Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Annoying “Notification” re. iPod every time car is started

02-09-2021, 07:07 AM   #1
NthKent
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Annoying “Notification” re. iPod every time car is started

Hi Everyone,

I’ve always used an iPod Touch stored and charged in the centre armrest of my previous 2018 440i Coupe without any issues.

However, in my 2020 M340i my iPod is now connected via a USBC socket in the centre armrest but everytime I start the car I get a notification saying I can install the ConnectedDrive app on my iPod. The problem is that the App Store won’t allow the download as the iPod Touch apparently doesn’t have the required capabilities.

Has anyone got any idea about how to stop this annoying issue?

I do not want to use WiFi to run the iPod as I want to have it constantly charged in the armrest and then just forget about it. I charge my iPhone on the wireless charger and sometimes use Spotify but when I want to access all my iTunes library, it’s easier to do this via my iPod.

Why can’t you permanently dismiss the notification that is shown every time you start the car!?

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 09:24 AM   #2
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340I

I had forgotten about this invitation to install an app for an Ipod. I don't recall seeing it lately, wonder if it went away with a software update. I am on 07/2020.54.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 01:12 PM   #3
RedKloud
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Yes, I get it all the time... annoying.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 06:57 PM   #4
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NthKent View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've always used an iPod Touch stored and charged in the centre armrest of my previous 2018 440i Coupe without any issues.

However, in my 2020 M340i my iPod is now connected via a USBC socket in the centre armrest but everytime I start the car I get a notification saying I can install the ConnectedDrive app on my iPod. The problem is that the App Store won't allow the download as the iPod Touch apparently doesn't have the required capabilities.

Has anyone got any idea about how to stop this annoying issue?

I do not want to use WiFi to run the iPod as I want to have it constantly charged in the armrest and then just forget about it. I charge my iPhone on the wireless charger and sometimes use Spotify but when I want to access all my iTunes library, it's easier to do this via my iPod.

Why can't you permanently dismiss the notification that is shown every time you start the car!?

Any ideas?
Can you turn it off in the notifications area ? Tilt controller forward and select notifications, settings. There are several settings.availsblr .I think I turned the automate habits setting off and got rid of several annoying notifications.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 11:53 AM   #5
NthKent
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiTourer View Post
Can you turn it off in the notifications area ? Tilt controller forward and select notifications, settings. There are several settings.availsblr .I think I turned the automate habits setting off and got rid of several annoying notifications.
I’ve already checked the settings area and there is nothing to prevent this type of notification. However, I might try your suggestion of preventing the car trying to “learn” my actions!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 06:54 AM   #6
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Hi,

When I used my iPod in my car, I got the same warning, but haven't tried it since OTA 07/2020.54 update

The real kick is that the App store will not let you download to an iPod

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0