Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Control Display on LCI - intermittent issues

01-15-2024, 04:19 AM   #1
Surge_Joebot
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e LCI

Control Display on LCI - intermittent issues

Hi

Just checking if anyone else with the the LCI model has been noticing any erratic behaviour with the control Display (left side) recently?

In the last month or so, a few times I have had issues with the display either refusing to come on and one time the display just showed the letters BMW in white in the middle of the screen and nothing else. Even when I stopped the car, got out and locked it. I kept looking at the control Display and it still showed the BMW sign on the screen. I then unlocked it, opened the door then closed and locked it again and it went off like normal.

The other couple of times it happened the screen just refused to come on. And the most recent time (yesterday) the screen was working okay, but I had a problem with Spotify not connecting, so I did the reset by holding the power button in for 30 seconds then it wouldn't come back on. Then randomly about 15 mins into my drive it came back on.

Had the car for a year now and only recently having these issues. Just wondering if anyone else has too as it's due for 1st service soon so probably gonna raise it with the dealer.

I've checked and I'm on s/w version 07/2023.53. I regularly run the check for updates and it's not finding anything newer though tbh. I'm guessing it's a bug in the s/w though rather than an actual hardware fault.

Anyone else having similar issues post your experiences here.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 02:51 PM   #2
AlfaM
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340d

I’ve had issues with my phone connection/apple play. I performed a hard reset - press and hold the audio off button for 30 seconds, and it fixed it. I think there’s another recent software update thats only available at the dealers at the mo, so I would press for that at the next service.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 09:16 AM   #3
Surge_Joebot
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e LCI

Thanks I will. Why is this update only available via the dealer? The last 2 I have been able to do over the air. Seems like not many with this issue then I guess must be rare.
Appreciate 0