Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum How accurate is "Track My BMW"?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-14-2019, 10:54 AM   #1
Eddie_NYC
Private
United_States
48
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

How accurate is "Track My BMW"?

If its not one thing its another.... At first i was waiting on an allocation, thankfully that was secured within a few days of order. Now, I'm tracking the build of both cars through bmw's website and my car has been stuck on "Order Received" since last Friday. My fiancee's x4 says "production begins" for since last Friday as well. She has been assigned a VIN and if i call the automated system it tells me her car will be completed on 11/18 whereas my is still in the order received status.

From what i can see here most people's cars when from "received" to "production begins" with in 2 days. I dont really have the luxury of waiting as I have to give my current lease back, should i contact anyone to see what the hold up is? or is the tracking system just delayed?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #2
wtwo3
Captain
wtwo3's Avatar
479
Rep
702
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i; 2020 M340i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

I actually had the opposite happen. My 3 series went into production almost immediately, but the X5 didn't go into production until a month after placing the order.

With that said, I've found the accuracy of the tracker to be a mixed bag. It seemed to be extremely accurate with my 3 series, but with the X5 it was all over the place. The best you can do is contact BMW NA at the 800 number and provide them with your production # to see if they have an update. Other than that there's not much you can do.
__________________
2020 BMW X5 xdrive40i
2020 BMW M340i xdrive

2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400... 2010 Lexus RX 350... 2008 Lexus IS 350...
2000 Nissan Maxima GLE... 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
Eddie_NYC
Private
United_States
48
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I actually had the opposite happen. My 3 series went into production almost immediately, but the X5 didn't go into production until a month after placing the order.

With that said, I've found the accuracy of the tracker to be a mixed bag. It seemed to be extremely accurate with my 3 series, but with the X5 it was all over the place. The best you can do is contact BMW NA at the 800 number and provide them with your production # to see if they have an update. Other than that there's not much you can do.
Are you talking about the automated system with BMW NA, or a teller?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 01:14 PM   #4
wtwo3
Captain
wtwo3's Avatar
479
Rep
702
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i; 2020 M340i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_NYC View Post
Are you talking about the automated system with BMW NA, or a teller?
You can use the automated system to get a hold of a live person and ask specific questions about the build status. They're usually very willing to help in my experience.
__________________
2020 BMW X5 xdrive40i
2020 BMW M340i xdrive

2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400... 2010 Lexus RX 350... 2008 Lexus IS 350...
2000 Nissan Maxima GLE... 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 02:41 PM   #5
Rschin2
Private First Class
Rschin2's Avatar
132
Rep
167
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 //M3
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mandeville, LA

iTrader: (0)

Do you mind sharing the details of your deal? I'm curious to see what people are getting for ordered vehicles. Seems like 10% off MSRP is not difficult for cars on the lot, but not sure what dealers are doing for orders. I might order in December (fingers crossed)
__________________
previous vehicle: 2014 335i
current: 2017 F80 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #6
wtwo3
Captain
wtwo3's Avatar
479
Rep
702
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i; 2020 M340i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschin2 View Post
Do you mind sharing the details of your deal? I'm curious to see what people are getting for ordered vehicles. Seems like 10% off MSRP is not difficult for cars on the lot, but not sure what dealers are doing for orders. I might order in December (fingers crossed)
This was the deal that I got:

MSRP: $68,970
Sale Price: $62,100 (10% discount)
Incentives: $2k loyalty; $1k lease cash
Adjusted Cap Cost: $59,100

Monthly Payment: $ 658 (including tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $ 6,013 (7 MSD-$4,900 + 1st month payment-$658 + Fees-$455)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF (before MSD's): 0.00128
Residual:60%
__________________
2020 BMW X5 xdrive40i
2020 BMW M340i xdrive

2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400... 2010 Lexus RX 350... 2008 Lexus IS 350...
2000 Nissan Maxima GLE... 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 04:07 PM   #7
Eddie_NYC
Private
United_States
48
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschin2 View Post
Do you mind sharing the details of your deal? I'm curious to see what people are getting for ordered vehicles. Seems like 10% off MSRP is not difficult for cars on the lot, but not sure what dealers are doing for orders. I might order in December (fingers crossed)
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 04:39 PM   #8
Eddie_NYC
Private
United_States
48
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
You can use the automated system to get a hold of a live person and ask specific questions about the build status. They're usually very willing to help in my experience.
Spoke to a rep, they are telling me that the car will only go into production on the 50th week... which is December 9th... thats insane... i looked through the forums here and it doesnt look like anyone had issues like this...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 05:48 PM   #9
wtwo3
Captain
wtwo3's Avatar
479
Rep
702
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i; 2020 M340i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_NYC View Post
Spoke to a rep, they are telling me that the car will only go into production on the 50th week... which is December 9th... thats insane... i looked through the forums here and it doesnt look like anyone had issues like this...
So production week 50 is not bad considering you only just signed at the beginning of this month. That means your car is scheduled for production even though the online tracker may not show that yet.

