Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

06-08-2021, 04:57 PM   #67
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyrx7 View Post
I understand the dealer doesn't set the tax credit terms but they are the conduit for documenting and explaining the terms including any cap cost reduction if it's a lease. This is not how I recall the lease option being explained to me so rather than get into a discussion on which is correct it's best people verify with the party drafting their prospective lease contract, their dealer.
Perhaps that works if you believe that 1) your dealer is fully knowledgeable, and 2) your dealer is trustworthy. I have found either or both untrue on occasion.

Which means, confirm with BMWFS first before seeing the dealer to knowledgeably scrutinize their contract.
Agreed. I've seen dealers try to pass off the $7500 cap reduction as a negotiating tool. It doesn't affect their bottom line directly so it shouldn't affect the negotiated price. I always negotiate the selling price before even discussing all the incentives. All my i3's were at least 10% or more off MSRP on top of the $7500 cap reduction. I've seen too many fellow i3 drivers who settled with a lesser discount because they were convinced by the dealer that the $7500 was good enough. They end up paying thousands more over the course of the lease.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN13117.00
      06-09-2021, 12:27 AM   #68
phantom701
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 i4 eDrive40

Quote:
Originally Posted by soheil View Post
We did all of this for our previous i3 lease and now that we are getting another one we found out currently i3 is not eligible for CCA rebate or Fleet Discount! So only Uncle Sam's $7500 and loyalty…
BTW, if you are leasing the i3, you not only get the $7,500 rebate, but also $3,000 for loyalty. And if you get at least a 30-months lease, you will also get another $1,500 for CA. So about $12,000 by BMWFS. This is on top of the selling price you'd negotiate with the dealer.
Appreciate 1
soheil64.50
      06-09-2021, 02:56 AM   #69
soheil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom701 View Post
Quote:
We did all of this for our previous i3 lease and now that we are getting another one we found out currently i3 is not eligible for CCA rebate or Fleet Discount! So only Uncle Sam's $7500 and loyalty…
BTW, if you are leasing the i3, you not only get the $7,500 rebate, but also $3,000 for loyalty. And if you get at least a 30-months lease, you will also get another $1,500 for CA. So about $12,000 by BMWFS. This is on top of the selling price you'd negotiate with the dealer.
Yes, yes, yes, aware of all of this. Haven't really read the fine prints on CA rebate yet, but does it matter if we've previously received this rebate (for our previous i3)? Are there any income limits for the CA rebate? I know their website might explain all this but why trust them than a random stranger on a forum?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 08:14 AM   #70
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Nope. Hate to say it as a long time BMW owner but the Audi E-Tron is wayyyyy better looking and has real buttons and knobs in the dash.
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2021, 08:16 AM   #71
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Nope. Hate to say it as a long time BMW owner but the Audi E-Tron is wayyyyy better looking and has real buttons and knobs in the dash.

And, as it's an Audi, a new best friend of the Service Manager!

"Beauty's only skin deep!"
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN13117.00
sahajesh2290.00
      06-09-2021, 11:10 AM   #72
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Yes, yes, yes, aware of all of this. Haven't really read the fine prints on CA rebate yet, but does it matter if we've previously received this rebate (for our previous i3)? Are there any income limits for the CA rebate? I know their website might explain all this but why trust them than a random stranger on a forum?
Income limits apply unfortunately. Back when I applied a couple years ago the limits were in place, but they were only verifying a random sample of applicants. Iirc since last year they’re now required supporting documents from all applicants

There’s also a smaller rebate from your electric company, PG&E up here was $800 and I believe SCE down south was giving a little more
Appreciate 1
soheil64.50
      06-09-2021, 02:30 PM   #73
InsideDK
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
There are no physical navigation buttons for the infotainment. But BMW still have the rotation knob. In new audis you have to rely on touch. I use the infotainment 100 times more than the climate controls.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 10:50 PM   #74
phantom701
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
Income limits apply unfortunately. Back when I applied a couple years ago the limits were in place, but they were only verifying a random sample of applicants. Iirc since last year they’re now required supporting documents from all applicants

