Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e 1 year nearly 50k miles

12-20-2020, 03:45 AM   #1
47yellow
Rep
Drives: Golf GTD, Mercedes C class

330e 1 year nearly 50k miles

My 330e company car is coming up to its first birthday and second service.

It's a 330e M Sport with metallic paint and driver assurance pro.

I run a small company covering the whole of the UK. I estimated my mileage would be 50k a year I am currently on 48,700 so my estimation is spot on. Even with the pandemic I have still been working and racking up the miles.

The good:
Perfect spec for me. I prefer comfort vs sport
Idrive is the best infotainment on the market.
Spotify integration is brilliant
Comfy drive vs my golf gtd
Love the pre heating. No de-icing required and it's nice and warm for my early starts.
My last 3 cars had radar cruise and I use it all the time it's perfect when following any vehicle. The driver assistance I only use on motorways as on single lanes I do not like how it steers.
I've debadged it as customers kept thinking it had a 3 litre engine. I like have a debadged 330e

The bad
Frustrates me when the BMW app doesn't work. Especially for pre heating. I've experienced the Mercedes Me app and that works every time
Boot space is not practical. Larger boxes have to go on the back seat
The removal of office 365 as I used this feature for my work emails. I know this is down to MS
There is now an elbow shaped dent in my armrest from a lot of miles
Cleaning the lower part of the bumper with the plastic holes!

The ugly
I wish I had been brave and gone for orange over grey
It's first service at bmw derby was a poor experience. Next week it goes into Leicester

I have two more years left on the lease but I'm always thinking about the next car. The winner at the moment is a 330e M Sport touring. Just need to see if it will fit my steel plates. Failing that I do like the look of the facelift f pace hybrid.

For a car that has done 50k miles in 12 months it still feels new.
Appreciate 2
      12-20-2020, 05:47 AM   #2
Jgr1249
Private
Rep
Drives: G20

Great review - I’ve the same car and agree with all your points
Out of interest - would you be willing to share how much the monthly is on a 50k pa lease? Never seen one before..but I like the sound of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47yellow View Post
My 330e company car is coming up to its first birthday and second service.

It's a 330e M Sport with metallic paint and driver assurance pro.

I run a small company covering the whole of the UK. I estimated my mileage would be 50k a year I am currently on 48,700 so my estimation is spot on. Even with the pandemic I have still been working and racking up the miles.

The good:
Idrive is the best infotainment on the market.
Spotify integration is brilliant
Comfy drive vs my golf gtd
Love the pre heating. No de-icing required and it's nice and warm for my early starts.
My last 3 cars had radar cruise and I use it all the time it's perfect when following any vehicle. The driver assistance I only use on motorways as on single lanes I do not like how it steers.
I've debadged it as customers kept thinking it had a 3 litre engine. I like have a debadged 330e

The bad
Frustrates me when the BMW app doesn't work. Especially for pre heating. I've experienced the Mercedes Me app and that works every time
Boot space is not practical. Larger boxes have to go on the back seat
The removal of office 365 as I used this feature for my work emails. I know this is down to MS
There is now an elbow shaped dent in my armrest from a lot of miles
Cleaning the lower part of the bumper with the plastic holes!

The ugly
I wish I had been brave and gone for orange over grey
It's first service at bmw derby was a poor experience. Next week it goes into Leicester

I have two more years left on the lease but I'm always thinking about the next car. The winner at the moment is a 330e M Sport touring. Just need to see if it will fit my steel plates. Failing that I do like the look of the facelift f pace hybrid.

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 05:48 AM   #3
Jgr1249
Private
Rep
Drives: G20

Just re read and saw it’s a company car !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgr1249 View Post
Great review - I’ve the same car and agree with all your points
Out of interest - would you be willing to share how much the monthly is on a 50k pa lease? Never seen one before..but I like the sound of it!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 06:49 AM   #4
ryanm7
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport (On Order)

Quote:
Over the 50k miles, what's your overall fuel economy been like? And do you charge it regularly?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 09:14 AM   #5
47yellow
Rep
Drives: Golf GTD, Mercedes C class

Cost is £640 ex vat per month with a 9 month deposit

Originally I was planning on a Passat GTE but that came out at £80 a month more.