Keep in mind actual "production" only takes 2-3 days, so if production actually begins on the 9th, it'll likely be ready to go by the 11th or 12th. After that is the long wait for transit from Germany. The holidays might delay things a bit so you'll likely get the car early January, but that puts you at about 2 months lead time which is perfectly normal considering the holidays in the middle of all this.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 06:17 PM   #10
Eddie_NYC
Private
United_States
48
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
So production week 50 is not bad considering you only just signed at the beginning of this month. That means your car is scheduled for production even though the online tracker may not show that yet.

Keep in mind actual "production" only takes 2-3 days, so if production actually begins on the 9th, it'll likely be ready to go by the 11th or 12th. After that is the long wait for transit from Germany. The holidays might delay things a bit so you'll likely get the car early January, but that puts you at about 2 months lead time which is perfectly normal considering the holidays in the middle of all this.
ahhh the way I understood this is that it's a month and a half to two month from that day
.... if its early jan delivery I'm of with that....
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 06:56 PM   #11
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6560
Rep
23,735
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

not sure what others have said in here, but the most accurate way it to call the 800 hotline and give them the production number thats the most accurate way other then asking your sales rep

also keep in mind sometimes a dealer won't have a allocation and they will say your car is ordered only to tell you production is WAY later then you expected. Good rule of thumb, no production number right at the beginning means no allocation
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach:jbach@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #12
Eddie_NYC
Private
United_States
48
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
not sure what others have said in here, but the most accurate way it to call the 800 hotline and give them the production number thats the most accurate way other then asking your sales rep

also keep in mind sometimes a dealer won't have a allocation and they will say your car is ordered only to tell you production is WAY later then you expected. Good rule of thumb, no production number right at the beginning means no allocation
correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way you can have a production number is if the dealer has already submitted the paperwork to bmw, meaning that they already have and submitted their allocation
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 07:14 AM   #13
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6560
Rep
23,735
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_NYC View Post
correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way you can have a production number is if the dealer has already submitted the paperwork to bmw, meaning that they already have and submitted their allocation
yes if they have a allocation they will give you a production number with a estimated production week. the production week can vary from time to time thats out of the dealers hands but if they can't provide you with a production number it means they dont currently have a allocation and are waiting/hoping to get one the following month.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach:jbach@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 08:13 AM   #14
Rschin2
Private First Class
Rschin2's Avatar
132
Rep
167
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 //M3
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mandeville, LA

iTrader: (0)

Seems like a pretty good deal
__________________
previous vehicle: 2014 335i
current: 2017 F80 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 09:28 AM   #15
Eddie_NYC
Private
United_States
48
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschin2 View Post
Seems like a pretty good deal
My initial MSRP was a $1000 less... My monthly quote was $580 for that, I changed my color which increased the price and got a new quote of $610, but those were the best prices I got from all the local dealers.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 10:59 PM   #16
Rschin2
Private First Class
Rschin2's Avatar
132
Rep
167
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 //M3
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mandeville, LA

iTrader: (0)

What MF were they offering before putting down the MSDs? Did they go with the full mark up?
__________________
previous vehicle: 2014 335i
current: 2017 F80 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 12:29 AM   #17
Eddie_NYC
Private
United_States
48
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschin2 View Post
What MF were they offering before putting down the MSDs? Did they go with the full mark up?
Not sure what the MF was... I have no MSD's in this deal, it was 2k down which include all the fees and first month, plus whatever dmv will charge
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #18
gofast182
First Lieutenant
259
Rep
350
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Speaking of which, mine has been saying it's at the port in Charleston for 9 days. If I call the 800 number BMW says it left the port a few days ago and is due at the Performance Center today.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 01:52 PM   #19
Eddie_NYC
Private
United_States
48
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast182 View Post
Speaking of which, mine has been saying it's at the port in Charleston for 9 days. If I call the 800 number BMW says it left the port a few days ago and is due at the Performance Center today.
my status change to "scheduled for production".... hopefully you get yours! my fiancee x4 should be here anyday too
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 05:55 AM   #20
gofast182
First Lieutenant
259
Rep
350
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Mine has been "at the port" in Charleston for 13 days, since 11/9. When I call BMW they say it was released to the carrier on 11/15. This means it's taking a week for it to get from Charleston to Spartanburg?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 07:50 PM   #21
Jmatt07
Private
15
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: 2019 330i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Savannah GA

iTrader: (0)

The track my bmw thing was very inaccurate for me. It would show up as in transit for a couple weeks, then go back to "at the port" for many days to back to in transit. I did PCD and the tracker said "in transit" up to my delivery day. Totally inaccurate considering my car was sitting at the performance center for a month before my pcd date.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #22
Carib_Sailor
New Member
United_States
12
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: M340i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Miami, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_NYC View Post
my status change to "scheduled for production".... hopefully you get yours! my fiancee x4 should be here anyday too
Hey

Did your car got Dispatched from the factory? Mine does. lets see how long takes to arrive to the US and then to the dealer in Miami.

Ed
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST