Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Hockey thread 2016/2017 season.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-13-2016, 12:16 AM   #23
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9125
Rep
8,060
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

The usual suspects beat us again. Sharks owned that 3rd period

Burnsie and Thornton already sporting the playoff beards
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 12:25 AM   #24
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3610
Rep
5,758
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
The usual suspects beat us again. Sharks owned that 3rd period

Burnsie and Thornton already sporting the playoff beards
1 down and 81 more to go.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #25
finaloption
Captain
finaloption's Avatar
United_States
183
Rep
633
Posts

Drives: '13 f30 n26
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Wings off to a good start tonight
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 10:05 PM   #26
finaloption
Captain
finaloption's Avatar
United_States
183
Rep
633
Posts

Drives: '13 f30 n26
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

and a terrible finish
Appreciate 1
VRG_135790.50

      10-17-2016, 11:18 AM   #27
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
1188
Rep
1,134
Posts

Drives: '08 335xi cpe - aero kit, 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Price, crosby, eichel...am I to assume that none of these really happened in the world cup? Crosby's got the biggest phantom injury seen...from his first practice with the team.

Pens quest to repeat is under way...if I were the Trotz and the Caps, I would have come out for the banner raising. Maybe it would spark 'em.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2016, 08:42 PM   #28
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
1188
Rep
1,134
Posts

Drives: '08 335xi cpe - aero kit, 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Sharks at Pens. New season....same results

Sharks need to learn how to finish...no way should they lose in regulation when up 2-0 with 11 minutes left in the 3rd.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2016, 09:15 PM   #29
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3610
Rep
5,758
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Sharks at Pens. New season....same results

Sharks need to learn how to finish...no way should they lose in regulation when up 2-0 with 11 minutes left in the 3rd.
No shit.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. MHD. stage 2--e30 VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 12:17 AM   #30
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9125
Rep
8,060
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quick is out several weeks with a griot AGAIN. It's certainly no fun, especially on ice, when u lose the groin.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 12:33 AM   #31
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3610
Rep
5,758
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quick is out several weeks with a griot AGAIN. It's certainly no fun, especially on ice, when u lose the groin.
Bummer..at least at the beginning of the season and he can rest well and get back to full health.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 07:12 AM   #32
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
1188
Rep
1,134
Posts

Drives: '08 335xi cpe - aero kit, 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
In a lighter note - just picked up Pens tickets for the away game against the Florida Panthers on Dec 8th, then I'll drive up to Tampa to catch the Pens away game on the 10th.

Father/Son Trip...I've been thinking about doing this for 10 years now, good to just pull the trigger and finally go. Gonna try and get a SCUBA dive in too
__________________

- Joey
Proud owner of 2 Turbos and 1 Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #33
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3610
Rep
5,758
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
In a lighter note - just picked up Pens tickets for the away game against the Florida Panthers on Dec 8th, then I'll drive up to Tampa to catch the Pens away game on the 10th.

Father/Son Trip...I've been thinking about doing this for 10 years now, good to just pull the trigger and finally go. Gonna try and get a SCUBA dive in too
Yeah then you get to see all the fish you really wish you could add to your tank
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. MHD. stage 2--e30 VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 09:23 AM   #34
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9125
Rep
8,060
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Kings are enjoying OT this year. 4-0-0, took out the Preds last night just before time ran out. It was interesting to see a PP in OT. I was thinking 3-2 would be a pretty sure goal, but instead flopped to 4-3, then continued 4-4 until the next whistle once the PP was over.
Appreciate 1
jgoens3610.00

      10-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #35
Germanauto
Brigadier General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
4024
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

The Red Wings are surprisingly alright...

I expected them to flat out stink this season. Ken Holland has been putting mediocre teams on the ice since 2010. I felt he should have been fired at least a season or two ago, but if they do well this season I'll be a happy camper.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 09:09 PM   #36
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3610
Rep
5,758
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
The Red Wings are surprisingly alright...