There’s also a smaller rebate from your electric company, PG&E up here was $800 and I believe SCE down south was giving a little more
Hmm... my sales rep basically said BMWFS applied the $1,500 CA credit to the vehicle. I guess CA might come back and check?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 12:08 AM   #75
soheil
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom701 View Post
Quote:

Hmm... my sales rep basically said BMWFS applied the $1,500 CA credit to the vehicle. I guess CA might come back and check?
If Gavin Newsom wants my vote he better doesn't check!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 12:09 AM   #76
soheil
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, we're in SCE region but I'll check the requirements for all of them. I just remember back in 2018 we received $2,500 from CA Clean Air rebate…
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 12:52 AM   #77
phantom701
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, we're in SCE region but I'll check the requirements for all of them. I just remember back in 2018 we received $2,500 from CA Clean Air rebate…
I just did a quick research. There's the CA Clean Fuel Reward where you get $1,500 for any EVs. This is a decrease from $2,500 a few years back

And then there's the income-based program (CVRP) where you can get up to $2,000. So many of us might not be eligible for the $2,000 income-based program.
Appreciate 1
soheil64.50
      06-10-2021, 01:17 PM   #78
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
I went down to my dealership to put a deposit down on the M50. He did confirm that the $7500 credit is only good for Cash or Financing because the car has to be titled in the owner's name.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 11:01 AM   #79
c3r2z8f30i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 540ix & 2021 x5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBavarian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
I'm think a lease may be the way to go with this car.

3 year obligation and any problems that may occur will be on them. Additionally, guessing the depreciation on this car will be huge.

Not sure this is the Model 3 competitor we all hoped for.

Curious how or if the rebate will be available on a lease......................................

This car will play out a bit differently than the i3 playbook. That absolutely depreciated like a tank and for good reason. This should do well in comparison, but more along the lines of typical BMW depreciation. Nothing near as good as Tesla. BMW EVs just don't have that type of marketing hype, and likely never will (Elon's fan base plays a huge role in Tesla's lack of depreciation).

I also doubt there will be massive problems for this car at launch year. BMW has taken a different approach to say Tesla (which is safe to say that first owners are usually beta testers). Extensive real world testing for their EVs goes pretty far back and is well tested. I wouldn't say buyers of these cars are Guinea pigs.

We had first year i3 BEV, 3yrs and 30k miles later. It is without a doubt the most problem free BMW I have ever owned. Zero issues. Zero range degradation. EPA range was 72, we frequently achieved 90-95.

Same goes for our X5 45e, so far we have had zero issues. Advertised EPA range of 30 (I think), and we easily achieve 40.

So I believe that we will likely be hitting closer to the 270mi mark for the M50 and the 40e will be 325mi. We shall see. One of the engineers was saying 300miles range for any type of driving.

Ultimately, we actually appreciate the more traditional styling of the i4 next to the more experimental design of the iX (interior and exterior). The large kidneys of the G22 bothered me as a 80's/90's BMW purist when they first came out, but I feel they work well here.

I did look at Tesla Model 3/Y for my wife, but she felt the interior is really inferior to many cars out there today. Minimalistic/Futuristic absolutely. A button to open the door (cool). iPad screen (cool). Hidden Air vents (cool). But when it came down to touch and feel and appearance, they remind me of late 90s economy cars. Plastics, carpets, edges, stitching and quality of lather, trim joints. So ultimately, no matter how many people, magazines or car companies say otherwise, the Model 3 will always be the EV competitor for say the Honda Civic or Mazda 3 (to my wife and I). Without a doubt it absolutely blows them away (for a price).
100% agree
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 03:13 PM   #80
Neilsafc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 touring

