Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics When iDrive goes to sleep, I have to unplug my iPod and plug it back in again

03-05-2020, 04:03 PM   #1
Karl V
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sideways

When iDrive goes to sleep, I have to unplug my iPod and plug it back in again

So I've had the M340i for almost a week now and have almost everything set up as I want it, but there is 1 thing I can't quite figure out. I've searched here as best I can, but now need to 'ask a friend'...

iPod Nano works no problem when plugged in to the USB C connector in the armrest socket. Track controls / album art / playlists, you name it... But after the iDrive goes to sleep, I have to unplug the iPod and plug it back in again to be able to use it.

I'm gonna try the USB A connector by the cup holders next, but wondered if there was a trick to having it work as it has done on other cars in the armrest socket? Not really sure I want an iPod rolling about up front when it could be tucked away - if this does reconnect as I hope it does.

Other than that, love the car and this forum is great source of info!

Thanks in advance.
      03-06-2020, 03:11 AM   #2
Karl V
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sideways

Confirmed - the USB A connector by the cup holders 'remembers' the iPod, so it's just trying to figure out why the USB C connector in the armrest needs the iPod unplugging / plugging in again each time.

Anyone seen something similar?