Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Kaepernick and the National Anthem

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-29-2016, 01:31 PM   #67
sales@vivid
sales@vivid's Avatar
United_States
132
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW M5 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert AZ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to sales@vivid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Dear 49ers,

If you need a minority to carry a clipboard, collect millions of $, keep my mouth shut, not be a distraction, not complain and stand during the national anthem, hit me up, I'm available.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 02:17 PM   #68
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
791
Rep
1,944
Posts

Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas Area (McKinney), TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katin View Post
In the most free country of the world should he not have the right? Chastising him for not partisapating is a contradiction in theory.
we should be respectful of another's beliefs especially in "the land of the free and home of the brave" Is he not exhibiting his freedom in a brave way?
I don't even know what his position is but think if we start making others behave as we do then that contradicts the very foundation of the USA.
He has every right to do it, and we have every right to hate it and let him know that we hate it. I've always like him as a QB, but i have a real lack of respect for his disrespect for our great country. His home may be a little to close to Berkley (home of america haters).
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 02:58 PM   #69
csu87
Banned
2093
Rep
3,654
Posts

Drives: 09 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Colorado

iTrader: (0)

So i did a quick google search and cant find any other contributions that Kaep has put towards the cause other than sitting during the anthem. He not only chose a terrible way to "Protest", but he also created even more of a divide by using this as his way to "Protest" oppression and racism.

Instead of getting people to talk about the issue, he got people to talk about him and his actions and created more contempt between the two sides. Im willing to bet even Obama and Sharpton were like "you dumb muthafukka"

Edit: Did find some reports that just recently surfaced after this that he was a longshot to make the roster anyway. Looks like the 49ers are already posturing to cut him due to "Football Reasons" and not political ones. Maybe the Broncos put him up to this to get the 49ers to cut him once they figured out Sanchez is still Mark Sanchez. He'll be out there singing the National Anthem Week 1 for the Broncos.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 05:16 PM   #70
sales@vivid
sales@vivid's Avatar
United_States
132
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW M5 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert AZ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to sales@vivid
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
So i did a quick google search and cant find any other contributions that Kaep has put towards the cause other than sitting during the anthem. He not only chose a terrible way to "Protest", but he also created even more of a divide by using this as his way to "Protest" oppression and racism.

Instead of getting people to talk about the issue, he got people to talk about him and his actions and created more contempt between the two sides. Im willing to bet even Obama and Sharpton were like "you dumb muthafukka"

Edit: Did find some reports that just recently surfaced after this that he was a longshot to make the roster anyway. Looks like the 49ers are already posturing to cut him due to "Football Reasons" and not political ones. Maybe the Broncos put him up to this to get the 49ers to cut him once they figured out Sanchez is still Mark Sanchez. He'll be out there singing the National Anthem Week 1 for the Broncos.
Well... Ironically, he does support some charity. Mostly a place called Camp Taylor. It helps children and families that are dealing with heart issues. If you look online, you'll see a few videos of him doing press conferences at the camp.. The ironic part.. Not a single black kid around in any of them.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135790.50

      08-29-2016, 06:39 PM   #71
1LRM3
Captain
1LRM3's Avatar
United_States
498
Rep
794
Posts

Drives: LRP M3 E92, MR M3 E93
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CT<-->SC

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vivid View Post
Well... Ironically, he does support some charity. Mostly a place called Camp Taylor. It helps children and families that are dealing with heart issues. If you look online, you'll see a few videos of him doing press conferences at the camp.. The ironic part.. Not a single black kid around in any of them.
But I will tell you that a lot of black kids- affluent to deprived - watch and look up to these guys... so here you have thousands of kids who say the pledge every day in school seeing this COLON POS bench sitter conducting a rightful act that is utterly disrespectful, ill-mannered, discourteous, and uncivil.
__________________
ENDLESS DETAILS, CT
EPIC MOTORSPORTS, FL
Custom Auto Designs Protection Films, CT
F.T.B.R. Garage, CT
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 06:54 PM   #72
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
2030
Rep
10,170
Posts

Drives: '97 332ti, '18 F31, '16 GT4
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LRM3 View Post
But I will tell you that a lot of black kids- affluent to deprived - watch and look up to these guys... so here you have thousands of kids who say the pledge every day in school seeing this COLON POS bench sitter conducting a rightful act that is utterly disrespectful, ill-mannered, discourteous, and uncivil.
And he will be followed by those same youth. Learn to disrespect. It doesn't help he BLM cause, and can easily make it worse.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 07:45 PM   #73
1LRM3
Captain
1LRM3's Avatar
United_States
498
Rep
794
Posts

