Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Tracking vehicles built at the San Luis Potosí, Mexico assembly plant?

07-31-2021, 10:18 AM   #881
tgrundke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M340xi; '16 GTI Autobahn

Garage List
2023 M340  [10.00]
There are some significant rail and trucking backlogs due to worker shortages and supply chains getting back up to speed, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear about delays like this.
Appreciate 1
xef14.00
      07-31-2021, 12:03 PM   #882
xef
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrundke View Post
There are some significant rail and trucking backlogs due to worker shortages and supply chains getting back up to speed, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear about delays like this.
Ugh, I didn't know about the rail/trucking backlogs... apparently neither does the Genius line, because they made no mention of it. My CA said probably 2 more weeks, which feels like an eternity at this point. I've asked the Genius line about stop sales a couple of times and they said there aren't any for my vehicle. Hopefully that's true. I got all of the options except space saver spare.

OK, I'm currently predicting/hoping that the GARNET LEADER will be my ship. It's from NYK who BMW uses and will be arriving in Lazaro Cardenas on August 1st and arriving in Port Hueneme on August 5th.

Last edited by xef; 07-31-2021 at 06:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 09:35 AM   #883
xef
Private
Rep

So the ship, Garnet Leader, that I was expecting to get my car left the port this morning and the tracker has not updated(still says "ready for transport") and Genius line doesn't have any update showing that it's on the ship. The next ship from NYK is at the end of August. So my car will be sitting at the port in Mexico for a month at least I guess... Seeing how fast 2022 models are going I'm getting really close to bailing on this '21 order and going for a '22 so I can get Dravit Grey with red seats.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 04:50 PM   #884
Thuzzle
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xef View Post
So the ship, Garnet Leader, that I was expecting to get my car left the port this morning and the tracker has not updated(still says "ready for transport") and Genius line doesn't have any update showing that it's on the ship. The next ship from NYK is at the end of August. So my car will be sitting at the port in Mexico for a month at least I guess... Seeing how fast 2022 models are going I'm getting really close to bailing on this '21 order and going for a '22 so I can get Dravit Grey with red seats.
Oh wow I'm in same spot as well. Mine was "ready for transport" this morning, I really hope we made it on that boat! It's going to be a bummer waiting till the end of the month just to get it shipped.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 06:07 PM   #885
xef
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuzzle View Post
Oh wow I'm in same spot as well. Mine was "ready for transport" this morning, I really hope we made it on that boat! It's going to be a bummer waiting till the end of the month just to get it shipped.
Unfortunately I seriously doubt it. The Genius/CA didn't seem to have any confidence in the idea that it got on the ship without updating, and it seems like from the past posts in this thread that other users got other updates on their tracker before it got on the ship. Though digging through the thread I did see one person say that their tracker jumped 4 steps from "ready for transport" to "in transit" so there's always a chance...

I'm a little confused about what the different stages of the tracker mean. Supposedly my car has been "ready for transport" since the 23rd(though phone tracker said it on the 16th), and the genius line said it was actually "in transit" to the port on the 23rd. But when should it say "at the port"? When it hits the US port? The Mexico port? The port is only 8-9 hours from the plant, so if it was "in transit" it should definitely be there by now... I read one person say their's went backward from in transit to at the port, so does it do that for everyone?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 06:52 PM   #886
Blado
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 3 series

[QUOTE=xef;27874971]But when should it say "at the port"? When it hits the US port? The Mexico port? [QUOTE]

both!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 06:58 PM   #887
xef
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=Blado;27875153][QUOTE=xef;27874971]But when should it say "at the port"? When it hits the US port? The Mexico port?
Quote:

both!
Bummer! Definitely not on that ship, then

...doesn't mean I'm not still refreshing the tracker every 30 minutes
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 07:44 PM   #888
Blado
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 3 series

[QUOTE=xef;27875171][QUOTE=Blado;27875153]
Quote:
But when should it say "at the port"? When it hits the US port? The Mexico port?
Quote:

both!
Bummer! Definitely not on that ship, then

...doesn't mean I'm not still refreshing the tracker every 30 minutes
haha! that's the only way to do it. if not, bmw forgets to make your car.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 09:19 PM   #889
Viserion
Rep
Drives: bmw 330i

My 2022 330i entered its Final assembly stage today.

The genius said it would be another month before i get the car. Im in for the long wait

The port of entry is Hueneme and dealership is in the Seattle area.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 11:12 AM   #890
xef
Private
Rep

Finally got an update. Car is now in "Awaiting Carrier Assignment". Hopefully there's another ship coming sooner than the August 28th one, but looking at the import history on importinfo.com it looks like there's usually only about 2 ships a month from Mexico. Cars come from Germany much more frequently. I would expect faster deliveries from a car factory that's on the same continent.

Update! I just called the Genius line and spoke to the rep, my car got on the Garnet Leader!

