Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 2023 M340i Blind Spot Detection Completely Off

03-26-2024, 04:05 PM   #1
shhhpark
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 Portimao Blue M340i

2023 M340i Blind Spot Detection Completely Off

Hi all,

I have a fairly new 2023 M340i and had a couple instances where blind spot detection won't be active. It's only happened twice from what I recall so I don't really have any idea how to re-create it other than the vehicle was remote started in the most recent instance of it occurring. The light on the mirror wouldnt light up even at a red light surrounded by cars. Has anyone experienced this before?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 05:54 PM   #2
Eljefe25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i xdrive

I don’t think it lights up when the car is stationary. If it doesn’t light up at all, check that it’s not turned off. It’s under driving settings I believe .
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      03-26-2024, 05:58 PM   #3
BimmersAndBoilermakers
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 330xi

The blind spot detection has an algorithm behind it that tells it when to activate and when not to. It’s not as simple as if a car is in your blind spot it will activate.

As an example, if you pass a car fairly quickly the blind spot won’t activate because, by BMWs default algorithm, it assumes that you know a car is there since you just passed it. The only times the blind spot will activate is if a car is passing you or you are passing a car quite slowly and it remains in your blind spot for some prolonged period of time.

I had the same question when I first got my vehicle and had to do some digging to figure that out. Hope that helps!
Appreciate 2
      03-26-2024, 06:00 PM   #4
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

There’s a minimum speed you have to be going which is “country specific” according to the manual. Mine doesn’t light sitting in traffic surrounded by cars.

It should flash when you unlock your car though to let you know it’s enabled.
      03-31-2024, 01:51 AM   #5
dhock_holiday
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Jetta

BMW has a crappiest Blindspot implementation ever. I can barely ever see the triangle in the sunlight and there’s no audio alert either.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 07:07 AM   #6
BrianHenley
Registered
Rep
Drives: m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmersAndBoilermakers View Post
The blind spot detection has an algorithm behind it that tells it when to activate and when not to. It’s not as simple as if a car is in your blind spot it will activate.

As an example, if you pass a car fairly quickly the blind spot won’t activate because, by BMWs default algorithm, it assumes that you know a car is there since you just passed it. The only times the blind spot will activate is if a car is passing you or you are passing a car quite slowly and it remains in your blind spot for some prolonged period of time.

Thank you for helping me out. I appreciate you. You helped me a lot and saved me time. but I know one more thing that saves me so much time. I am a student, and the thing I hate most is writing because I am very poor at it. If you also feel that way, you can visit https://canadianwritings.com/ my personal favorite website, which I use for my work. They're fast, affordable, and professional in their work, which is something that one can ask for.

I had the same question when I first got my vehicle and had to do some digging to figure that out. Hope that helps!
Thank you for helping me out. I appreciate you.

Last edited by BrianHenley; 04-19-2024 at 06:59 AM..
Appreciate 0