Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications How does Mission Performance add or retain remote start? Sharing Pic & Video

12-16-2020, 02:03 PM   #1
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

How does Mission Performance add or retain remote start? Sharing Pic & Video

**updated on 12.17.20 with corrected info from Patgilm (thanks Patgilm)**

I've commented on this a couple times before in other posts but in that I keep getting questions on it (all good ) I figure I'd share some additional details.
  • Presently any flash tune (Mission Performance, MHD, Carbauhn, BM3 etc...) will kill your remote start (don't ask me why I have no idea)
  • Presently Mission Performance is the only tuner that has a work around
  • If your car came with remote start you can keep it after being MP flashed
  • If your car didn't come with remote start (like mine) it can be added
  • Work around is you have to leave your key card in the charging tray (see pics)
  • Remote start works with your oem key
  • Not sure if MP is making this available as a stand alone option
  • Free if your car came from the factory with remote start
  • $300.00 if your did not come from the factory with remote start
Hope this helps...

ps- Not a feature I would have typically paid for but my kids thought it would be cool so what the hell it's fun

Attached Images

Last edited by chenry; 12-17-2020 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: Updated
Appreciate 2
EXE462101.50
      12-16-2020, 06:14 PM   #2
tarrant64
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

While it's cool MP can keep the remote start feature or add it if you don't have it enabled, I don't understand the costs for what likely amounts to coding. Especially for a vehicle that has remote start to begin with. It's just a rant, but basically you'r telling me I paid for performance enhancements, and now I have to pay even more to keep something I had in the first place? Come on...lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 08:52 PM   #3
NoTanks52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Thanks Chenry, it’s cool to get the remote start feature added if your car didn’t come with it.
I don’t understand one thing tho about the tune in regard to updates.
After the tune, have you had to dealer or OTA update your vehicle software yet?

Wondering what happens to the tune and the Bench unlock if you had to get that done. Can you remote tune your car yourself after update, or do you need to take it back to mission to unlock and tune once again?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 11:52 PM   #4
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT-R, X7 M50i, M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrant64 View Post
While it's cool MP can keep the remote start feature or add it if you don't have it enabled, I don't understand the costs for what likely amounts to coding. Especially for a vehicle that has remote start to begin with. It's just a rant, but basically you'r telling me I paid for performance enhancements, and now I have to pay even more to keep something I had in the first place? Come on...lol.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you are saying but if you already paid for remote start from the factory you don’t have to pay again, it’s still there. I have remote start from the factory and it’s still there, you don’t have to pay again. You just have to keep the key card in the wireless charger as chenry shows above.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 12:48 AM   #5
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patgilm View Post
Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you are saying but if you already paid for remote start from the factory you don’t have to pay again, it’s still there. I have remote start from the factory and it’s still there, you don’t have to pay again. You just have to keep the key card in the wireless charger as chenry shows above.
I believe you have to pay MP to enable remote start even if your car came with it in the first place (in the op, chenry says in the last point that one has to pay to enable/keep the functionality).
Keeping the key card in the tray after tuning alone won't enable remote start. I'm guessing there's some coding involved too.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 07:26 AM   #6
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT-R, X7 M50i, M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
I believe you have to pay MP to enable remote start even if your car came with it in the first place (in the op, chenry says in the last point that one has to pay to enable/keep the functionality).
Keeping the key card in the tray after tuning alone won't enable remote start. I'm guessing there's some coding involved too.
No that’s incorrect. I think chenry didn’t explain it correctly. I have first hand experience that this isn’t true.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1949.00
      12-17-2020, 12:05 PM   #7
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patgilm View Post
No that’s incorrect. I think chenry didn’t explain it correctly. I have first hand experience that this isn’t true.
Thanks for the clarification and sorry for any confusion I may have caused anyone. I have updated the original post
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1949.00
      12-18-2020, 03:20 PM   #8
Pskinner21
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i. 2020 SQ8

Finally got my key card. With MP tune and remote start from factory, my remote start is back in action. Literally just laid it in my charging bay, car recognized and asked if it would like me to activate. Stepped out of car and remote started using key fob. Easy peazy, and you are NOT charged as an add on if it came remote start from factory
Appreciate 2
chenry2360.00