Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Traffic Camera Alert in HUD

10-25-2020, 03:32 PM   #1
bokmeipai
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340Xi

Traffic Camera Alert in HUD

The traffic camera alerts for speed and red light camera no longer show up in my HUD display. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried playing around with settings but cannot find where I can turn that off or on. Don't know why it stopped working, might have turned it off accidently ?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 05:27 PM   #2
Jmpascual
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokmeipai View Post
The traffic camera alerts for speed and red light camera no longer show up in my HUD display. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried playing around with settings but cannot find where I can turn that off or on. Don't know why it stopped working, might have turned it off accidently ?
This happened to my X5, where it used to show up in the HUD then randomly started popping up in the control display, and there was no way to change it. The option should be in the display setting menu to have it pop up in the HUD. It actually appeared when I got an OTA update. I'm not sure if resetting iDrive (holding down vol knob for 30 sec) will fix anything, but it's worth a try:
Appreciate 1
VetteGuy845.50
      10-25-2020, 07:14 PM   #3
queenzbimmer
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmpascual View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokmeipai View Post
This happened to my X5, where it used to show up in the HUD then randomly started popping up in the control display, and there was no way to change it. The option should be in the display setting menu to have it pop up in the HUD. It actually appeared when I got an OTA update. I'm not sure if resetting iDrive (holding down vol knob for 30 sec) will fix anything, but it's worth a try:
My speed/red light camera alert stopped working as well. I do not have HUD. I was getting notifications in active cockpit then it just randomly stopped working. The only reason I noticed is because waze was notifying me.

I've tried to reset ID7 and update connected apps. Nothing has worked to bring the notifications back.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 01:40 AM   #4
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Sounds like it might have been a remote update. I don't live near any red light cameras so I never get these alerts.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 06:01 AM   #5
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
bokmeipai ,

Ever since I subscribed to traffic camera feature, the icon that appears VERY INFREQUENTLY (more on that in a moment), this clunky white rectangle with a camera in the center -- not like I've seen pictures of on other cars.

When I subscribed, my car was on software version 07/2019 and no matter what I did, icon only in Instrument Cluster. After car got updated to version 07/2020, same clunky icon shows up in HUD sometimes, but after icon shows up in HUD, it tends to reset the settings in iDrive DISPLAYS, HEADS UP, ROUTE WARNINGS from HEADS UP to INSTRUMENT CLUSTER. The weird things are that it doesn't do it consistently & sometimes the ROUTE WARNINGS item in HUD Display options changes to something else.

The quality of the database used is terrible-- I have come upon red light cameras with blue lights glowing & nada is displayed!! Now, I read that BMW just bought the HERE database, BUT that maybe quite a while before we see it, plus I have yet to have this feature show anything other than Red light camera-- heck, Google Maps does a better job-- let alone Waze!

If someone would ever ask if they should get this feature, I'd say it's a VERY long run for SUPER short slide!

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 1
themur67.00
      10-29-2020, 08:48 AM   #6
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Just wanted to note that on the BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal it shows that my car came with a 3-month trial of "Traffic Camera Information."

The description on the website reads:
"BMW Traffic Camera Information alerts you to fixed and mobile traffic enforcement cameras and radar. Available subscription periods may differ by model."

and the photo that is shown:

Then it looks like you can subscribe to 15 more months for $25.
      04-08-2021, 07:22 PM   #7
Sirok
Turbo = God's Gift
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i X-Drive

I have the paid package for route warnings. It works well but no matter how many times I change it to show up on the HUD, the moment I turn off and turn on the car, it automatically moves back to the cluster. What can I do?
Appreciate 0