BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

10-17-2023, 05:29 PM   #1
mieh100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW x7

2024 g80 M3 Comp xdrive

I jusr ordered 2024 g80 M3 Comp xdrive and was wondering did I do a mistake ordering now or wait until the LCI starts production ? Any insight would really be appreciated ?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 05:35 PM   #2
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieh100 View Post
I jusr ordered 2024 g80 M3 Comp xdrive and was wondering did I do a mistake ordering now or wait until the LCI starts production ? Any insight would really be appreciated ?
Yes, you made a mistake. You should always wait for the next car to come out. Don't order the LCI either, because if you order that you'll miss out on the replacement for the G80 which will have like 1,000 HP. So I hear.

In all seriousness, did you look up on the LCI threads and note what the changes will be? It isn't much. Few more ponies, different headlights (no more lasers) and likely iDrive 8.5. Is that worth a year's wait to you? Only you can prevent forest fir......ah, no that's not it. Only you can determine if those things are important to you.

I waited and waited for the Cayenne LCI to come out. It was delayed by a year and a half. In the end, I had heard enough rumors that I knew that the LCI would be somewhat of a crapshoot, and Porsche delays were ridiculous so I pulled the cord. Turns out, since we wanted a Hybrid, I saved at LEAST a year if not longer as Porsche keeps delaying the hybrid release in the US. And there were many cost cutting changes I did not like. Plus they discontinued the interior we wanted, and I ended up getting the .1 runout Platnium Package which had everything I was going to order anyway and saved me like $3k. Oh and the new car is more expensive. All of these things can happen.

So...I put my money where my mouth was and ended up happy. Will you? Dunno but the market is good enough that if you have regrets, you can probably pre-trade to your dealer and order a '25 and not lose much $$
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 05:40 PM   #3
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

Yea ^ basically it. I always find it hard to answer these sort of subjective questions. OP do what you think is best for you man. Neither option will disappoint you, all depends on how much patience you have and what you are looking to spend for the updated options.

Me, I don't have patience and when I want something, I want it now. So I didn't even order mine and happen to be able to pick up a brand G80 M3 sitting at the dealer lot, ordered by someone else that didn't eventually get approved. That's just how I roll, but doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 05:56 PM   #4
snyder268
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mieh100 View Post
No right answer but just consider msrp will continue to increase the longer you wait for mainly same car. I did this to myself last year buying 23 m340i because it’s was a quicker car to get (still took 6 months). Now my 24 G80 is getting delivered next week (ordered this in July). This was easily 10k-15k mistake on my part.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 07:10 PM   #5
Mautofied17
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Competition xDrive

You made the right choice. The new headlights on the LCI are a downgrade and although BMW says otherwise, I bet someone finds a way to retrofit iDrive 8.5 to the ‘23-‘24 models.

Square 826M 20" Wheels, Dinan HAS, Dinan Midpipe, Dinan Axle-Back Exhaust, Dinan 10/12mm Spacers, SST Valve Controller
Appreciate 0