Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 30% of Connected services this week.

11-26-2020, 11:59 AM   #23
fls
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d xDrive Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMartin View Post
So I purchased the HBA in the connected drive store and received a confirmation email and that it should now be available to use. However, when I tried to use it in the car it said "fuction acquirable", so doesn't think I have access to it. But going into the connected drive in idrive, it is showing as a booked service.

Any ideas?
The car has to do an update to activate HBA. When I did it the other day I switched on the engine, and then turned it off again, and then got a message about a new service being available and asking me if I wanted to enable it. It's similar to an iDrive update in that the screen goes blank, shows a progress bar, and then switches off when it's complete. Took about five minutes altogether.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 03:00 PM   #24
shanemeh
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330I M Sport

Good deal. Just signed up as although I'll only have the car for 3 years, I'll definitely have it for 30k +. Plus it helps with resale.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 03:22 PM   #25
Alanli722
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Bought service inclusive as well. Only just looked at this thread as I initially thought it'd just be connected drive stuff of which there's want much that could be booked.

Probably only cover less than 10k per annum but will be keeping the M340i for at least 4 years so that's money saved.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 03:29 PM   #26
Amos91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 320d

My 320d is showing the service pack as £869.90. surely this isn't discounted?

Car is on 9k miles and not serviced yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 02:13 AM   #27
Xsapper
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
Got the service pack but then found that BMW took two payments from my bank account.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 10:32 AM   #28
chrisnoy
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 330e 2020

Got the service pack then got a credit note fo the same amount, perhaps I have yours
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 08:19 AM   #29
Rapidray
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Tried twice to purchase the service pack.
My account now has two payments pending to BMW.

Been advised by connected drive support that the payments will be reversed at some point in the future.

Seems that the BMW website can't handle the demand during cyber week!!!!!

Support have asks me try again later.

Maybe 03.00am in the morning will be a suitable time.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 12:59 PM   #30
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

Finally got the order confirmation for BMW Music and then the email to say it’s been confirmed and I was now able to use it in my car but there’s no BMW Music in my media menu.

Anyone else purchased this and have it working?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 02:39 PM   #31
ADIUK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive30e M Sport 2020

Garage List
I purchased this about 6 weeks ago.
It took a few hours before I saw it in the audio menu.

I mailed them this the next day :

"Initially it streamed ok but today my selections were shown currently unavailable.
Tested over nearly 40 miles of travel - mainly M1."

They cancelled my subscription and got my money back.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 02:59 PM   #32
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidray View Post
Tried twice to purchase the service pack.
My account now has two payments pending to BMW.

Been advised by connected drive support that the payments will be reversed at some point in the future.

Seems that the BMW website can't handle the demand during cyber week!!!!!

Support have asks me try again later.

Maybe 03.00am in the morning will be a suitable time.
I bought the service pack yesterday afternoon but also had problems with the website! I had to have several goes for it to accept details and move to the next page and, when I got to the final order confirmation page, it looped back round and invited me to confirm again. I wasn't sure if the initial transaction had gone through so phoned the support helpline who eventually confirmed it had; however, it was very tempting to click the confirm order box again while I was on hold listening to music - good job I didn't as if I had I'd no doubt also have two pending transactions on my credit card instead of one!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 11:19 AM   #33
Amos91
Private First Class
Rep

Nor sure why you would want to even pay the discounted price for BMW music, may as well pay for Spotify premium and use the built in app. At least then you have flexibility across other devices as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 12:23 PM   #34
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos91 View Post
Nor sure why you would want to even pay the discounted price for BMW music, may as well pay for Spotify premium and use the built in app. At least then you have flexibility across other devices as well.
I had it on a free 3 month trial and enjoyed using it to save music I’d hear on DAB.

I have Apple Music and never really got on with Spotify.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 01:46 PM   #35
Rapidray
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsapper View Post
Got the service pack but then found that BMW took two payments from my bank account.
Same here!!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 05:01 AM   #36
Jackrack
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzie’s BM View Post
I had it on a free 3 month trial and enjoyed using it to save music I’d hear on DAB.

I have Apple Music and never really got on with Spotify.
Always miss this feature when the 3 months trial is up.

Slowly build up a big play list from listening to the radio then disappointed once the trial is up.

Maybe I should stop being a tight arse and continue it after the trial lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 09:19 AM   #37
dulys23
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw g20 320d

Quote:
My 320d is showing the service pack as £869.90. surely this isn't discounted?

Car is on 9k miles and not serviced yet.
Mine is showing the same price as well. Any idea why there is no discount on the 320d?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 10:27 AM   #38
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulys23 View Post
Mine is showing the same price as well. Any idea why there is no discount on the 320d?
Check with your dealer what the service cost would be for the 2 services and then you can see what if any discount is being applied. Diesel servicing is usually more expensive in my experience.

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 04:48 AM   #39
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_C View Post
Just rung my service partner, Halliwell Jones, Warrington as mine is now booked in for it's first service mid December.

They quoted me £311.38 for this service coming up and £624.88 for a service in 2 years plus £131 for the brake fluid service at the same time, so it's a no brainer for me to take the 30% offer.

Also told me the car is due the track rod recall and doesn't know why I wasn't informed earlier. I knew my car was one for recall but had trouble trying to get through during lockdown so decided I'd wait till the 1st service anyway.

I'm sure the prices I was quoted could be knocked down a touch if I shopped around other dealers but that would involve arsing about travelling to get the work done and I'm very close to Warrington.
OK, got my car's first service done on Friday and the track rod end recall, as you can see above, when I booked the car in I was quoted by the Halliwell Jones Service Centre of £311.38 for the 1st service. Checked the invoice when I picked the car up, the total price came to £210 and a few pennies, so £100 cheaper than I was quoted. Only checked invoice when I got home as it was on the seat in the car when I picked it up and it was dark and obviously no money changed hands as I have the service pack now. They did a scope and oil and filter change and to be fair, it was only £10 dearer than the wife's Qashqai first service.

Debatable whether I would have took the Service Plan out now knowing that price!
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 04:59 AM   #40
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
OK, got my car's first service done on Friday and the track rod end recall, as you can see above, when I booked the car in I was quoted by the Halliwell Jones Service Centre of £311.38 for the 1st service. Checked the invoice when I picked the car up, the total price came to £210 and a few pennies, so £100 cheaper than I was quoted. Only checked invoice when I got home as it was on the seat in the car when I picked it up and it was dark and obviously no money changed hands as I have the service pack now. They did a scope and oil and filter change and to be fair, it was only £10 dearer than the wife's Qashqai first service.

Debatable whether I would have took the Service Plan out now knowing that price!
I have my car's first service next month and also decided to wait for to have the track rod ends to be done at the same time & I have the service pack so it will be interesting to see the price difference for the same work.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 07:57 AM   #41
Amos91
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

The microfilter should be changed at every service which is the difference in the cost you've seen. So basically they haven't done the correct service.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 05:03 PM   #42
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
The microfilter should be changed at every service which is the difference in the cost you've seen. So basically they haven't done the correct service.
Sorry, just had a proper look and check of the invoice, microfilter was included, just presumed it meant oil filter when I had a quick scan of the invoice. Also now noticed it was a net price of £210.18, no vat added, but even that would have been just over £49 extra. Anyway, it's done now, it is what it is.
Attached Images

M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 04:35 AM   #43
Amos91
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, just had a proper look and check of the invoice, microfilter was included, just presumed it meant oil filter when I had a quick scan of the invoice. Also now noticed it was a net price of £210.18, no vat added, but even that would have been just over £49 extra. Anyway, it's done now, it is what it is.

Ah, in that case it is pretty good value!
Appreciate 1
Keith_C179.00