I have ordered the M50 in Brooklyn Grey. Haven’t looked at any extras yet, got to End of July to lock them in. I did like the frozen blue but at £2495 extra it was just too rich for me. Gone with the no cost extra of Brooklyn Grey.
One of the first to order in the north east of England. Going from a 320i G20 and second car of a Nissan Leaf.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 04:52 PM   #81
Archer-s
Captain
Rep
Drives: on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilsafc View Post
I have ordered the M50 in Brooklyn Grey. Haven’t looked at any extras yet, got to End of July to lock them in. I did like the frozen blue but at £2495 extra it was just too rich for me. Gone with the no cost extra of Brooklyn Grey.
One of the first to order in the north east of England. Going from a 320i G20 and second car of a Nissan Leaf.
Great choice of colour, don't the frozen colours require extra care as well? Maybe dodged a bullet there.

Did you get an options list? And prices?

Hoping to order one soon through work, but not on their systems yet
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 01:13 PM   #82
Neilsafc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer-s View Post
Quote:
I have ordered the M50 in Brooklyn Grey. Haven't looked at any extras yet, got to End of July to lock them in. I did like the frozen blue but at £2495 extra it was just too rich for me. Gone with the no cost extra of Brooklyn Grey.
Great choice of colour, don't the frozen colours require extra care as well? Maybe dodged a bullet there.

I did see the list but to be fair the dealer didn't have loads of time to run through each one and I'd rather wait until it's on the website to choose which ones I fancy. I did get a copy of what the order is and what is std.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Archer-s247.00
TF24.50
      06-17-2021, 02:05 PM   #83
Archer-s
Captain
Rep
Drives: on order

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer-s View Post
Quote:
I have ordered the M50 in Brooklyn Grey. Haven't looked at any extras yet, got to End of July to lock them in. I did like the frozen blue but at £2495 extra it was just too rich for me. Gone with the no cost extra of Brooklyn Grey.

I did see the list but to be fair the dealer didn't have loads of time to run through each one and I'd rather wait until it's on the website to choose which ones I fancy. I did get a copy of what the order is and what is std.
Thanks for sharing, the std spec looks pretty generous, HK, ACC, HUD, Mem Seats, won't leave much for the options list, think it's just the drive assistant pro I would add (I do lots of Motorway)
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 03:35 PM   #84
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Is the rear air suspension optional?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 11:57 PM   #85
Chrisss_GER
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Thanks for sharing! As we know, cars in the UK are already very well equipped by default
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 04:06 AM   #86
InsideDK
Private
Rep

I hate to live in a country where cars are so expensive

I'm at around USD 100.000 for the i4 M50 with these extras: mem. seats, active CC, HK, sunroof, Parking Assistant Plus, Ambient light and tow bar.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 05:17 AM   #87
lnaukkar
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: G30 530e, F40 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideDK View Post
I hate to live in a country where cars are so expensive

I'm at around USD 100.000 for the i4 M50 with these extras: mem. seats, active CC, HK, sunroof, Parking Assistant Plus, Ambient light and tow bar.
Hahah I did the math and I'm just over 100k USD as well

i4 M50 base + tow bar + laser lights + live cockpit pro + ambient + electric seats + lumbar adj + seat width adj + driving pro + parking pro + leather + hk + comfort access + 861 wheels + metallic paint + red brake calibers + seat heating front&back + drive recorder + heated steering wheel + wireless phone charger

So everything is extra ...

Last edited by lnaukkar; 06-18-2021 at 05:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 12:43 PM   #88
InsideDK
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnaukkar View Post
Hahah I did the math and I'm just over 100k USD as well

i4 M50 base + tow bar + laser lights + live cockpit pro + ambient + electric seats + lumbar adj + seat width adj + driving pro + parking pro + leather + hk + comfort access + 861 wheels + metallic paint + red brake calibers + seat heating front&back + drive recorder + heated steering wheel + wireless phone charger

So everything is extra ...
What does "live cockpit pro" cover? My dealer could not answer it last time I talked to him. As the widesceen is standard as well as connected services.
Appreciate 0