Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion NY Ok's Driver's Licenses for Illegal immigrants

06-19-2019, 04:31 PM   #45
TrAcK TRaP
bOrN To DiE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post
Usually if people can’t speak English they can’t read it either so they should be able to do both enough to pass and read signs.
It really is not necessary I've been in Paris and Dubai can't speak the language but drove perfectly fine
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 04:34 PM   #46
Moonbat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N/A

Better signage? More pictorial and less word based advisories?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 04:50 PM   #47
Z K
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Me too. They conveniently left out the part of exploding homelessness, shit all over the streets, insanely high taxes, and $200k a year salaries being unable to afford rent within 50 miles of the place. Not to mention being completely beholden to the brain damaged ideology of the left if you choose to live in one of these stink holes.
You have lumped a bunch of different things that are mostly unrelated to try to prove your point that you don't like liberal large cities.

The problems are actually not together. The homelessness is not due to job loss, the majority of homeless are either mentally ill people or those with drug addictions. This is directly related to the cut in mental health care funding in the USA. Mental health care occupies a paradoxical place in the history of social welfare in the United States, where aid is socially accepted only for the “deserving needy.” People with mental illnesses rarely fit this mold. Where do they go when no one will care for them? The streets. And the screaming crazy people and the shit on the streets? That's from the mentally ill people. This has very little to do with city policies. No one wants to spend money to take care of mentally ill people.

As for the actual homeless rate? It has decreased in San Francisco year over year. It's actually lower than it has ever been. The problem is the visibility of homelessness. Because of the high number of people moving into the city, the bad areas that locals used to avoid now have sky high rents and you have millionaires living next to slums. You'd have the same story if you dumped upper middle class suburban families in the middle of gang controlled suburban Compton - they'd think the neighborhood has gone to shit.
      06-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #48
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
As for the actual homeless rate? It has decreased in San Francisco year over year. It's actually lower than it has ever been.
No need to even bother with the rest of the crap you posted after seeing this gem. Stick with your fake news.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...t-13851897.php
Appreciate 4
N54Yankee2236.50
SakhirM410018.00
MKSixer20212.00

06-19-2019, 05:50 PM   #49
Z K
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
No need to even bother with the rest of the crap you posted after seeing this gem. Stick with your fake news.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...t-13851897.php
Well, looks like that's new. I guess my data may be outdated.

This was just in December - there was a decrease year over year. Same news source as yours as well.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...s-13472401.php
      06-19-2019, 05:52 PM   #50
Moonbat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N/A

So we're all in agreement then... take away the driver's licenses from the homeless, deport them to Central America, and as President Trump just announced in his Juneteenth annual address, finally fund reparations appropriately.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 05:55 PM   #51
Z K
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbat View Post
So we're all in agreement then... take away the driver's licenses from the homeless, deport them to Central America, and as President Trump just announced in his Juneteenth annual address, finally fund reparations appropriately.
Yeah, homeless are not contributing to the economy in any way. I'm sure all the homeless vets will love losing their citizenship and being sent to Central America. Way to treat the people who have defended our country.
      06-19-2019, 10:22 PM   #52
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrAcK TRaP View Post
It really is not necessary I've been in Paris and Dubai can't speak the language but drove perfectly fine
I am going off of how bad people drive that can speak and read English lol
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 06:10 AM   #53
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
State ID, States Rights., end of story
UNTIL it's used as ID for federal voting.
Why would they vote in Federal elections? You don't think the State of NY can keep track of that?

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 07:31 AM   #54
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
You have lumped a bunch of different things that are mostly unrelated to try to prove your point that you don't like liberal large cities.

The problems are actually not together. The homelessness is not due to job loss, the majority of homeless are either mentally ill people or those with drug addictions. This is directly related to the cut in mental health care funding in the USA. Mental health care occupies a paradoxical place in the history of social welfare in the United States, where aid is socially accepted only for the “deserving needy.” People with mental illnesses rarely fit this mold. Where do they go when no one will care for them? The streets. And the screaming crazy people and the shit on the streets? That's from the mentally ill people. This has very little to do with city policies. No one wants to spend money to take care of mentally ill people.
I agree with you.

This is a sad and unfortunate reality. This problem was created by the democrats back in the 1970's, who felt that too many people with mental health issues were being locked up in psychiatric hospitals and that it was inhumane (they had their hearts in the right place, just went about it wrong).

As such, they released a large portion of them, thinking they were helping. In turn, most just ended up homeless as they couldn't hold down jobs, etc.

Then the governments (mostly republicans, but many democrats as well) saw all this extra money in the budgets that was no longer being spent on mental health care and either cut budgets or increased spending. Now, in order to go back and start caring for those with mental illnesses, the city and state governments will either have to cut spending on other programs or increase taxes - neither of which they have the political will to do.

This is yet another example of government in general thinking it could attempt to solve a problem and just making it worse.