I expected them to flat out stink this season. Ken Holland has been putting mediocre teams on the ice since 2010. I felt he should have been fired at least a season or two ago, but if they do well this season I'll be a happy camper.
I don't think the Wings have been mediocre since 2010...more recently. The problem is, is that they have had a hard time replacing all their aging superstars..maybe their farm system is weak.
Other than the year before last the Sharks have been able to keep bringing on new strong players and be somewhat contending for a long time.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. MHD. stage 2--e30 VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 08:49 AM   #37
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
1188
Rep
1,134
Posts

Drives: '08 335xi cpe - aero kit, 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Coming up on the end of October...any coaches you think are on the hot seat yet?

If Claude Julian has a similar November...he's got to be the 1st out, no? Think Anaheim is regretting their decisions yet? My money on the first to go...Torts in Columbus...I just don't see a long lasting relationship there.
__________________

- Joey
Proud owner of 2 Turbos and 1 Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 10:49 AM   #38
Germanauto
Brigadier General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
4024
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I don't think the Wings have been mediocre since 2010...more recently. The problem is, is that they have had a hard time replacing all their aging superstars..maybe their farm system is weak.
Other than the year before last the Sharks have been able to keep bringing on new strong players and be somewhat contending for a long time.
Grand Rapids actually won the Calder Cup a couple years ago, it feels like a lot of their current roster is from GR.

You have to put things in context with the word "mediocrity." Growing up, the Wings were always, and I mean always, Stanley Cup contenders. Not making it past the 2nd round of the playoffs was a huge deal. Aside from the one fluke year (I think 2013?) where they somehow almost reached the WCF after having Chicago on the ropes (then blowing a 3-1 series lead), they've been a consistent 1st round exit. Keeping the Playoff streak alive is cool, but it doesn't matter if all we have to look forward to is being bumped out of the 1st round.
Appreciate 1
jgoens3610.00

      10-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #39
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3610
Rep
5,758
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Grand Rapids actually won the Calder Cup a couple years ago, it feels like a lot of their current roster is from GR.

You have to put things in context with the word "mediocrity." Growing up, the Wings were always, and I mean always, Stanley Cup contenders. Not making it past the 2nd round of the playoffs was a huge deal. Aside from the one fluke year (I think 2013?) where they somehow almost reached the WCF after having Chicago on the ropes (then blowing a 3-1 series lead), they've been a consistent 1st round exit. Keeping the Playoff streak alive is cool, but it doesn't matter if all we have to look forward to is being bumped out of the 1st round.
Got it. They have always been regarded as one of the Elite teams--you know the Mighty Red Wings and as a Sharks fan we are used to getting knocked out in the first or second round.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. MHD. stage 2--e30 VRSF DP, ER CP, Dinan Shockware. VRSF 12mm/15mm spacers. Cobra dashcam. Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 12:50 PM   #40
Germanauto
Brigadier General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
4024
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Got it. They have always been regarded as one of the Elite teams--you know the Mighty Red Wings and as a Sharks fan we are used to getting knocked out in the first or second round.
I'm assuming you're a Warriors fan so the whole blowing a 3-1 series lead must be familiar to you.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 02:39 PM   #41
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3610
Rep
5,758
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I'm assuming you're a Warriors fan so the whole blowing a 3-1 series lead must be familiar to you.
I'm fair weather on other teams. Well, the sharks blew a 3-0 series three years ago..so I'm very familiar with big time choke.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 10:36 PM   #42
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3610
Rep
5,758
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Sharks think a young team like the desert dogs is easy money? This is the nhl..need to play big against every team. This is not NFL, MLB, NBA or all the soccer leagues.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 09:24 AM   #43
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9125
Rep
8,060
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Ducks came in and kicked our collective asses last night.


At least we can beat the Preds . . .
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #44
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
1188
Rep
1,134
Posts

Drives: '08 335xi cpe - aero kit, 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Ducks came in and kicked our collective asses last night.


At least we can beat the Preds . . .
We in turn kicked the Ducks arse...only to have your team hand it to us in OT. I couldn't get past the 2nd in either game. Too late for me....

Preds kicked our butts too...with a patch team when they all had food poisoning.

Stick a fork in the Pens...they're done.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST