Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics G20 676 HiFi Audio Wiring diagram?

02-12-2021, 08:11 PM   #1
PKells
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i x drive

G20 676 HiFi Audio Wiring diagram?

I am looking to add an aftermarket amp/sub to the trunk of my 2020 330i with the HiFi Audio system.

Using a line output converter I thought I would just tap into a rear deck speaker like I did in my previous vehicle...but I have no rear deck speakers so instead thinking I can use a T tap off wiring from RAM in trunk.

Looking for a diagram so I can determine which color wire(s) go to underseat subs so I can tap into one of them.

Anybody have one they can share, or will I need to bite the bullet and subscribe to bmwtis.com for awhile?

Thank you in advance.

PS: I did do several searches on the forums trying to see if this had been answered previously but only saw reference to HK system. If I did somehow miss finding the proper post please go easy on me 😁
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 12:47 AM   #2
TropikThunder
Private
Rep
Drives: current: 330i next: x3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKells View Post
I am looking to add an aftermarket amp/sub to the trunk of my 2020 330i with the HiFi Audio system.

Using a line output converter I thought I would just tap into a rear deck speaker like I did in my previous vehicle...but I have no rear deck speakers so instead thinking I can use a T tap off wiring from RAM in trunk.

Looking for a diagram so I can determine which color wire(s) go to underseat subs so I can tap into one of them.

Anybody have one they can share, or will I need to bite the bullet and subscribe to bmwtis.com for awhile?

Thank you in advance.

PS: I did do several searches on the forums trying to see if this had been answered previously but only saw reference to HK system. If I did somehow miss finding the proper post please go easy on me 😁
Technic makes a couple adaptor harnesses for adding a sub to the newer RAM systems:
https://technicpnp.com/product/hifi-...-systems-copy/
I'm not sure which option is the best for your situation, maybe shoot them an email.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 11:35 AM   #3
PKells
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I have ordered the harness from Technic Pnp. Now just need to hope they include good documentation with it
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2021, 11:59 PM   #4
rtorres1991
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Quote:
I have ordered the harness from Technic Pnp. Now just need to hope they include good documentation with it
nice. let me know how the installation goes. I'm also in the same situation and want to install an aftermarket amp+sub in the trunk of my 2020 330i

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 06:52 PM   #5
PKells
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtorres1991 View Post
nice. let me know how the installation goes. I'm also in the same situation and want to install an aftermarket amp+sub in the trunk of my 2020 330i

I ordered and received the Technic "PNP HiFi (Option 676) Add-a-Sub Harness for RAM audio systems" and opened up trunk lining this weekend to see how I can go about install. Looks like it will be relatively easy and I'll post back and update when I've completed the job in next week or so....assuming I can deal with the extreme cold here in the Northeast.

Plan to take some pics as well to help anyone else to wants to do the same on their 330i.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 12:03 AM   #6
TropikThunder
Private
Rep
Drives: current: 330i next: x3 M40i

Quote:
I ordered and received the Technic "PNP HiFi (Option 676) Add-a-Sub Harness for RAM audio systems" and opened up trunk lining this weekend to see how I can go about install. Looks like it will be relatively easy and I'll post back and update when I've completed the job in next week or so....assuming I can deal with the extreme cold here in the Northeast.

Plan to take some pics as well to help anyone else to wants to do the same on their 330i.
Looking forward to it! Technic can be hard to get ahold of some times, but they/he make good stuff.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 04:50 PM   #7
PKells
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropikThunder View Post
Looking forward to it! Technic can be hard to get ahold of some times, but they/he make good stuff.
I just posted a new thread with the title "G20 Aftermarket Amp\Sub Install Guide" which includes a document with step by step instructions if you want to check it out
Appreciate 0