Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Mods currently supported on the G20

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-13-2019, 03:15 AM   #1
g20beam
Private
Canada
68
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 330i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Mods currently supported on the G20

Hi, I want to start a thread dedicated to discussions revolving around mods for this car, specifically for the B48 engine variant. I know there are limitations with this engine even seen on the F30, but because this car is so new, it would be great to have a thread compiling all possible mods at this moment.

I have researched extensively for the last couple of weeks and my conclusion is that the only mods that you can do to this car at the moment would be the installation of:

- BMS Billet Intake OR Injen Intake
- Exhaust Upgrade Kit

These would theoretically increase performance by ~20-25 HP. and ~20 lb-ft of torque.

Not sure if the JB+ is supported on the G20, please confirm if anyone has tried, I will contact them to see what they say regarding support on the G20.

Besides these mods listed above, please share your knowledge and thoughts as to what other mods may be supported on this car!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 05:25 PM   #2
g20beam
Private
Canada
68
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 330i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

So I contacted Burger Motorsports and this is the response that they gave me.

"Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us for your tuning needs.

We have 2 tuners that will be compatible for you car.

We have the JB+, which will give you a quick 3psi with no hassle installation and you do not have to worry about settings.
http://www.burgertuning.com/B48_B58_...all_tuner.html

We also have the JB4, which can give you power gains up to 40whp (55hp crack) on a completely stock car on pump gas.
http://www.burgertuning.com/B58_JB4_...nce_tuner.html

The JB4 Features a plug and play installation and have features like in dash map switching between factory and various performance maps, optional in dash gauge displays for boost, boost limiting by gear for improved traction in lower gears, progressive water/methanol support, built in data logging, built in code reading, optional direct EWG control to prevent throttle closure with exhaust modifications, exhaust flapper control, and much more.

I would also strongly recommend you pair the JB4 with either the Data Cable or Bluetooth Kit to fully access all of JB4's features like data logging and reading/deleting fault codes to updating to the latest firmware.
http://www.burgertuning.com/USB_Cable_Extension.html
http://www.burgertuning.com/bluetoot...nnect_kit.html

A lot of G20 330i owners have given us feed back the JB4 has a smoother delivery of power and performance so giving you the information on that as well.

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Regards,

Burger Motorsports, Inc."
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 12:03 PM   #3
CyclingBroStyle
Private First Class
CyclingBroStyle's Avatar
United_States
102
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: '19 330i xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Washington, D.C.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
have you purchased one how has your experience been?
__________________
Current: MY2019 330i xDrive M-Sport w/Lasers - Portimao Blue
Previous: MY2013 328i xDrive Sport Line - Sapphire Black | MY2016 428i xDrive M-Sport - Mineral Grey
BMW CCA #522637 use me as a referral for BMW CCA
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 12:21 AM   #4
Brett240
Private
Brett240's Avatar
26
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: G20 330i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

I saw these TDI boxes as well which are plug and play, though i cant see any ionfo/results on a G20 with one installed besides their figures on the site.

Theyre claiming +58 BHP and and +68nm of torque

https://tdi-tuning.com/car/bmw/3-ser...uning-box-chip
Appreciate 1
g20beam67.50

      05-23-2019, 08:50 AM   #5
Wodzu
New Member
10
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 330i / BMW F30 318d
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Poland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett240 View Post
I saw these TDI boxes as well which are plug and play, though i cant see any ionfo/results on a G20 with one installed besides their figures on the site.

Theyre claiming +58 BHP and and +68nm of torque

https://tdi-tuning.com/car/bmw/3-ser...uning-box-chip
There are some boxes already available popping out like this below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JB4-Tuning-...AAAOSwsspbhgnT

Claiming "up to 40hp to the wheels for a B48" and applicable for both 330i and M340i
Appreciate 1
g20beam67.50

      05-25-2019, 07:29 AM   #6
Brett240
Private
Brett240's Avatar
26
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: G20 330i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

what are your thoughts on them? i dont see any negatives so far looking at peoples experiences with TDI boxes.

