Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK ECU Problems with the G20 330e

01-02-2021, 11:11 AM   #1
1KS
Rep
Drives: BMW 330E G20 AND BMW 730D MS

ECU Problems with the G20 330e

Hi all,

My 5 month old 330e G20 has been in with BMW for nearly a month now, due to a faulty ECU unit. Apparantly the part is out of stock in Germany and they're unable to confirm when it'll come back in to stock. As it stands my car is off the road awaiting an ECU.

I'm curious to understand if anyone else has had this issue, and had to wait this long for the part?

Thanks 1KS
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 03:03 AM   #2
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

Not related to your issue but.....

My Oct 2019 330e has been in the garage twice, both times in for over a week with an issue with a gear box oil leak.

Great services as curtesy cars were provided both times but for a car of this age and mileage it’s a problem I wouldn’t expect.

In the year of ownership of my 330e it’s been in the garage longer than my last two previous company cars combined (over 3 years per car).

Volvo S40 R Design 2.0D
Lexus 300h 2.5 hybrid
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 08:46 AM   #3
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KS View Post
Hi all,

My 5 month old 330e G20 has been in with BMW for nearly a month now, due to a faulty ECU unit. Apparantly the part is out of stock in Germany and they're unable to confirm when it'll come back in to stock. As it stands my car is off the road awaiting an ECU.

I'm curious to understand if anyone else has had this issue, and had to wait this long for the part?

Thanks 1KS
Suggest to the dealer that they find an ECU in another [new/stock] car or keep the car and replace it completely.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 09:35 AM   #4
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82Dude View Post
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks 1KS
Suggest to the dealer that they find an ECU in another [new/stock] car or keep the car and replace it completely.
This.

And at a minimum (assuming your car is on finance), call BMWFS and request the refund you for the amount of time your car has been off the road.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 05:25 AM   #5
1KS
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks 1KS
I have spoken with the CEO's office and all they have been able to do is offer apologies.

I've been told the ECU should be in the country in the next 7 days. I've asked them to check within the dealer networks - surely someone will have one in stock? I have suggested they do have stock, as they are producing vehicles....
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 05:28 AM   #6
1KS
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks 1KS
This.

And at a minimum (assuming your car is on finance), call BMWFS and request the refund you for the amount of time your car has been off the road.
It is a company car, and I have spoken with the lease company and they've sent me a hired Mercedes c220d, which is no where near as luxurious as my brand new 330e.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 03:38 PM   #7
1KS
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks 1KS
I have written to them today to ask for a replacement vehicle...let's see what they say!!!
Appreciate 0