Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Hillary or Bernie?

02-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #45
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4

I'll take Sanders over Clinton. Clinton comes across as conniving, untrustworthy and deceitful to me.
Appreciate 3
      02-10-2016, 12:59 PM   #46
Chez
Brit Abroad
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Frozen Black M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I'll take Sanders over Clinton. Clinton comes cross as conniving, untrustworthy and deceitful to me.
I agree. But I'd still take her over any of the remaining fools on the other side of the political fence if Bernie doesn't win.

I just couldn't get behind anyone who is out to impinge upon other peoples human rights.

Instagram @M4TTE_BMW

More info and photos here.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 01:00 PM   #47
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
I agree. But I'd still take her over any of the remaining fools on the other side of the political fence if Bernie doesn't win.
I not really deep seated in politics, but I'd still take Trump over Clinton.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 01:00 PM   #48
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
I'll take Sanders over Clinton. Clinton comes cross as conniving, untrustworthy and deceitful to me.
She sounded like a complete psychopath when she discussed the death of Gaddafi, "we came, we saw, he died hahahahah", was pretty much what she said. And congratulations by the way because now ISIS is in Lybia too.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 01:01 PM   #49
Chez
Brit Abroad
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [4.75]
Oh no, ISIS comes into the conversation.. That's where I dip out, because we'll never agree on who it was that caused their formation

Instagram @M4TTE_BMW

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 01:01 PM   #50
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:

I just couldn't get behind anyone who is out to impinge upon other peoples human rights.
Was this a Trump reference? If so, is that your position because he stated that we should temporarily halt immigration of Muslims?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #51
Chez
Brit Abroad
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [4.75]
Quote:
Was this a Trump reference? If so, is that your position because he stated that we should temporarily halt immigration of Muslims?
No, this is aimed at (to my understanding) ALL of the current Republican nominees who are against a woman's right to choose what happens to her body, the rights of gay people to enjoy the same benefits offered to straight people and the notion that "religious freedom" only applies to Christians.

Instagram @M4TTE_BMW

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 01:11 PM   #52
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
No, this is aimed at (to my understanding) ALL of the current Republican nominees who are against a woman's right to choose what happens to her body, the rights of gay people to enjoy the same benefits offered to straight people and the notion that "religious freedom" only applies to Christians.
I know this seems to be his stance on abortion. He seems to teeter somewhere in the middle by saying he is Pro-Life, but Pro-Choice with a ban on partial-birth abortions.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 02:10 PM   #53
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I'm having a hard time seeing how Bernie wouldn't turn us into the old Soviet Union?
This thing called Congress.
It hasn't stopped Obama at all...
      02-10-2016, 02:19 PM   #54
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez
Quote:
You should prob do more research. I don't know of any republican candidate that wants to deny gay people benefits, or has a plan to stop abortion - the closest I've heard is some think it's a state's rights issue, and not a federal government issue. And not sure where you got the idea about religious freedom only being for Christians? Who said that?
      02-10-2016, 02:24 PM   #55
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Ding ding ding!
      02-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #56
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Executive actions can only do so much.

Can't do shit when it comes to taxing and spending. That's all Congress.
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #57
Chez
Brit Abroad
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [4.75]
Quote:
You should prob do more research. I don't know of any republican candidate that wants to deny gay people benefits, or has a plan to stop abortion - the closest I've heard is some think it's a state's rights issue, and not a federal government issue. And not sure where you got the idea about religious freedom only being for Christians? Who said that?
I believe every republican has said they would repeal gay marriage. Mostly based on "religious" objections, even though marriage is not a religious thing for straight people (obviously, it absolutely CAN be, but it doesn't HAVE to be).

Instagram @M4TTE_BMW

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #58
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I believe every republican has said they would repeal gay marriage. Mostly based on "religious" objections, even though marriage is not a religious thing for straight people (obviously, it absolutely CAN be, but it doesn't HAVE to be).
Gay marriage is not "benefits." And the Supreme Court (federal) stepped on the will of the people in many states, as expressed in their votes. I believe that is the issue that some have with the Supreme Court ruling, and want to take it back to the people for a popular vote. The SC ruling was based on very weak reasoning, and any time they trample on a voted issue they should be called out on it.
      02-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #59
Chez
Brit Abroad
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [4.75]
Quote:
Gay marriage is not "benefits." And the Supreme Court (federal) stepped on the will of the people in many states, as expressed in their votes. I believe that is the issue that some have with the Supreme Court ruling, and want to take it back to the people for a popular vote. The SC ruling was based on very weak reasoning, and any time they trample on a voted issue they should be called out on it.
Polling showed at the time that the majority of the country was in favor of gay marriage. Also, having the ability to marry does offer many benefits that were previously unavailable to gay couples.

