Under seat: 2 x IP-BMWSUB82
10" Ultimo Titanium

I'm shocked at how well the BMW resists turning into a giant farting raspberry with no Dynamat, considering the bass levels that are possible. All I had to do to tame things was load silicon earplug material behind the license plate holder, which was going ballistic when the Morel was cranked up.

I'm not writing because I own stock in Morel (I do not) nor to brag about the rather serious outlay of cash that this took (worth it to me, as I spend a ton of time in my car and have high audio standards). Specifically, it's because while I have installed car audio in every car I've ever owned, this is the most outstanding system I've ever had. It sounds simply amazing and people that have heard it have drooled on the seats in disbelief. I can't recommend this equipment more highly.

--G
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 06:36 AM   #6
CaleCro
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 ///M340i xDrive

Garage List
I'm in process of installing custom SQ setup...and in my opinion i don't fully agree with your statement regarding vibrations, ok its not bad as other cars, its above average but...Complete back of the car is rattling and i need to add dampening material...

Here is video which i recorded with S676 Hi fi system prior installation of next setup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8iCRyeRALE

In trunk is going ULTIMO 124 sub, so need to prepare everything well for this cute baby...

Are you really satisfied with under seat Morels
Appreciate 0