Last edited by xef; 08-03-2021 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2021, 10:20 PM   #891
Mojopin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

After being in ready for transport since June 3rd I finally made it onto the Garnet leader as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 01:20 PM   #892
xef
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viserion View Post

The genius said it would be another month before i get the car. Im in for the long wait

Looks like it'll hopefully be on the Phoenix Leader. I'm not sure what the red dates mean, though. https://www.nykroro.com/documents/US...ast/USWCFE.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojopin View Post
After being in ready for transport since June 3rd I finally made it onto the Garnet leader as well.
Woot! June 3rd?! Dang, and here I was being impatient over 2 weeks lol... 3 other shipments have come and gone since then. I called my dealer today and he said mid to 3/4 of the way through August arrival time... I hope he's being pessimistic. I was really hoping for next week.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 01:44 PM   #893
Viserion
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Looks like it'll hopefully be on the Phoenix Leader. I'm not sure what the red dates mean, though. https://www.nykroro.com/documents/US...ast/USWCFE.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojopin View Post
Woot! June 3rd?! Dang, and here I was being impatient over 2 weeks lol... 3 other shipments have come and gone since then. I called my dealer today and he said mid to 3/4 of the way through August arrival time... I hope he's being pessimistic. I was really hoping for next week.
Wow thanks man. So is it usually 4 days to port hueneme?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 02:00 PM   #894
xef
Private
Rep

Quote:
Wow thanks man. So is it usually 4 days to port hueneme?
Yea, that's what I've seen. It's a pretty short trip.
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2021, 04:28 PM   #895
Mojopin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Quote:
Im up in Salt lake and my CA told me 5-10 days max to get on a truck from Oxnard to up here. Fingers crossed we both get a swift delivery.
Appreciate 1
xef14.00
      08-05-2021, 01:53 PM   #896
Thuzzle
Rep

Quote:
Finally got an update. Car is now in "Awaiting Carrier Assignment". Hopefully there's another ship coming sooner than the August 28th one, but looking at the import history on importinfo.com it looks like there's usually only about 2 ships a month from Mexico. Cars come from Germany much more frequently. I would expect faster deliveries from a car factory that's on the same continent.

Update! I just called the Genius line and spoke to the rep, my car got on the Garnet Leader!
Wow congrats!! Hopefully you should get it soon! Especially since it should take only a few days to reach. Keep us posted on the timeline.

Did you order the parking assistance package by any chance? Wonder if you heard about any stop gaps for your car. I keep reading in the g80 forums people have been waiting.

Unfortunately, mine has been stuck in ready for transport mode for a few days now. And like you mentioned, looks like there's no more ships till the end of the month.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 02:16 PM   #897
xef
Private
Rep

Quote:
Wow congrats!! Hopefully you should get it soon! Especially since it should take only a few days to reach. Keep us posted on the timeline.

Did you order the parking assistance package by any chance? Wonder if you heard about any stop gaps for your car. I keep reading in the g80 forums people have been waiting.

Unfortunately, mine has been stuck in ready for transport mode for a few days now. And like you mentioned, looks like there's no more ships till the end of the month.
Yep, I got every option there was except the space saver spare and HK(because it wasn't available). So Driver's Assistance Pro and Parking Assistance as well as:
Adaptive M Suspension
Power tailgate
Remote Engine Start
all of which I think had a chip problem. However, I just got off the phone with the BMW Genius and they said there are no stop sales and that my car is already with the carrier and expected to be delivered on the 13th!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 09:45 PM   #898
Thuzzle
Rep

Quote:
Yep, I got every option there was except the space saver spare and HK(because it wasn't available). So Driver's Assistance Pro and Parking Assistance as well as:
Adaptive M Suspension
Power tailgate
Remote Engine Start
all of which I think had a chip problem. However, I just got off the phone with the BMW Genius and they said there are no stop sales and that my car is already with the carrier and expected to be delivered on the 13th!!!
Wow awesome!! Glad to hear there's no stop sales on your car. I was worried all cars with the parking assistance package would be stuck waiting. Nice, that's just a week away! The great thing about the Mexico factory is the shipping is so fast once you get on that boat.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 09:58 PM   #899
Thuzzle
Rep

The m340i supposedly finished production on July 28th according to genius. Been mostly stuck since then, I see "final assembly" on the bmw website and "ready for transport" when I call genius. When I called to get more info yesterday, it still hasn't gotten assigned a ship or anything yet either sigh.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 10:19 AM   #900
xef
Private
Rep

Quote:
The m340i supposedly finished production on July 28th according to genius. Been mostly stuck since then, I see "final assembly" on the bmw website and "ready for transport" when I call genius. When I called to get more info yesterday, it still hasn't gotten assigned a ship or anything yet either sigh.
That sounds normal. My car entered Final Assembly on 7/15 and didn't update to Ready for Transport until 7/23. But when I called the Genius line on 7/16 the automated system told me it was ready for transport. On 7/23 when it finally switched over to Ready for Transport I called the Genius again and spoke to a rep who said it was actually in transit to the port that day.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 10:32 AM   #901
Viserion
Rep

Quote:
Its a similar case for me. I guess our cars will be in the same vessel.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 01:53 PM   #902
Viserion
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Adaptive M Suspension
Power tailgate
Remote Engine Start
Hey man. Did your car reach the port?
Any updates so far?
Appreciate 0