Drives: LRP M3 E92, MR M3 E93
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CT<-->SC

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
And he will be followed by those same youth. Learn to disrespect. It doesn't help he BLM cause, and can easily make it worse.
don't doubt it at all...
__________________
ENDLESS DETAILS, CT
EPIC MOTORSPORTS, FL
Custom Auto Designs Protection Films, CT
F.T.B.R. Garage, CT
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 08:32 PM   #74
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3609
Rep
5,752
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

You know it's kind of crazy that this has gotten so much attention--maybe if AAron, Drew or Peyton had done that much more news worthy. I live in Niner land and Kap sucks and is criticized all the time. I think there should be a rule that any player in an American sport should have an obligation to honor the anthem. While he has freedom of speech, he doesn't recognize that he is playing in a solely American sport and should serve some honor. Guess that's why I follow hockey so close because hockey players as rough as they are respect not only the National anthem but the Canadian one as well.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. MHD. stage 2--e30 VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 1
VRG_135790.50

      08-29-2016, 08:58 PM   #75
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
2030
Rep
10,170
Posts

Drives: '97 332ti, '18 F31, '16 GT4
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (2)

How is it possible that this goof is allowed to do this under league rules, and the Dallas Cowboys players couldn't honor the police who were killed by snipers?
Appreciate 1
VRG_135790.50

      08-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #76
insanecoder
Brigadier General
1376
Rep
3,209
Posts

Drives: 340isDrive
Join Date: May 2016
Location: East Coast USA

iTrader: (0)

thats the whole point.. its distasteful but it attracts attention..
first its the shock value
then he sent a message via his press conference
but most of the sheep only concentrates on the shocking value
the message is lost
abit over the head of most americans I guess no surprise there
Appreciate 1
UncleWede9068.00

      08-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #77
SakhirM4
Major General
SakhirM4's Avatar
United_States
10011
Rep
8,669
Posts

Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
thats the whole point.. its distasteful but it attracts attention..
first its the shock value
then he sent a message via his press conference
but most of the sheep only concentrates on the shocking value
the message is lost
abit over the head of most americans I guess no surprise there
I guess we all wish that we were as intelligent as you
__________________
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 2
VRG_135790.50
MKSixer20136.00

      08-29-2016, 09:56 PM   #78
insanecoder
Brigadier General
1376
Rep
3,209
Posts

Drives: 340isDrive
Join Date: May 2016
Location: East Coast USA

iTrader: (0)

I guess you just put yerself into that camp didnt you voluntarily
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 10:07 PM   #79
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
1236
Rep
2,758
Posts

Drives: M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bmw

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Edit: Did find some reports that just recently surfaced after this that he was a longshot to make the roster anyway. Looks like the 49ers are already posturing to cut him due to "Football Reasons" and not political ones. Maybe the Broncos put him up to this to get the 49ers to cut him once they figured out Sanchez is still Mark Sanchez. He'll be out there singing the National Anthem Week 1 for the Broncos.
I haven't been paying attention to him since the 49's started their down turn. Watching his recent interviews and his recent action on the field, he looks completely checked out of football. He does not look in shape, skinnier than ever. His play is absolutely atrocious, like he has never opened the new playbook. He is definitely going to get cut, but I think that is what he wants. He has no idea that his current actions will completely eliminate many teams from signing him. Their are owners that simply won't put up with that sh*t.

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 08-29-2016 at 10:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 10:08 PM   #80
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Haywood's Avatar
United_States
2119
Rep
2,864
Posts

Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, NY

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
I guess you just put yerself into that camp didnt you voluntarily
What's the message genius? Also if you're going to be a passive/aggressive smartass, at least learn how to spell English.
__________________
2003 Le Mans Blue e39 M5 Dinan S1
1997 Alpine White e36 M3 (the old gal)
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 3
SakhirM410011.00
VRG_135790.50
MKSixer20136.00

      08-29-2016, 10:11 PM   #81
insanecoder
Brigadier General
1376
Rep
3,209
Posts

Drives: 340isDrive
Join Date: May 2016
Location: East Coast USA

iTrader: (0)

So I guess you had no idea why Colin did what he did nor said what he said?
And you want me to regurgitate that which take one or two click on the internets effort to finally find out for you?
Wake the fck up and make some effort of your own.. its not much effort.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 10:12 PM   #82
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
1236
Rep
2,758
Posts

Drives: M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bmw

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
How is it possible that this goof is allowed to do this under league rules, and the Dallas Cowboys players couldn't honor the police who were killed by snipers?
It was pointed out earlier in the thread that it is not against NFL policy. Unlike like in the NBA.

