Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Red Light Camera App volume

05-04-2024, 06:00 PM   #1
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "24 X6M60i / "21 m340i xdrive

Red Light Camera App volume

Hi All,
Hope everyone is starting to enjoy the warmer weather and hitting the road. Seeking some help here. I had a subscription for the redlight camera in the 3 that recently ended. I didn't realize the subscription was up. I went through the app and downloaded the free month subscription for it. Now the volume is ridiculously loud when it detects a red light camera. Is there a way to lower the volume? I cannot see where it can be done. In the app itself, t is either on or off for the sound. Does anyone know if the app on it can be lowered and how to do it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.
__________________________________________________ ____________________
2024 X6 M60i. Tanzanite Blue with Black extended Leather with Red Calipers. Every option box checked. No nickname yet
2021 M340i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except Adaptive M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. AKA Blue Angel
*Retired 04/30/21: 2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream * Retired 12/16/23: 2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2024, 01:23 AM   #2
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynNYBMW View Post
Hi All,
Hope everyone is starting to enjoy the warmer weather and hitting the road. Seeking some help here. I had a subscription for the redlight camera in the 3 that recently ended. I didn't realize the subscription was up. I went through the app and downloaded the free month subscription for it. Now the volume is ridiculously loud when it detects a red light camera. Is there a way to lower the volume? I cannot see where it can be done. In the app itself, t is either on or off for the sound. Does anyone know if the app on it can be lowered and how to do it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.
__________________________________________________ ____________________
2024 X6 M60i. Tanzanite Blue with Black extended Leather with Red Calipers. Every option box checked. No nickname yet
2021 M340i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except Adaptive M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. AKA Blue Angel
*Retired 04/30/21: 2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream * Retired 12/16/23: 2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
Buried in the sound settings menu, check what your 'Bong' is set to. It controls how loud it is compared to the current volume.
Appreciate 2
      05-06-2024, 08:11 PM   #3
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Hi All. As suggested by srbs73. I went into the sound menu and lowered the Bong Volume. No go. The redlight camera sound notification is still at full volume. Will be reaching out to BMW assistance to see if they can patch me through to Tech Support to see if they can help. Will keep you all posted.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 08:23 PM   #4
ceevee
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynNYBMW View Post
Hi All. As suggested by srbs73. I went into the sound menu and lowered the Bong Volume. No go. The redlight camera sound notification is still at full volume. Will be reaching out to BMW assistance to see if they can patch me through to Tech Support to see if they can help. Will keep you all posted.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________
I had to wait until a red light camera alert activated then I had to change the volume immediately. The window to change the volume is very short. Unfortunately it took multiple red line camera alerts to get it to the volume I wanted (lowest).
Appreciate 2
srbs73558.00
      05-06-2024, 08:38 PM   #5
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

As mentioned by the previous poster, you can lower the volume once you hear the announcement -- no different than how you would adjust the volume for your navigation.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 07:06 PM   #6
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzau View Post
As mentioned by the previous poster, you can lower the volume once you hear the announcement -- no different than how you would adjust the volume for your navigation.
Kinda hard to adjust the volume as it pings once and that is it. It is not continuous. With the navigation I can adjust the volume as the directions are longer and some times repeated. Will reach out to tech support sometime this week. Will keep everyone posted.
__________________________________________________ ________________
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 07:13 PM   #7
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
I had to wait until a red light camera alert activated then I had to change the volume immediately. The window to change the volume is very short. Unfortunately it took multiple red line camera alerts to get it to the volume I wanted (lowest).
Thanks for the response bud. Will see if I can do that. My commutes involves dodging pot holes, bad drivers, construction sites, dog walkers, runners and bicycles ( electric and gas food deliveries) and movie set vehicles. So have to stay alert. lol
__________________________________________________ ____________
Appreciate 0