Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - Northwest favorite tire shops in Seattle area?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-09-2020, 06:47 PM   #1
pneumodoc
First Lieutenant
pneumodoc's Avatar
117
Rep
308
Posts

Drives: G20, G01
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

favorite tire shops in Seattle area?

I bought a set of take off wheels for the winter (the standard 18" wheels for the 330i). Will need to buy winter tires/TPMS sensors, and wondering if anyone has a preferred tire shop. Anyone with experience with using tirerack and buying it all online and using their install shops? As an aside, would even consider a place that does tire storage (so I don't have to put my summers in my storage unit). Obviously this won't be necessary until November or so.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 02:15 PM   #2
TTG
...
TTG's Avatar
United_States
578
Rep
4,036
Posts

Drives: M340
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
If and when I need tires I go to Discount tire and have been very happy with their service over the years.

I also heard great things about TruLine https://trulineseattle.com/
__________________
2020 G20 M340 xDrive - Portimao Blue - ZDA|ZPP|ZPX|1CR|1PE|6NW|6WD
2016 F10 535i xDrive - AW - Retired
2011 E92 M3 - AW……………....ED April 29th, 2010 - Retired
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 1
pneumodoc117.00

      10-03-2020, 09:54 PM   #3
pneumodoc
First Lieutenant
pneumodoc's Avatar
117
Rep
308
Posts

Drives: G20, G01
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
If and when I need tires I go to Discount tire and have been very happy with their service over the years.

I also heard great things about TruLine https://trulineseattle.com/
Awesome thanks! I'll likely get some Pirelli Sotozero 3 non run flats with TPMS sensors from discount tire soon to go with my 18" take off wheels. When do you guys generally switch over in seattle? I feel like we might still see a few more 60F+ days this month, so don't want to damage new winter tires.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 05:55 PM   #4
TTG
...
TTG's Avatar
United_States
578
Rep
4,036
Posts

Drives: M340
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
I usually install my winter set in mid-Nov and take them off in April.....of course it all depends if you travel through the mountains & etc.

I ordered the G20 with all season go flats and won't be switching anything over. Its so nice not to store another set of wheels & tires.
__________________
2020 G20 M340 xDrive - Portimao Blue - ZDA|ZPP|ZPX|1CR|1PE|6NW|6WD
2016 F10 535i xDrive - AW - Retired
2011 E92 M3 - AW……………....ED April 29th, 2010 - Retired
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 06:05 PM   #5
pneumodoc
First Lieutenant
pneumodoc's Avatar
117
Rep
308
Posts

Drives: G20, G01
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
I usually install my winter set in mid-Nov and take them off in April.....of course it all depends if you travel through the mountains & etc.

I ordered the G20 with all season go flats and won't be switching anything over. Its so nice not to store another set of wheels & tires.
Thanks! I wound up switching mine last week to sotozerro 3 go flats. I start driving to work at 6am and the few days it got close to 45 make the run flat summers feel like rocks..The pirelli sotozerros are much nicer. Will be using it to go up to stevens pass once the lifts open
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 06:36 PM   #6
TTG
...
TTG's Avatar
United_States
578
Rep
4,036
Posts

Drives: M340
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumodoc View Post
Thanks! I wound up switching mine last week to sotozerro 3 go flats. I start driving to work at 6am and the few days it got close to 45 make the run flat summers feel like rocks..The pirelli sotozerros are much nicer. Will be using it to go up to stevens pass once the lifts open
Those should serve you well. Hope we get tons of snow this year to make all the other nastiness a bit more bearable.
__________________
2020 G20 M340 xDrive - Portimao Blue - ZDA|ZPP|ZPX|1CR|1PE|6NW|6WD
2016 F10 535i xDrive - AW - Retired
2011 E92 M3 - AW……………....ED April 29th, 2010 - Retired
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 1
pneumodoc117.00

      11-09-2020, 06:43 PM   #7
HapkidoNinja
Private First Class
HapkidoNinja's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
131
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
If and when I need tires I go to Discount tire and have been very happy with their service over the years.

I also heard great things about TruLine https://trulineseattle.com/
I have used Tru-line consistently since 2013 with one exception when I went to Discount in Totem Lake because Tru-line was booked out for a week. That ended up costing me 2 weeks as Discount stripped the threads on two rotors when remounting the tires. Yes, to my disbelief they did it twice in the same service session!

Sticking to Tru-line for all my tire needs.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 06:45 PM   #8
HapkidoNinja
Private First Class
HapkidoNinja's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
131
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Those should serve you well. Hope we get tons of snow this year to make all the other nastiness a bit more bearable.
I still hope not. Most drivers in Seattle/Eastside think that because they have an SUV they are invulnerable when it comes to driving in snow.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 08:27 PM   #9
TTG
...
TTG's Avatar
United_States
578
Rep
4,036
Posts

Drives: M340
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HapkidoNinja View Post
I still hope not. Most drivers in Seattle/Eastside think that because they have an SUV they are invulnerable when it comes to driving in snow.
Or in rain or in sunshine or you name it
__________________
2020 G20 M340 xDrive - Portimao Blue - ZDA|ZPP|ZPX|1CR|1PE|6NW|6WD
2016 F10 535i xDrive - AW - Retired
2011 E92 M3 - AW……………....ED April 29th, 2010 - Retired
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST