Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics M340 LCI - Apple Car Play

04-05-2023, 07:16 PM   #1
Biggie335
BMW Power
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i XDrive

M340 LCI - Apple Car Play

On both my wifes XR and my iPhone14 - i keep having random car play issues where the Heads up display stops displaying the apple music playlists - I just get the ‘please wait’ msg but when i try and toggle the steering wheel buttons forward and back it displays the song name in the heads up but still doesent show the song list in the playlist.

I’ve rebooted idrive8 and then the song list shows up in heads up then randomly disappears again a day or two later.

Both our iphones are up to date and idrive8 is running the latest version pushed out by bmw.

Anyone else experienced similar issues ? Hope we have a solution. I go in for ny winter to summer tire swap next week at the dealer so will ask about this but im pretty sure they’ll blame apple!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2023, 10:30 PM   #2
BMW11
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340

I get this sometimes and it's usually at the first startup of the day. After getting to my destination and I shut car off then when I get back then it works fine. Luckily it only happens sometimes. It always returns to normal after the shut off of car lock and come back 'later' and restart. it has to be a full shutdown of the car, park it and then come back. It will not clear for me if I just turn it off and turn it on again. I learned to live with it. If this is the only problem I have with the car I will be happy.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 11:17 AM   #3
Biggie335
BMW Power
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW11 View Post
I get this sometimes and it's usually at the first startup of the day. After getting to my destination and I shut car off then when I get back then it works fine. Luckily it only happens sometimes. It always returns to normal after the shut off of car lock and come back 'later' and restart. it has to be a full shutdown of the car, park it and then come back. It will not clear for me if I just turn it off and turn it on again. I learned to live with it. If this is the only problem I have with the car I will be happy.
Yeah agree - its the only issue ive had with the car. It IS annoying though since I pretty much live on apple music and have a ton of custom playlists. The randomness is also really weird…will see if the dealer has this issue on the radar
Appreciate 0