Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions What did you buy for your G20 today?

05-10-2024, 11:59 PM   #947
Datboireal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M340I///M View Post
This looks great. And this is what I want to do to mine. But I have the M Performance exhaust and from my research I would have to cut .5” to 1” not sure how true this is but I haven’t found anyone that has installed these with my kind of exhaust.

Thanks for sharing, looks great

Do you have the link to these ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthol View Post
God kills a kitten every time somebody in this thread post cool things like quad exhaust tips without a buy link.
Sorry my bad guys

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EQLJQWT
Appreciate 1
gorthol70.00
      05-11-2024, 09:21 PM   #948
brownrock123
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i RWD

Here’s a link to the bimmereuro tips I got:
https://bimmereuro.com/products/m-pe...xhaust-w-clamp

I think I overpaid to be honest, but I needed a fast delivery.
Appreciate 1
M340I///M171.50
      05-12-2024, 01:48 AM   #949
M340I///M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 bmw m340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownrock123 View Post
Here’s a link to the bimmereuro tips I got:
https://bimmereuro.com/products/m-pe...xhaust-w-clamp

I think I overpaid to be honest, but I needed a fast delivery.

Just some advice, bimmereuro, bimmer plug , all use alibaba or AliExpress and drop ship these exhaust tips. And sometimes they have there name branded on the product.
I think a set of these tips comes from china in a square box with orange tape all over the box and priced at $135.00 sometimes even cheaper.

So if you ever want to order from them again google the product first or check to see if alibaba has it or AliExpress
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2024, 11:16 AM   #950
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
I installed the Infinite AutoWerks 4" quad tips that arrived yesterday. Such an improvement, aesthetically!

And the obligatory first startup with tips installed

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 12:56 PM   #951
ChrisWMT
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
I installed the Infinite AutoWerks 4" quad tips that arrived yesterday. Such an improvement, aesthetically!

Looking gooood
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2024, 01:23 PM   #952
M340I///M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I see you added the finishing touches!!! Looks awesome!!! The black definitely stands out with the blue…
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2024, 06:25 AM   #953
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
eforty6_m3 I like the gloss black look but I am not sure if these tips flow with the car. I know the ///M carbon tips are played out and everyone has them, but I think those look the best in my opinion. But overall, I think your car is coming together nicely!
M340I///M171.50
      05-14-2024, 02:06 PM   #954
M340I///M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutoy View Post
Bought some vinyl wrap to blackout my rear reflectors. Couldn’t figure out how to remove them without snapping them, so wrapped them in place.
Looks good , thankfully you didn’t try pulling them out. You have to slightly remove the rear bumper to remove the reflector. Or at least the rear tail light then try to remove the corner or the bumper here’s an actual video of the process in case you ever want to redo them.

https://youtu.be/pEQS0in5y6Q?si=tk4ntdbINFHacLx_
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 02:17 PM   #955
M340I///M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
eforty6_m3 I like the gloss black look but I am not sure if these tips flow with the car. I know the ///M carbon tips are played out and everyone has them, but I think those look the best in my opinion. But overall, I think your car is coming together nicely!

I agree the one with the ///M looks the best. I ordered a set of the ///M one all black ( glossy black) didn’t do the carbon one because I’ve seen what they look like in a year or two if not taken care off. I advise people to give it a cheap coat of auto zone ceramic wax like the Maguires and when you wash the car spray on ceramic to keep the carbon from damaging.
Appreciate 1
MoeTE87719.00
      05-14-2024, 02:30 PM   #956
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Fair enough. I am not a fan of the carbon tips, especially with the ///M logo and all.

I think they look great and go with the shadowline and gloss black grille perfectly. Very happy with the purchase!

Thanks for the kind words!

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 1
MoeTE87719.00
      05-14-2024, 04:09 PM   #957
M340I///M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Fair enough. I am not a fan of the carbon tips, especially with the ///M logo and all.

I think they look great and go with the shadowline and gloss black grille perfectly. Very happy with the purchase!

Thanks for the kind words!
The carbon tips start to look like crap after a year of usage of you don’t take care of it. It’s why I chose the same style as the carbon ones but in all black to go with my shadow line package.

If I find the picture again of the carbon tips and what they look like after a year I will post it so that people can see what it’s going to look like so they know.

The black chrome you chose are nice and I like how they look on the blue. I have the same blue. So gives me a good idea of what black is going to look like on mine.

Thanks for sharing the picture
Appreciate 2
MoeTE87719.00
      05-14-2024, 06:04 PM   #958
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M340I///M View Post
The carbon tips start to look like crap after a year of usage of you don’t take care of it. It’s why I chose the same style as the carbon ones but in all black to go with my shadow line package.

If I find the picture again of the carbon tips and what they look like after a year I will post it so that people can see what it’s going to look like so they know.

The black chrome you chose are nice and I like how they look on the blue. I have the same blue. So gives me a good idea of what black is going to look like on mine.

Thanks for sharing the picture
Yeah, I can only imagine. I’d be curious to see what they look like so yes, if you do find it, definitely share that.

Happy to help! I know everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, but I’m a big fan of how they look on my car but now it makes me want to get a carbon fiber rear diffuser! 🤣

Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:15 AM   #959
M340I///M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, I can only imagine. I’d be curious to see what they look like so yes, if you do find it, definitely share that.

Happy to help! I know everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, but I’m a big fan of how they look on my car but now it makes me want to get a carbon fiber rear diffuser! 🤣

Absolutely I agree that’s what makes us all unique is that we all have different taste and we all visualize things differently. How Boring would it be if we all had the same taste. Whether I like someone’s build or not I don’t go around taunting it I appreciate it for what it is. And as long as the owners happy with what they have created is all that matters.

So the bootleg M performance carbon tips every one buys is actually real carbon fiber,. But the clear coat/ gel is not as strong as it should be and not only are the bootleg M performance tips affected but also real M tips from the M3 , now all this can be avoided by either taking care of the carbon with wax or uv protectant or get them recleared by a body shop , the heat really doesn’t affect carbon because one it’s elevated from the metal , it’s more so the environmental elements that causes the damage. While I couldn’t find the ones I originally mentioned , I did save a few pictures of damaged tips after a year of abuse and no finesse what so ever.

Also if you decide to get the bootleg M performance carbon tips don’t over pay,@ bimmer plug and bimmer euro which is over $300, because they drop ship them from Alibaba and or AliExpress for $100.00-$120.00 they are identical.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0