BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions G20 REMA communication fault

03-13-2024, 03:12 PM   #1
almar
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Question G20 REMA communication fault

Hello,

I bought a G20 at an auction in the US, after I finished all the repairs I was left with three errors, two of which are REMA that I can't get rid of:
C94D01 - REMAFA: Communication fault
C94D02 - REMABF: Communication fault

In addition to the two errors, I also have an error on the 12V 030DA7 Lithium Ion Battery: Functional Safety, I don't think it has an impact on the REMA ones, but I thought I'd mention it.

The belts were sent and redone in Poland, the people there told me that they didn't change anything at REMA, they just replaced the two pyrotechnic staples.

The electrical connector from the belts is OK, I measured the plugs and I did not manage to identify a problem. The connector has 5 wires, 2 of them are local CAN from REMA to ACSM, these wires lead from the REMA computer and go to ACSM, there are 2 for each belt. I measured between the right side and the left side and they have electrical continuity, even if they go through ACSM.

I also bought another F series REMA belt (stamped with G2 not G3 like the ones on the car), I connected it to the car and the Communication Fault error still does not disappear.

At the moment I don't know if the problem is really with the belts and can be solved by replacing them with new ones (they are quite expensive) or if it is a problem with the communication between the ACSM and the belts.

Does anyone know if these belts should have an end resistance of CAN? or a way to test standalone if the REMA computers on the belts are still good?
After they are triggered, does something burn in the computer inside?

Any information is appreciated, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 11:04 PM   #2
JJPorta
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW330i

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem with a 330 that was purchased at an auction. Replaced both belt pretensions with new ones from BMW.

Same two codes can't get rid of them

Did you ever figure anything out. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Joe
Appreciate 0