I find it odd that it is same league that wouldn't allow Manning where black high tops to honor Johnny Unitas.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135790.50

      08-29-2016, 10:14 PM   #83
SakhirM4
Major General
SakhirM4's Avatar
United_States
10011
Rep
8,669
Posts

Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
So I guess you had no idea why Colin did what he did nor said what he said?
And you want me to regurgitate that which take one or two click on the internets effort to finally find out for you?
Wake the fck up and make some effort of your own.. its not much effort.
Lots of people know why he did and said what he did. It has been discussed at length in this thread even. Knowing what he said/did doesn't mean one agrees with him or supports his actions.

__________________
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"

Last edited by SakhirM4; 08-29-2016 at 11:02 PM..
Appreciate 2
Haywood2119.00
VRG_135790.50

      08-29-2016, 10:23 PM   #84
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
1236
Rep
2,758
Posts

Drives: M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bmw

iTrader: (0)

Anyone watch Hard knocks before all this Kap non-sense happened? When Fisher showed the team how he expects them to act during the national anthem. Fisher is a class act.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410011.00
larryn2029.50

      08-29-2016, 10:33 PM   #85
Kenny's X5
Private First Class
Kenny's X5's Avatar
39
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: X5
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

^ +1000000000000000
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 11:03 PM   #86
MR92_
Private
Canada
47
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: canadas wasteland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
You know it's kind of crazy that this has gotten so much attention--maybe if AAron, Drew or Peyton had done that much more news worthy. I live in Niner land and Kap sucks and is criticized all the time. I think there should be a rule that any player in an American sport should have an obligation to honor the anthem. While he has freedom of speech, he doesn't recognize that he is playing in a solely American sport and should serve some honor. Guess that's why I follow hockey so close because hockey players as rough as they are respect not only the National anthem but the Canadian one as well.
Hockey players easily the classiest athletes in pro sports, and they get paid pennies compared to others. Shame
Appreciate 2
jgoens3608.50
VRG_135790.50

      08-29-2016, 11:05 PM   #87
ny325
Colonel
United_States
553
Rep
2,819
Posts

Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Yankee Stadium

iTrader: (0)

I'm also available to hold the clipboard for a few million. It's going to be a loooong season for Kaepernick. How dare he disrespect the American Flag. I understand his position. However, it's not up to the government to raise your children. Wasn't he abandoned by his father, who was black, and adopted by a white family? It all starts in the home. It doesn't Matter what color your skin is. If you want to be productive to society, only you could make that happen. So Kaepernick, maybe you could go into the inner cities and hold seminars. Talk to the community about violence, guns, drugs, gangs, having a single parent, or no parents, education, and picking up your pants and not show your ass/underwear when your walking the streets Then take some of your million's and build recreational centers for children, and young adults. Again, disrespecting the American Flag isn't the answer. Go out and show how YOU can make a difference.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410011.00

      08-29-2016, 11:16 PM   #88
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
2030
Rep
10,170
Posts

Drives: '97 332ti, '18 F31, '16 GT4
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
I'm also available to hold the clipboard for a few million. It's going to be a loooong season for Kaepernick. How dare he disrespect the American Flag. I understand his position. However, it's not up to the government to raise your children. Wasn't he abandoned by his father, who was black, and adopted by a white family? It all starts in the home. It doesn't Matter what color your skin is. If you want to be productive to society, only you could make that happen. So Kaepernick, maybe you could go into the inner cities and hold seminars. Talk to the community about violence, guns, drugs, gangs, having a single parent, or no parents, education, and picking up your pants and not show your ass/underwear when your walking the streets Then take some of your million's and build recreational centers for children, and young adults. Again, disrespecting the American Flag isn't the answer. Go out and show how YOU can make a difference.
Isn't sitting on your ass even close to your suggestion?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST