Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Tracking from Port Through VPC?

12-04-2019, 07:10 AM   #1
my1ofakindself
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

Tracking from Port Through VPC?

Wondering if anyone has any advice or if I just need to be patient and suffer through the waiting..

So thanks to the work done by some of the great folks in this forum, I’ve been able to track my vehicle through the production process and track the ship across its journey to Port of Baltimore. The ship carrying my car arrived around 5am Sunday morning (Dec. 1) and is now on its way to Malta. This is right in line with the estimated arrival date of Dec. 1 I received from BMW Genius line when they told me the name of the ship so I could track. I reached out to my CA Dec. 2 to ask if he had an ETA on when the vehicle would arrive as I know it will take some time to go through customs, VPC, etc. He said my vehicle should be arriving to port any day now and I did not shared with him that the ship had in fact arrived to port the morning prior as I understand BMW’s system hadn’t had time to update and the car was not yet to the VPC for BMW to know it had arrived. I called the BMW Genius line Dec. 3 to see if they had any updates and they told me the car should be arriving at port any day now. I understand BMW has no way of knowing the car is actually here until it gets through customs and actually gets checked in at the VPC, so my question is, is there any way to actually track it as it goes through the VPC? As it stands now, the car is sort of in a black hole and I’m not sure if there even is any way to track it. I tried to register my email on the United Road website per the tracking sticky that details how to track your car, but apparently my local dealership doesn’t use United Road because I ran about 15 different VINs from their inventory into the Delivery Receipt tool in hopes of being able to track my own car but none of them returned any result, so it seems like that piece of the tracking is out, which leaves me with just waiting on my CA to contact me to let me know the car has arrived. Since my car did not ship via Wallenius & Wilhelmsen, I can’t use their handy tool to see when the car is through customs and released to the VPC. I believe I’ve done by diligence based on all of the tips and tricks I’ve found in this forum so I apologize if this is redundant, but is there anything I’m missing or do I just need to sit tight? It’s my first BMW so I’m just a little anxious!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
gofast182
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

The only way to accomplish this, and it's not very detailed, is to call the 800 number (1-800-831-1117). They have more detailed information. Also your dealer is the only one who can see if a work order was opened against the car at the VDC (like for repairs).
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 04:48 PM   #3
my1ofakindself
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast182 View Post
The only way to accomplish this, and it's not very detailed, is to call the 800 number (1-800-831-1117). They have more detailed information. Also your dealer is the only one who can see if a work order was opened against the car at the VDC (like for repairs).
I’ll follow your advice and just call them until they give me good news thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 06:34 PM   #4
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Not sure if there's a way to track it through the VPC, but since it's been at the port for a few days now, unless there's a problem it should have already cleared the VPC and should be at the dealer any day now. My guess is you'll have your car by Saturday if not sooner.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 09:04 PM   #5
MineralM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 M340xi

My m340 also arrived in Baltimore on the Victoria Highway on Nov 27th and then moved down to Brunswick Georgia. They told me my car will be at my dealer in NC on Dec 11th for Pick Up.

I would just hold tight if I were you.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 06:29 AM   #6
my1ofakindself
Rep

*update* It'll be arriving at the dealership Monday per the BMW Genius line. I appreciate everyone's replies...just gotta sit tight for a little longer!
Appreciate 0