Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Photography/Videography Help Me. Please.

02-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
jkwhat
Private
Rep
Drives: 750LI

Help Me. Please.

My digital camera decided to not turn on during an event so I went out and bought a disposable camera. The flash on the disposable camera did not work but the pictures were taken. I had the pictures developed and the guy told me they all came out black. After retrieving the pictures I now have a roll of film in my house. I am wondering is there any type of professional who can develop these pictures, they are essentially black but I know the pictures are on there.
These images are of high sentimental value and anyone who thinks that they can do it or has the technology to have it developed. Name your price.

Thanks for your time,
Jonathan Kim
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
WLS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5

Nope. I worked at a high end photoshop and, unfortunately, now that the negatives are developed you are at a loss. Sorry!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
jkwhat
Private
Rep
Drives: 750LI

So if I had taken the film still in a camera there still could've been something done about it?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 03:17 AM   #4
spectrumphoto
Just another peanut in the Turd!
United_States
Rep
Drives: g16M850;f30M550;f80M3-ED;e90M3

You are saying that you have already had the film from the disposable camera developed and printed right? Now you have the negatives and a set of "black" prints.

Best thing you can do is take out the negatives and hold them up to a light to see if there are any traces of images on them. If there are then there may be a few tricks to get an image printed but the quality will be fairly bad depending on how much information is actually on the negative. (print film only has about 2.5 stop latitude)

If you do have another roll that has been shot but not been developed yet you can take it to a reputable pro lab, tell them the situation with the first roll and ask for them to do a snip test (leader or tail) but have them push the developing 1 to 1.5 stops. You will lose several images doing so but it could possibly save the rest of the roll of film.

Unfortunately those disposable cameras have a fixed shutter and aperture typically set to a normal outdoor daylight exposure (1/125th at f8 @ iso100) So if what you were shooting was indoors or lacking alot of light and the flash was not working then most likely there will not be enough info on the negs to make a print.
Appreciate 0