Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
your trucks are older than my brother who's 17

i'm walking away from the lawns don't worry
That made me laugh.

My husband loves the engine in his truck and uses it only to tow. He has a new company truck but isn't allowed to tow with it.

I also told him if I got the X5 there was no new truck on the horizon. Those trucks have gotten outrageous in price but I mean so is a 70-100k SUV.
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2020, 09:33 AM   #3940
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
You win on the old bus. No wonder you have a bad taste in your mouth.
I want to thank you for actually opening my eyes. I LOVE driving that van, and I guess I just forgot that it was a Ford and I could just get a different "body" on the same drive train.

After the first couple of trips across the country to visit grandparents in the Beetle (I can still smell that black plastic seat melting as we went across the Mojave with no A/C, dad had clippers and stopped in a rest stop to shave me and my brother's hair) he always bought conversion vans. Those were cool!

One time, SOMEBODY might have hacked a gallon ziplock of "hemp" from grandpa's garden and stuffed it under the fridge/cooler and freaked all the way from Iowa to Cali as it started to reak the whole van, so much so he even slept in the van at night just in case.
Appreciate 1
rebekahb478.00

05-27-2020, 03:20 PM   #3941
Turkish Pickle
i want the girl, but not what she's going through
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive

the new 4er "teaser" looks very pretty. renders did not tell the whole story

rumors of all of G22 to come as mild hybrid and G20 to follow shortly. that would mean the M340i/M440i is going to be an absolute ROCKET

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 03:19 AM   #3942
213e90n51
Lieutenant
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, Honda Civic Hat

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
2019 Honda Civic Ha ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I have F150 fever
I'm beginning to consider a look at a new truck, and pretty much thought I'd just leave Ford off the list
My husband has F350 dually fever.

Why leave Ford off? Just curious.
Just something in the back of my head that Ford was bottom of the barrel
Not so much especially in the days of the 7.3L diesel that was a work horse. My husband still has one that people want to buy all the time. They went through a phase after that where people didn't love the engine change they made. They revamped & been pretty solid in the Diesel engine for the past few years.

As far as gas, the F150 has the same option as the Explorer Sport. I went with a Ford Explorer Sport in 2012 that had the V6 twin turbo eco boost & it was a solid motor. I need a SUV with ass in it or it's just a grocery getter to me. Also, in that time I looked at the technology across the board of various models & Ford did a great job from a pricing standpoint of not charging for all the extra options.

I have never been a Chevy or Dodge person. Never a fan of their designs. Toyota just doesn't seem like a real truck to me.
Well I've been driving my GMC Sonoma since 02 (get off my lawn) and the thing has survived thru the hell of 3 boys learning to drive stick. One smashed the front into a Range Rover. I got plowed in the back twice. I finally had to replace the transmission last year

Duelly would be cool if I win Lotto and buy a boat!!
That's why he wants a bigger truck. He can tow just fine with his 01 F250 (older than your Chevy so get off his lawn&#128514 but he likes the foot print of the dually with higher towing capacity. We do have a larger boat that can only be towed with a bigger truck. The fishing boat can be towed with the X5 if I add a stealth hitch on it.

Boat (break out another thousand) is a very true statement.
The honda ridgeline is good with nice looks and strong V6 like a tacoma. Hit vtec while pulling ur load
      05-30-2020, 03:39 PM   #3943
Nuckle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

It is not possible for me to care less if an adult wants to smoke pot. I don't give a shit if it's good for you, bad for you, medicinal or just helps you focus. I have smoke pot before and it was fun but don't now because I like my job. All that said, we have been in Destin FL for a couple days now and we love to sit on the balcony at night. It would be awesome if we didn't have to smell what I can only describe as a skunk with raging diarrhea the entire time we are sitting out there. The shit stinks terribly, it is repulsive. It's the reason we won't be going back to San Francisco ever again. That is some stinky shit y'all smoking! Please be considerate pot heads. Thanks.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt7172.00
TrevorM31799.00

05-30-2020, 04:24 PM   #3944
upstatedoc
pew pew
Rep
Drives: blue streak

did someone say pot
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 1
Dpc2u3417.00

05-30-2020, 05:22 PM   #3945
Dpc2u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
did someone say pot
Yea, skunk bud. Back in the day some quality stuff was $30 an ounce, not that I ever indulged of course. LOL... Gainesville Green, Maui Wowie, Thia Stick.... ah, the good old days...so I heard.

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 05:33 AM   #3946
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
It is not possible for me to care less if an adult wants to smoke pot. I don't give a shit if it's good for you, bad for you, medicinal or just helps you focus. I have smoke pot before and it was fun but don't now because I like my job. All that said, we have been in Destin FL for a couple days now and we love to sit on the balcony at night. It would be awesome if we didn't have to smell what I can only describe as a skunk with raging diarrhea the entire time we are sitting out there. The shit stinks terribly, it is repulsive. It's the reason we won't be going back to San Francisco ever again. That is some stinky shit y'all smoking! Please be considerate pot heads. Thanks.
Love Destin!!!!!

05-31-2020, 08:49 AM   #3947
Nuckle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Love Destin!!!!!
I do as well my friend. Down here boat shopping again.

Crab island saddens me now though. Must have been 300 rental pontoon boats out there yesterday. Wasn't like that 4-5 years ago.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt7172.00