haven't found anyone with a G20 yet though
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 10:20 AM   #7
Wodzu
New Member
10
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 330i / BMW F30 318d
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Poland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett240 View Post
what are your thoughts on them? i dont see any negatives so far looking at peoples experiences with TDI boxes.

haven't found anyone with a G20 yet though
I don't myself have experience with those and petrol engines so I can't further elaborate. I used to drive a TDI with one of those and it seemed to improve the overall driving experience (quite a lower fuel consumption while the acceleration being a bit more responsive), but I did not check for the actual increase in terms of power or torque.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 10:06 PM   #8
g20beam
Private
Canada
68
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 330i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingBroStyle View Post
have you purchased one how has your experience been?
I have, the car drives beautifully and has great handling, and the car feels sporty when in sport mode, but sport mode is so nice to drive in with this car and its almost 260 HP and almost 300 TQ, making the throttle response feel very responsive. There are also gauges for the sports displays, and you can see the G Force measurement. This generation of 3 series feels very exclusive in the interior and it is really starting to feel like a 5 series in terms of interior, provided you get the leather seats + dash trim.

Overall, this is a very well rounded car, it excels in almost every way and the build quality this generation is very very nice, even on base models without upgrades. I have the M Sport trim with the dealership package, which I believe is called the HEA package here in Canada, if anyone knows what this package includes.

I also did a muffler delete on the car and it sounds very nice, making the ASD not sound so fake. I plan on doing a resonator delete soon as well as a Injen or BMS intake, and then when BM3 comes out for the B48 engines, I will throw a Stage 1 91 tune on it.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #9
FabioCipriani
New Member
FabioCipriani's Avatar
Brazil
8
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2019 330i M Sport (G20)
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Sao Paulo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1Driver View Post
Hi, I want to start a thread dedicated to discussions revolving around mods for this car, specifically for the B48 engine variant. I know there are limitations with this engine even seen on the F30, but because this car is so new, it would be great to have a thread compiling all possible mods at this moment.

I have researched extensively for the last couple of weeks and my conclusion is that the only mods that you can do to this car at the moment would be the installation of:

- BMS Billet Intake OR Injen Intake
- Exhaust Upgrade Kit

These would theoretically increase performance by ~20-25 HP. and ~20 lb-ft of torque.

Not sure if the JB+ is supported on the G20, please confirm if anyone has tried, I will contact them to see what they say regarding support on the G20.

Besides these mods listed above, please share your knowledge and thoughts as to what other mods may be supported on this car!

I installed the JB+ on my G20 330i yesterday. Didn't move the circuit dial/potentiometer beyond the default 3pm position (around 4psi). The results are great... I'm not sure how much horsepower or torque I've got, but my 0-62mph // 0-100kmh displayed 4.9s vs the 5.8s claimed by BMW!!!

Last edited by FabioCipriani; 06-02-2019 at 06:49 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-07-2019, 06:16 AM   #10
ballisma
Private
24
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: G20 330i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabioCipriani View Post
I installed the JB+ on my G20 330i yesterday. Didn't move the circuit dial/potentiometer beyond the default 3pm position (around 4psi). The results are great... I'm not sure how much horsepower or torque I've got, but my 0-62mph // 0-100kmh displayed 4.9s vs the 5.8s claimed by BMW!!!
Wow! I wonder what it would do to a 320i ??
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 10:03 PM   #11
DuarteG
Enlisted Member
Portugal
3
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e Hybrid
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Madeira Island , Portugal

iTrader: (0)

I use Ventura Tuning Box in my F30 330e and they already have Units for the G20 320i, 330i, 335i and M340i :

320i go to 255hp and 395Nm
330i go to 320hp and 495Nm
335i go to 365hp and 550Nm
M340i go to 425hp and 600Nm
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 03:17 AM   #12
Oski666
New Member
2
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: Bmw G20 330i Msport
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuarteG View Post
I use Ventura Tuning Box in my F30 330e and they already have Units for the G20 320i, 330i, 335i and M340i :

320i go to 255hp and 395Nm
330i go to 320hp and 495Nm
335i go to 365hp and 550Nm
M340i go to 425hp and 600Nm
Excuse me, what exactly is 335i?

