Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Remote Cockpit commands failing

02-11-2021, 05:14 AM   #1
Minato
Registered
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Remote Cockpit commands failing

I purchased a 2020 BMW 340i here in Tokyo. I love the car, but I am noting that the BMW Connected Drive Remote Cockpit controls as seen from my iphone seem inconsistent. The fuel remaining and the status of locks, windows, etc. seems to be up to date, but remote commands seem to (almost) always fail. When I was in the car the other day (with the engine off), I sent a command to lock the doors and it worked. Every other time (perhaps 10 or so times in total), the remote command to lock the doors failed. In addition, the remote view seems to always fail. Is this something unqiue to me or are others having trouble getting remote commands to work?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 05:19 AM   #2
Amos91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 320d

I'd say it's never perfect but works most times okay. Obviously the car needs a data connection so mobile signal will impact the ability for commands to run.
Appreciate 0