Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - California 2024 M340i Xdrive - need repair via insurance So-Cal local shops?

01-19-2024, 06:54 PM   #1
omgthedonny
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340iX

2024 M340i Xdrive - need repair via insurance So-Cal local shops?

Hello, hit not one but two Ladders on the freeway I couldn't avoid. my car is brand new and BMW provided me a quote and my insurance is going to pay it.

I wanted to know if there is any local vendors that can install a better muffler or exhaust? I'm the type that's like if it needs to be replaced why not upgrade instead of putting original back on?!

BMW does have an "M Performance" muffler but seems extremely pricey and not worth it because I know the car can't be coded for the valves right as the DME is locked so what would the M performance exhaust actually do over stock with no crackles or pops??

Is there any shops in SO-CAL that can do better than this or provide a better better/muffle/exhaust option for me instead so I can take it there instead of the dealer (insurance is paying for it)

01-20-2024, 10:31 AM   #2
whofelt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340ix

Don’t you just love the California freeways? I drove over busted up tire treads on the freeway on two separate occasions, unavoidable might I add.

Both times with some minor damage, had my car been lower, it would have been a mess.

Drive safe and good luck on your repairs.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 09:25 PM   #3
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgthedonny View Post
Hello, hit not one but two Ladders on the freeway I couldn't avoid. my car is brand new and BMW provided me a quote and my insurance is going to pay it.

I wanted to know if there is any local vendors that can install a better muffler or exhaust? I'm the type that's like if it needs to be replaced why not upgrade instead of putting original back on?!

BMW does have an "M Performance" muffler but seems extremely pricey and not worth it because I know the car can't be coded for the valves right as the DME is locked so what would the M performance exhaust actually do over stock with no crackles or pops??

Is there any shops in SO-CAL that can do better than this or provide a better better/muffle/exhaust option for me instead so I can take it there instead of the dealer (insurance is paying for it)

The M performance exhaust is relatively quiet compared to other aftermarket exhausts. In comfort, it’s stock and take. In sport and sport +, it does open up the valves and sound throaty. I recommend for those not looking to attract excessive attention.
      02-19-2024, 09:30 PM   #4
Mkj0811
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i gc

What BMW did you take it to get a quote? Recently had someone hit me and looking to get a proper quote as well since their insurance is paying for it.

Also socal roads are the best )) idk how many times I’ve avoided garbage on the freeway already.
Appreciate 0