C'mon....if you don't know cars don't even post in this forum....
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 03:42 PM   #13
DuarteG
Enlisted Member
Portugal
3
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e Hybrid
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Madeira Island , Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oski666 View Post
Excuse me, what exactly is 335i?

C'mon....if you don't know cars don't even post in this forum....
?? Where are you from? Everest ? BMW has E90 335i, F335i and G20 335i.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 03:45 PM   #14
DuarteG
Enlisted Member
Portugal
3
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e Hybrid
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Madeira Island , Portugal

iTrader: (0)

If you pay what we pay in Cars in Europe you will know more engines ....
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 03:23 AM   #15
Oski666
New Member
2
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: Bmw G20 330i Msport
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

M8 pls....I am from Italy, G20 is not existing in 335i version in ANY WAY...read wikipedia...
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 04:28 AM   #16
Mb73288
New Member
18
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2019 bmw 330i xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (0)

G20 335i ? Does not exist. There is a 320i,330i,m340i, and a 318d,320d,330d also a 330e but thats all i no of for the g20. Not sure why you think theres a g20 335i.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 10:26 AM   #17
DuarteG
Enlisted Member
Portugal
3
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e Hybrid
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Madeira Island , Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oski666 View Post
M8 pls....I am from Italy, G20 is not existing in 335i version in ANY WAY...read wikipedia...
You are right
My mistake, F30 has the 335i but not the G20👍
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 02:23 PM   #18
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
594
Posts

Drives: Ď20 330i,Ď16 X3,Ď18 SQ5,Ď17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabioCipriani View Post
I installed the JB+ on my G20 330i yesterday. Didn't move the circuit dial/potentiometer beyond the default 3pm position (around 4psi). The results are great... I'm not sure how much horsepower or torque I've got, but my 0-62mph // 0-100kmh displayed 4.9s vs the 5.8s claimed by BMW!!!
Just out of curiosity. Where did it display 4.9s? Does the 330i have a timer that Iím not aware of? Or was it dragy or speedometer videos or something else?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 03:16 AM   #19
Oski666
New Member
2
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: Bmw G20 330i Msport
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Just out of curiosity. Where did it display 4.9s? Does the 330i have a timer that Iím not aware of? Or was it dragy or speedometer videos or something else?
Declared from constructor
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 08:41 PM   #20
sddz6269
New Member
China
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 325i
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Shanghai, China

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb73288 View Post
G20 335i ? Does not exist. There is a 320i,330i,m340i, and a 318d,320d,330d also a 330e but thats all i no of for the g20. Not sure why you think theres a g20 335i.
There are 320i, 325i, 330i (G20) and 320li, 325li, and 330li (G28) here in China.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #21
Sarni
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 18d, BMW 320ix G20
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Poland

iTrader: (0)

Bought 320i a month ago, having moved from X1 18d I was excited to get into a car that does 0-60 in around 7 seconds with 4-wheel drive and it does feel exciting to drive for me (though I am aware for many on here it will be slow).

Looking to slightly upgrade performance now. Apparently DTE module can add 30 HP and 50 Nm. If advertised 0-100 kph is 7.5s, and real is closer to 7.2-7.3 then with extra HP and torque that should easily get it below 7 seconds and somewhere into 6.5 range, right? Looking for other piggybacks that wonít void my warranty (unless logs are checked)...

I probably should have got 330i but then again now I will be able to almost go through three different cars in my 5-year lease of this 320i - the current stock one, the one with piggyback and in 2-3 years a remap one (they are getting it into 260 HP / 390 Nm range here easily without overwhelming the engine, apparently itís very very similar to 330i in build and can easily sustain that), and my monthly payments are $100 lower with $500 annual saving on insurance to boot (also because of this I managed to spec it with a lot, lot extras).

Any piggybacks that are available in Europe I should be looking at other than DTE and RaceChip?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 12:09 PM   #22
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
10936
Rep
120,004
Posts

Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (20)

Please check out our website for parts
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST