Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA 07/2020.60 update

10-22-2020, 04:42 AM   #1
westozy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

07/2020.60 update

as per some members on another thread just had my first service and after some discussion I got them to upgrade to 07/2020.60.

as expected lost all my settings from bimmercode so went to recode and it didn't recognise any of the ecu's bar one.
it was the start/stop and I went to change it but bimmercode wouldn't take the change?

has anyone else experienced this problem, either with the new update or bimmercode?

can't find android either!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 11:20 PM   #2
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Just received OTA update for version 07/2020.54. It seems that version 07/2020.60 is not available for the general masses at the moment.
I’ll do the installation while driving back to Adelaide tomorrow.
Hopefully, BimmerCode will still work with this upgrade.
BTW this is the first OTA I have received since I picked up the car 3rd April 2020.
      11-10-2020, 02:58 AM   #3
skylinebmwm5
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330i G20

So the OTA update doesn't have Android Auto?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 03:02 AM   #4
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinebmwm5 View Post
So the OTA update doesn't have Android Auto?
Apparently this is what the new update has
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
ruczko97.00
      11-10-2020, 04:49 AM   #5
skylinebmwm5
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330i G20

Looks like AA is in the list!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 06:59 AM   #6
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Hi to everyone ,
I’ve update my g21 with OTA at version 07.2020.54 but now the update has canceled all my changes... (for example change lane assist , start without start&stop , ecc) .

Can I use esys or BimmerCode or I need new psdzdata to code new version of software with e-sys ?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 07:42 AM   #7
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpgiuliano View Post
Hi to everyone ,
I’ve update my g21 with OTA at version 07.2020.54 but now the update has canceled all my changes... (for example change lane assist , start without start&stop , ecc) .

Can I use esys or BimmerCode or I need new psdzdata to code new version of software with e-sys ?

Many thanks

Ok i tried BimmerCode and i coded successfull :
- Start&stop disabled from the start
- seatbelt reminder (driver and passenger)

This night I will try other modules
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 02:47 PM   #8
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

That's weird. I still haven't received any OTA notification. Still stuck on 03/2020.

Did you guys receive the notification in the phone app or searching from within the iDrive?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 02:58 PM   #9
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
That's weird. I still haven't received any OTA notification. Still stuck on 03/2020.

Did you guys receive the notification in the phone app or searching from within the iDrive?
@PJB ,
This popped up on the mobile phone and in the idrive system when I started the car. I think it maybe phases
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 03:02 PM   #10
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlo238 View Post
This popped up on the mobile phone and in the idrive system when I started the car. I think it maybe phases
Oh interesting. I tried a search in the car over the weekend and nothing came up. I'll try again today.

I wonder if it had anything to do with my car being parked underground and out of cellular reception. Either that or it's being phased out and I'm not cool enough to get the update yet lol
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 03:05 PM   #11
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Oh interesting. I tried a search in the car over the weekend and nothing came up. I'll try again today.

I wonder if it had anything to do with my car being parked underground and out of cellular reception. Either that or it's being phased out and I'm not cool enough to get the update yet lol
@PJB - haha don't be like that maybe open and see the activity section of the app and see if the remote software update pops up on the phone see below it looks like this..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 03:14 PM   #12
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
haha don't be like that maybe open and see the activity section of the app and see if the remote software update pops up on the phone see below it looks like this..
vlo238 thanks for the screenshots. Looks like those screens aren't available for me (just shows "no update available"). I'll keep an eye out. I think I just have to get the car outside so it can phone home or something.

Hahaha hopefully it'll pop up soon and I too will be cool. My missus got the RSU notification for her 1 series so it's definitely there - just not for me and my G20!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 03:19 PM   #13
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
haha don't be like that maybe open and see the activity section of the app and see if the remote software update pops up on the phone see below it looks like this..
vlo238 thanks for the screenshots. Looks like those screens aren't available for me (just shows "no update available"). I'll keep an eye out. I think I just have to get the car outside so it can phone home or something.

Hahaha hopefully it'll pop up soon and I too will be cool. My missus got the RSU notification for her 1 series so it's definitely there - just not for me and my G20!
@PJB - haha don't worry I know it will be here soon. Just takes time for some I guess. I know Android Auto Is the reason why everyone wanted to jump on it... I am waiting for the apple phone to open the door feature sucks only on android atm
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 04:44 PM   #14
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

I received the OTA update last night.

Will install it over the next few days.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 12:57 AM   #15
Wynnst0n
Rep
Drives: G20 BMW 330i

I got the 20-07 update yesterday. It kicked in after visiting my dealer (West Coast BMW) who were addressing a couple of warranty issues for me. So I am not sure if the dealer invoked it, or it was co-incidental.

So far, these are my observations

My car is a 06/19 build date.

- No iOS Digital Key option in App (wasn't there before but was hoping it would come out with this update).

- Andriod Auto is present, but I don't use it, I have Apple devices

- Wireless Carplay dropouts behave differently now. It drops out still, but recovers within 10 seconds or so, then won't drop out for the whole journey (in areas it previously did). I think this means it's hopping Wireless Channels until it finds one it likes, the downside is that it doesn't remember and it happens again after the car is restarted.

- Having Apple maps directions in the HUD is cool, but who uses Apple Maps ... pretty sure the Trump Campaign did (hello 4 Seasons Garden Supplies) (Yes, I think Apple Maps is rubbish).

- Lowering my windows via voice command is quite funny

- I lost all of my Bimmercode changes, but it's not hard to put them back.

- "Hey BMW" works a lot better

What's missing (compared to 07/19 > cars)

Advanced Driving Assistant View

I had a loaner 330i for the day which was an 03/20 build car. It had the Advanced (Tesla Style) driving assistant display in the instrument cluster. This is a bit strange that it didn't activate in mine, given i'd hacked around it with bimmer code before and had it working on mine.

iOS Digital Key

I would say that BMW have only licensed (with their 3rd party vendors) vehicles manufactured after a certain date. The hardware for both features is present in cars since they started producing them in 2018, they just choose not to activate it.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 02:51 AM   #16
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Sitting in the car now while it updates. It's at 45 percent now.

It feels like I'm in a super computer with different parts of the car groaning with an electronic humming/resonance sounds. Very odd. Some of the dash lights did an on and off fence.

A CPU cooling fan is on full blast somewhere in this dash.

Hopefully this all works.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 02:53 AM   #17
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

People who have updated, how long does it take approx? Thx
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 02:54 AM   #18
Wynnst0n
Rep
Drives: G20 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by erawamai View Post

It feels like I'm in a super computer with different parts of the car groaning with an electronic humming/resonance sounds. Very odd. Some of the dash lights did an on and off fence.

That's the fan for the infotainment unit, because it's also firmware updating, it throttles the fan to max because the fan controller and temp sensors can't report while it's being firmwared (just a safety measure). The update takes a while, be prepared for people to stare at you if you're in a shared carpark XD
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 02:58 AM   #19
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynnst0n View Post
Quote:

That's the fan for the infotainment unit, because it's also firmware updating, it throttles the fan to max because the fan controller and temp sensors can't report while it's being firmwared (just a safety measure). The update takes a while, be prepared for people to stare at you if you're in a shared carpark XD
Hahaha

If anyone is doing the update and has 20 mins I'd recommend sitting in the car while it doesn't it.

Your car will make all kinds of sounds as it switches systems on and off.

A few tiny things I noticed. There is now a small thermometer symbol next to the temp gauge. The animation of the fishes to turn off the car is slightly more eloborate. Your fuel consumption history is erased.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 04:02 PM   #20
BlackShadowKiwi
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 LCI M40i

Quote:
Hahaha

If anyone is doing the update and has 20 mins I'd recommend sitting in the car while it doesn't it.
If only mine would start the update, has downloaded and is now sitting on the update prepared screen, you will be told when the update can be applied, 2 days now, WTF?
Retired: BMW F30 328i Sportline
Retired: BMW F20 125i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 04:50 PM   #21
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynnst0n View Post
Quote:

Hahaha

Your car will make all kinds of sounds as it switches systems on and off.

A few tiny things I noticed. There is now a small thermometer symbol next to the temp gauge. The animation of the fishes to turn off the car is slightly more eloborate. Your fuel consumption history is erased.
Any diff in exhaust sounds post update?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 02:54 PM   #22
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
Any diff in exhaust sounds post update?
Have not noticed any change.

Other minor changes:

- the warning massage appears instantly on start up
- the icon for the BMW voice assist is different. She's still not great.
Appreciate 0