I really wish we would attempt to get those with mental illnesses the help they need. Most won't take the meds on their own, even if you give them to them, and it is pretty cruel to come and lock them up just because they have mental health issues. There really isn't a 'perfect' solution. It's sad.

Quote:
Why would they vote in Federal elections? You don't think the State of NY can keep track of that?
I'm assuming this is a sarcastic post. Please say yes.

06-20-2019, 10:34 AM   #55
The Libertine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5

Quote:
Yeah, homeless are not contributing to the economy in any way. I'm sure all the homeless vets will love losing their citizenship and being sent to Central America. Way to treat the people who have defended our country.
I would gladly agree to divert every single cent spent on illegal aliens towards homeless veterans.
Appreciate 6
iconoclast4171.50
cmyx6go3614.50
UncleWede9116.00
MKSixer20212.00

06-20-2019, 11:59 AM   #56
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

Better make sure you have "uninsured motorist" coverage on your plan.
      06-20-2019, 12:13 PM   #57
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
I would gladly agree to divert every single cent spent on illegal aliens towards homeless veterans.
MK, you got those container homes ready for purchase yet?
Appreciate 2
Run Silent13371.50
MKSixer20212.00

06-20-2019, 01:02 PM   #58
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
State ID, States Rights., end of story
I am with you until the "end of story" part because this policy provides a dangerous loophole. These applicants in the country illegally can't provide the background documentation that is required by citizens seeking a DL in the state. THIS is my main objection to the policy. It really doesn't make sense that citizens and lawful residents have to confirm their identity, but those whom entered the country illegally do not have to. Completely nuts.

06-20-2019, 02:16 PM   #59
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
If voter ID laws are passed, which they should be, this will allow illegals to vote in our elections.

Way to go NY. Fucking idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
It really doesn't make sense that citizens and lawful residents have to confirm their identity, but those whom entered the country illegally do not have to. Completely nuts.
It is fucked. How anyone thought this is a good idea is beyond me.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 03:15 PM   #60
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
I’m not to far from you in LI and so many times a year truckers find themselves on Parkways and shear off the top of their trailers on the overpass roads and get stuck causing horrific traffic jams. The vast majority of these offenders are foreigners with little to no knowledge of the language. It happens every single day sometimes more often somewhere in the metro area. There are hundreds of other offenses every day by non English speakers and far to often with injuries and fatalities.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2019, 05:57 PM   #61
Z K
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I agree with you.

This is a sad and unfortunate reality. This problem was created by the democrats back in the 1970's, who felt that too many people with mental health issues were being locked up in psychiatric hospitals and that it was inhumane (they had their hearts in the right place, just went about it wrong).

As such, they released a large portion of them, thinking they were helping. In turn, most just ended up homeless as they couldn't hold down jobs, etc.

Then the governments (mostly republicans, but many democrats as well) saw all this extra money in the budgets that was no longer being spent on mental health care and either cut budgets or increased spending. Now, in order to go back and start caring for those with mental illnesses, the city and state governments will either have to cut spending on other programs or increase taxes - neither of which they have the political will to do.

This is yet another example of government in general thinking it could attempt to solve a problem and just making it worse.

I really wish we would attempt to get those with mental illnesses the help they need. Most won't take the meds on their own, even if you give them to them, and it is pretty cruel to come and lock them up just because they have mental health issues. There really isn't a 'perfect' solution. It's sad.
It is a sad state of affairs that mental health care has fallen into. Those that are violent end up rotating in and out of the prison system, non violent people with mental issues are often released onto the streets due to lack of funding.

There's some initiatives to increase funding for mental care in California but it's no where as much as is needed. Every mental case is different as well so there's no "one size fits all" solution.

06-20-2019, 08:17 PM   #62
adc100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
There's some initiatives to increase funding for mental care in California
Yea the Dems in power need it for sure. Look at the Shithole SanFran has become.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 05:30 AM   #63
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Quote:
I’m not to far from you in LI and so many times a year truckers find themselves on Parkways and shear off the top of their trailers on the overpass roads and get stuck causing horrific traffic jams. The vast majority of these offenders are foreigners with little to no knowledge of the language. It happens every single day sometimes more often somewhere in the metro area. There are hundreds of other offenses every day by non English speakers and far to often with injuries and fatalities.
Yup. I'm on LI also and see it regularly on the parkways. I'm stuck here because of work and family otherwise I would be out of this shithole.
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee2236.50

06-21-2019, 05:45 AM   #64
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Same here. Were gone in a few short years and can’t wait to get away from the likes of cuomo and his kind, they ruined the state.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2
      06-21-2019, 10:42 AM   #65
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Same here. Were gone in a few short years
Cali, or the DR?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #66
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Cali, or the DR?
DR for sure. They’re going to be giving land away soon enough to get people there. We’ll live like a King and Queen. I just need to lay off the booze and get on the wagon which is ok, the wife says I drink too much anyway.
Appreciate 0