I don't disagree with the 'due process' argument that you make, however why repeal it? Why not let it stand until such time as the country votes, then if it comes back a no, look to do something about it?

Instagram @M4TTE_BMW

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 10:38 PM   #60
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Polling showed at the time that the majority of the country was in favor of gay marriage. Also, having the ability to marry does offer many benefits that were previously unavailable to gay couples.

I don't disagree with the 'due process' argument that you make, however why repeal it? Why not let it stand until such time as the country votes, then if it comes back a no, look to do something about it?
Polling is not voting.

And an illogical, will-of-the-people vote crushing court ruling shouldn't be left standing; it should never have happened in the first place.

Just curious - what country are you from originally?
      02-11-2016, 07:10 AM   #61
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Where are you spewing this garbage from? Whats absolutely appalling to me is that people actually vote based on bullshit social issues like this as opposed to the economy and foreign affairs. The media spin is working very well, it worked for Obama and will continue to do its job. You're worred about two gay people getting married whilst the TPP gets passed and everyone gets banged wholeheartedly.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2016, 08:02 AM   #62
bosstones
Major
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
I'm actually a little concerned about Bernie possibly getting assassinated.
What....by arterial plaque? Old age? For as much crap as people gave McCain about his age when he ran in '08....Bernie is 4 years older than McCain was during his run and certainly shows it. If Sanders gets the Democratic nod, he'd better choose wisely who his VP running mate is. Not because he may pass before a potential presidential term ends, but because of the impression of who would succeed him during that term (potentially, of course ). McCain chose Palin which....yeah....didn't work too well.

I lean conservative on certain things but consider myself moderate or middle of the road. I don't live by party lines.

That said, while I am glad Hilary lost NH, it scares me that Sanders is doing so well. The American dream isn't dead...the approach is just shifting. It is becoming less about working hard to achieve ones goal(s) and becoming successful and I fear that Sanders will very much further this. Even if Biden or Bloomberg were to hop in the Democratic race, they aren't exactly quality candidates either.

On the GOP side....holy sh*t.....Trump is riding the wave of angst that exists but, while I understand it, I REALLY don't think he is good for the country. Some of the others are nut jobs but not all are that bad...or at least are more tolerable.
      02-11-2016, 08:31 AM   #63
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Oh I wonder why?

I'm not American but she even makes my blood boil. The bare face lies are disgusting and all the negative mysteries surrounding the Clintons. Steer clear!

The retelling of the Bosnia visit just takes the biscuit.
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2016, 08:48 AM   #64
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
I'm actually a little concerned about Bernie possibly getting assassinated.
What....by arterial plaque? Old age? For as much crap as people gave McCain about his age when he ran in '08....Bernie is 4 years older than McCain was during his run and certainly shows it. If Sanders gets the Democratic nod, he'd better choose wisely who his VP running mate is. Not because he may pass before a potential presidential term ends, but because of the impression of who would succeed him during that term (potentially, of course ). McCain chose Palin which....yeah....didn't work too well.

I lean conservative on certain things but consider myself moderate or middle of the road. I don't live by party lines.

That said, while I am glad Hilary lost NH, it scares me that Sanders is doing so well. The American dream isn't dead...the approach is just shifting. It is becoming less about working hard to achieve ones goal(s) and becoming successful and I fear that Sanders will very much further this. Even if Biden or Bloomberg were to hop in the Democratic race, they aren't exactly quality candidates either.

On the GOP side....holy sh*t.....Trump is riding the wave of angst that exists but, while I understand it, I REALLY don't think he is good for the country. Some of the others are nut jobs but not all are that bad...or at least are more tolerable.
I'm just a little worried because most of the powerful think he's too radical.

Im similar to you. No party lines. But fiscally conservative and socially liberal. It all comes down to who i think has a better vision for the country. I like Kasich but we all know he ain't going to represent the GOP.
      02-11-2016, 03:33 PM   #65
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

I didn't really know anything about Bernie's background. I now don't think I want to know any more:

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...ts-your-money/
      02-11-2016, 04:11 PM   #66
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
I didn't really know anything about Bernie's background. I now don't think I want to know any more:

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...ts-your-money/
He hangs/hung Soviet Russian flags in his office. I'm sure he has fantasies of a communist USA. He's toast once exposed with the truth when the time is right. I don't think the lower class will like the sound of communist either.

Last edited by gonzo; 02-11-2016 at 04:32 PM..
Appreciate 0