Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Tyre Pressure Recommendations in MyBMW App

11-27-2021, 09:16 PM   #1
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Tyre Pressure Recommendations in MyBMW App

Has anyone noticed on the updated MyBMW App that tyre pressures can now be viewed in the App?

Unfortunately for me, the pressure measurements are in BAR, where my preference is Psi. I can't see a way to change this in the App.

More alarmingly, the MyBMW App suggests tyre pressures should be 3.0 Bar. This equates to 43.51 Psi. I think this is too high.

In iDrive on the car, the suggested tyre inflation is 40 Psi (equivalent to 2.75 bar).
Is anyone confused yet?
Which recommended tyre pressure is correct?
Personally, I will continue to use 40 Psi for both fronts and rears, and I will assume the MyBMW App is incorrect.

In the attached image, you will see that my rear tyres have a slightly higher pressure than the fronts. These readings were taken at the end of a 100 km drive. I guess it proves the rears are doing more work than the fronts, even with the xDrive 4WD system.
Attached Images

11-28-2021, 03:28 AM   #2
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Has anyone noticed on the updated MyBMW App that tyre pressures can now be viewed in the App?

Unfortunately for me, the pressure measurements are in BAR, where my preference is Psi. I can't see a way to change this in the App.

More alarmingly, the MyBMW App suggests tyre pressures should be 3.0 Bar. This equates to 43.51 Psi. I think this is too high.

In iDrive on the car, the suggested tyre inflation is 40 Psi (equivalent to 2.75 bar).
Is anyone confused yet?
Which recommended tyre pressure is correct?
Personally, I will continue to use 40 Psi for both fronts and rears, and I will assume the MyBMW App is incorrect.

In the attached image, you will see that my rear tyres have a slightly higher pressure than the fronts. These readings were taken at the end of a 100 km drive. I guess it proves the rears are doing more work than the fronts, even with the xDrive 4WD system.
I'd go with what it says on the placard on the drivers side.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 06:21 AM   #3
Ikester19
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
Are you getting any uneven tyre wear? If not then the tyre pressures you're using would be okay. I used to run 39psi all round but found my front tyres wearing unevenly on the outer sides so have increased to 41psi.

On a side note, I sent my car in for service last week and got the wheel alignment done too, the printout they gave me suggested 39F/42R. Upon driving the car it seemed to ride really firm so I checked the pressures and Bmw inflated the tyres to 45F/50R, go figure!!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 04:59 AM   #4
pseudofusion
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i (G20)

😰 I can’t see this in my recently updated version of the app.
Not sure where it might hide.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 02:42 PM   #5
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikester19 View Post
Are you getting any uneven tyre wear? If not then the tyre pressures you're using would be okay. I used to run 39psi all round but found my front tyres wearing unevenly on the outer sides so have increased to 41psi.

On a side note, I sent my car in for service last week and got the wheel alignment done too, the printout they gave me suggested 39F/42R. Upon driving the car it seemed to ride really firm so I checked the pressures and Bmw inflated the tyres to 45F/50R, go figure!!
To be honest, I haven’t thoroughly checked the wear on the tyres, but they seem to be quite happy at 40 psi when cold (15 C).
The pressures and temps increase a little after a reasonable amount of running.
I do mainly long runs (100 km) in my car, so the tyres are normally up to good running temp and pressures……..as opposed to doing short trips when the P/T may not reach the optimal operating range.
      12-03-2021, 02:43 PM   #6
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudofusion View Post
😰 I can’t see this in my recently updated version of the app.
Not sure where it might hide.
You are in the right place in the App but need to have TPMS fitted for the temps and pressures to show up in the App.