I charge every time I'm at the office and 90% when at home.

Economy if my wife drives approx 80 mile journey around 55mpg. My driving style I get 42mpg. Local journeys fully electric and I make use of free charging points with my type 2 cable.
I am very fortunate that my company pays fuel.

The major reason for getting this car is the tax benefit. The plus side is I really enjoy the electric driving
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 10:47 AM   #6
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

What a great report!. Good to know its run well.
I know exactly what you mean about BMW Derby.
I also was really miffed at Office 365 going - without notice or an explanation or a replacement.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 10:54 AM   #7
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

What a great report!. Good to know its run well.
I know exactly what you mean about BMW Derby.
I also was really miffed at Office 365 going - without notice or an explanation or a replacement.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 12:31 PM   #8
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 330e M Sport

Wow, that a lot of miles! Been in a job before where I did 30k a year and really don't miss doing that much driving.

Got mine in June and it's just clicked on to 3,000! Normally do 8-10k a year but not been out and about much this year for some reason...

Gone: '18 Golf GTI Performance DSG in Tungsten
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 01:18 PM   #9
Amos91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 320d

Quote:
No wonder, how do you do any worthwhile work at that mileage 😂
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 12:26 PM   #10
Robsa
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
The good:
Hello! Thats some mileage you've done! This quote confused me a bit; if you prefer comfort over sport why didn't you go for the SE? The M Sport is not 'comfort'! I had a G20 320i M Sport earlier in the year, and I loved it, but didn't like the way it tram-lined and skittered over poor road surfaces, and although the ride was bearable, I wanted something a bit softer, so I ordered a 330e SE Pro. I'm so glad I did, the ride is, for me, far nicer on the terrible Sussex roads I have to navigate. The M Sport looks better though, and if I was in my twenties I would have gone for it, but I'm 50 now and very glad I ordered the SE.

I don't think I have seen another 330e SE yet, and there isn't a single review of one on youTube!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 02:20 PM   #11
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsa View Post
Hello! Thats some mileage you've done! This quote confused me a bit; if you prefer comfort over sport why didn't you go for the SE? The M Sport is not 'comfort'! I had a G20 320i M Sport earlier in the year, and I loved it, but didn't like the way it tram-lined and skittered over poor road surfaces, and although the ride was bearable, I wanted something a bit softer, so I ordered a 330e SE Pro. I'm so glad I did, the ride is, for me, far nicer on the terrible Sussex roads I have to navigate. The M Sport looks better though, and if I was in my twenties I would have gone for it, but I'm 50 now and very glad I ordered the SE.

I don't think I have seen another 330e SE yet, and there isn't a single review of one on youTube!
The 330e M Sport doesn't have the lowered stiffer suspension so it rides really well so you actually get the sport looks with comfort! The 320i you borrowed would have had M Sport suspension.

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2020, 01:57 AM   #12
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport '21

Quote:
This quote confused me a bit; if you prefer comfort over sport why didn't you go for the SE? The M Sport is not 'comfort'!
I think the OP meant Comfort setting vs Sport setting as opposed to the car model
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 11:47 AM   #13
Robsa
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_330e View Post
The 330e M Sport doesn't have the lowered stiffer suspension so it rides really well so you actually get the sport looks with comfort! The 320i you borrowed would have had M Sport suspension.
True, but it still has 19" alloys and run-flats doesn't it? My SE has 17" and non-run-flats. I was going to say 'little' about my 17" alloys! I remember when 15" car alloys were considered huge!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 03:46 AM   #14
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
True, but it still has 19" alloys and run-flats doesn't it? My SE has 17" and non-run-flats. I was going to say 'little' about my 17" alloys! I remember when 15" car alloys were considered huge!
Not sure if the 19s are run-flats but the 18s aren't. So it's a very good ride, less harsh than my previous car - Mk7.5 GTI on 18s.

Appreciate 0